• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Wigglers:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. You can thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM. Unless you want to.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fist of Jesus -- MB-BD51F92A3F39E35E - Taken by darkchewie
Space Farmers -- MB-6CEF5DBAC6F6FA1C - Taken by xGreg
Racer 8 -- MB-29670C4F01DCA24F - Taken by 2SeeKU
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-CFA550B8AF87164C - Taken by Purkake4
t1cxE6r.gif
Gold Rush Anniversary -- MB-D609A54EB3ABC3A0 - Taken by Sarcasm
39 Steps -- MB-9FF830ACE69561D8 - Taken by DmAc2k6
Grimind -- MB-F8A690E21F563BE5 - Taken by GaussTek

zkylon

zkylewd
Here are some more screenshots of "profile styles" in action, this time approximately matched with backgrounds:

Green:
Purple:
Red:
Yellow:

I'm pretty excited about this feature. As always, it kind of makes me wonder why Valve makes everyone stick with the default blue...
looks great

but did u fix the blue line at the bottom thingie yet <3

I'll just leave this here ;)

The picture shows an edited .ini file that has a bodycount limit of 500, default in the Early Access build is 14 I believe. Of course your FPS is going to be in the single digits, or just straight up crash but it's fun to look at. Hell on earth has double the usual enemies compared to normal.
Ah ok, tempted to edit the value a bit given how quickly the corpses disappear. Given how dangerously close I am to dropping into the 50s at 1440P/Ultra I should probably wait though.

Ozium

hands are completely cramped from Lovely Planet

Glad to see you've been playing through the game (I have yet to, lol). Here's to more cramped hands. :p
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lovely Planet -- MB-5541A3D9388450BF - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.

t1429772730z1.png

Alien Isolation taught me that animals fear fire.
Seems it kind of works in Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin:

http://robotbrush.com/corrosivefrost/DS2.brightstone.cove.webm

Lotsa spiders we got there. Looks like it works against them. Seems like a hint with all the torches that drop.

Witcher 3 hype train has me swept up in it. Downloading TW2 right now, gonna watch a summary vid for TW1. Steam says I've played 11 hours of TW: EE, but I think it's just a bit too janky and old for me to stand it anymore right now. This means I'm postponing my Skyrim mod efforts for another time. Mainly because I overdid it to the point of poor performance, and because I simply don't have the focus or time to play two large RPGs like that at once.

*choo choo*

Witcher 3 hype train has me swept up in it. Downloading TW2 right now, gonna watch a summary vid for TW1. Steam says I've played 11 hours of TW: EE, but I think it's just a bit too janky and old for me to stand it anymore right now. This means I'm postponing my Skyrim mod efforts for another time. Mainly because I overdid it to the point of poor performance, and because I simply don't have the focus or time to play two large RPGs like that at once.

*choo choo*

I've just reached final act last night.
At this rate I'm confident that I'll be able to beat the game for the 5th time before 19th May. I should've beaten the game already by now if not because of GTA V.
Yeah Witcher 1 is too janky for today's standard. I'm glad I've beaten it back in 2012 after I finished Witcher 2. I'm not replaying that one.

DocSeuss

Killing Floor 2 remains incredible

*choo choo*

not beating The Witcher 1 makes you a lesser person, unfit for true greatness. Game really takes off by Act III. Takes forever to really grok its weird controls, but once you stop fighting, mmm tasty.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ExoSoul, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ExoSoul, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unknown Location #5 -- MB-AB9987D89E111EB2 - Taken by topyy. 19 entrants total.
Unknown Location #4 -- MB-2FC901889297CCAC - Taken by Twentieth. 23 entrants total.
Unknown Location #3 -- MB-05020EA39B673A73 - Taken by Naked Snake. 22 entrants total.
Unknown Location #2 -- MB-C6C4065023133FF2 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 21 entrants total.
Unknown Location #1 -- MB-D4E488DA7DC11D4D - Taken by Madn. 20 entrants total.
Neverending Tales Volume 2: Lost in the Middle -- MB-BE9A3E0F0459B373 - Taken by Purkake4. 17 entrants total.
Mr. Luchador and Steamgaf's GOTY (but what year was it? :eek:) -- MB-618A6C2020F2F6B4 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 22 entrants total.
Neverending Tales Volume 3: The Final Chapters -- MB-659DFD42F6505961 - Taken by TheLight. 17 entrants total.
Neverending Tales Volume 1: The Journey Begins -- MB-D89312742D1B2BF2 - Taken by Dsyndrome. 17 entrants total.

t1429811249z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lovely Planet -- MB-5541A3D9388450BF - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.

t1429772730z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Game picks up by the tenth hour, but then slows down again at the swamp.

The swamp being annoying/boring is a common complaint but I don't share the opinion at all. I agree that the game takes a while to "click", but once it does, there's never a particularly sub-par moment.

The swamp being annoying/boring is a common complaint but I don't share the opinion at all. I agree that the game takes a while to "click", but once it does, there's never a particularly sub-par moment.
Too many quests take place there, and enemies are freaking everywhere.

100% achievements for Dark Souls achieved. Not sure what was more aggravating, the catacombs and tomb in their entirety, or Four Kings on New game+

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
100% achievements for Dark Souls achieved. Not sure what was more aggravating, the catacombs and tomb in their entirety, or Four Kings on New game+

Oh this reminds me, I wanted to ask Steam GAF this since there's a lot of Dark Souls players here.

Centipede Demon. Was I doing something wrong or was that kind of a shitty fight? Like, low point of the game shitty?

Lowest frame rate I had for any fight (I stopped downsampling and it was still dipping below 30), forces you up against a wall for all of it because that's a great place for a third-person camera to shine, and covers the floor in an-almost-instant-death-lava as a change of pace from instant death drops.

I basically did all of my damage by being inside of him when he jumped on me. No dodging telegraphed moves, no timing strikes to slip fast his defense. Just blocking, healing, and waling away. Maybe it goes different without Solaire there?

Oh this reminds me, I wanted to ask Steam GAF this since there's a lot of Dark Souls players here.

Centipede Demon. Was I doing something wrong or was that kind of a shitty fight? Like, low point of the game shitty?

Lowest frame rate I had for any fight (I stopped downsampling and it was still dipping below 30), forces you up against a wall for all of it because that's a great place for a third-person camera to shine, and covers the floor in an-almost-instant-death-lava as a change of pace from instant death drops.

I basically did all of my damage by being inside of him when he jumped on me. No dodging telegraphed moves, no timing strikes to slip fast his defense. Just blocking, healing, and waling away. Maybe it goes different without Solaire there?

edit: oh wait, Centipede Demon. It's really a simple fight that you can definitely do "properly", but it's just... simple mid boss.

Decado

Is it possible to get viruses or malware downloading from steam? I grabbed the Not a Hero demo, installed it and things were a bit wonky. Had to restart.

A few minutes later when I started browsing the web using google chrome ads started popping up. Seems I have Dragon Branch malware. Spent 5 hrs trying to get rid of it to no avail.

madjoki

Is it possible to get viruses or malware downloading from steam? I grabbed the Not a Hero demo, installed it and things were a bit wonky. Had to restart.

A few minutes later when I started browsing the web using google chrome ads started popping up. Seems I have Dragon Branch malware. Spent 5 hrs trying to get rid of it to no avail.

In theory, it's possible if build uploaded by developer gets infected for some reason.
But I'd say its very unlikely and would've been reported more widely.

redlacs

well done! not sure why i havent started this one yet. but its probably the catacombs and tomb in their entirety, or Four Kings on New game+ (whatever that is). well done!

Salsa

Videogames taught me english.

yeah, same here

I think

I don't quite remember. I feel like I always knew enligsh even tho no one around me has ever spoken it

movies games music?

pretty sure I learned how to read in english almost at the same time as spanish due to having the US version of Pokemon Red or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom