• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm half Mexican and don't know a lick of Spanish, probably my biggest shame. Really need to get back into it now, had bad luck in Jr High/High School as one teacher kicked me out and another was absent 75% of the time as her daughter lost her legs in a car accident. Haven't had that excuse for a few years now so I just need to get to it. Need foreign language credits anyway to transfer to UT.

My grandmother is fun to talk to sometimes as she'll randomly start speaking in rapid fire Spanish mid sentence and you have to calm her down a bit.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
do I need to play mass effect 1 first or can I get into mass effect 2 immediately?

ME2 has some neat stuff that's affected by your ME1 saves. You can import pre-made ones off the internet to get what you want, but I'd kinda recommend playing ME1 for the full experience.

I don't really know how to speak to how well it's aged, since I remember it being a pretty rough when it came out.

ME2 has some neat stuff that's affected by your ME1 saves. You can import pre-made ones off the internet to get what you want, but I'd kinda recommend playing ME1 for the full experience.

I don't really know how to speak to how well it's aged, since I remember it being a pretty rough when it came out.
Played it for the third time last year, still great.

titch

It worked! 3rd time I had re-download. Didn't change anything, though it matched titch's suggestion. I guess I should be happy it's working, though wish it didn't take 2 hours. But now I get to play Bard's Tale 1-3 again so I'm happy.

Thank you all who offered suggestions, it was really appreciated.

Is there any word on the BT4 kickstarter?

And any feedback on Convoy yet?

Cool glad you got it working even if it was some strange weird jedi IT related mind trick!!!

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it was like 300-400 bucks or something to take the test

you have even more ways there you dummy
oh yeah

paying money so i can get a certificate

no thank you

with 400 usd i can buy like so many things

What From did in brighstone? Can you provide a link?

I think she's just referring to the presence of the spiders and doesn't mean "messed up" as in "broken".

added more spiders everywhere

do I need to play mass effect 1 first or can I get into mass effect 2 immediately?
well i would recommend that you do since it's pretty nice to see how everyone changes through the series and some repercussions pan out

also it's arguably the best of the three (tho i guess a case can be made for me2), so i don't think you wanna miss it

dex3108

I will put it this way. Play ME1 if you want to get know characters, story and universe in general. But if you play ME1 there is chance that you won't like few things in ME2. For me ME1>ME2 (i still need to play ME3).

Arthea

Potatoes grow in darkness. The root of all evil.

Also, anything I should know before starting up Bioshock? Going to play through all the games starting with the first one since I'm almost done exams.

you should play System Shock 2 before, that's all you need to know

as for ME, of course it doesn't make sense to start from ME2.

you should play System Shock 2 before, that's all you need to know

as for ME, of course it doesn't make sense to start from ME2.

Ooo, never knew it was by the same developer. Adding to my download queue.

probably not

i think you have to go to the keybindings menu to actually set the zoom key to something more comfortable like middle mouse button or something, cos it's mapped by default to z.

i think in bio 1 it's not even ironsights but it's pretty useful

i'd say try to read the least you can since the story in that game is really satisfying to experience for the first time

one thing i would say that it's a bit of a spoiler on how you get the different endings but imo doesn't really matter is:
when you're given the choice to save/kill the little sisters, just save them. the ending you get for killing them is dumb and makes no sense while the other one actually feels fitting and appropriate. you can kill a few afaik and still get it but still, just don't kill little girls

Thanks for the tips! Hope I'll be able to finish it before anything comes up because I hate to take a break from a game for a while and come back to it, forgetting the story line and how to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
Potatoes grow in darkness. The root of all evil.

Also, anything I should know before starting up Bioshock? Going to play through all the games starting with the first one since I'm almost done exams.
probably not

i think you have to go to the keybindings menu to actually set the zoom key to something more comfortable like middle mouse button or something, cos it's mapped by default to z.

i think in bio 1 it's not even ironsights but it's pretty useful

i'd say try to read the least you can since the story in that game is really satisfying to experience for the first time

one thing i would say that it's a bit of a spoiler on how you get the different endings but imo doesn't really matter is:
when you're given the choice to save/kill the little sisters, just save them. the ending you get for killing them is dumb and makes no sense while the other one actually feels fitting and appropriate. you can kill a few afaik and still get it but still, just don't kill little girls

Arthea

Meltdown already stated in Batman Arkham Knight Sys Requirements thread.

Recommended System Requirements
Graphics Memory: 3 GB

not again...

I really need to by new card even though i bought my GTX 760 last year XD But it is only 2GB version. But how can i buy new one when prices here at my place are ridiculous XD
the same situation, only I bought mine recently, just couldn't afford any with more than 2GB, prices are beyond ridiculous, especially after Euro dropped like a rock.

milena87

Yes, please don't skip ME1. It's the best game in the series.

It has its problems, but the other 2 games didn't manage to capture the same feelings of adventure, exploration and epicness of the first game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for the tips! Hope I'll be able to finish it before anything comes up because I hate to take a break from a game for a while and come back to it, forgetting the story line and how to play.
it's not too long of a game

you can probably rush it in a weekend or something iirc

it hasn't aged all that well but i think it's a really cool game anyways

bio2 is a bit more playable and you might end up liking it more, but the shock (ugh) that was bioshock 1 in its story (
i know it's a repeat from ss2 but still so well delivered...
) and it's universe compared to anything that had come before, at least in that generation, is one of the things about games i prolly won't ever forget

system shock 2 is awesome (when there are no spiders around) and it's crazy memorable in its own way but stylistically bio is just above most games ever

really really cool games all shock games (well haven't played ss1 but i guess it's pretty decent too...)

zkylon

zkylewd
It sort of is... but those fucking elevators.
yeah like the grind of the elevators and driving that fucking mako around is pretty bad but it's imo the strongest rpg of the series, even if it's the worst shooter

Elevators > Loading screens in my opinion.
they're both really annoying but at least loading screens don't have door opening/door closing animations that last as long as the real load :p

Anteater

not again...

the same situation, only I bought mine recently, just couldn't afford any with more than 2GB, prices are beyond ridiculous, especially after Euro dropped like a rock.

The 4gig or whatever card was actually only 20-30bucks more I think when I got my 2gig, but I remember people were telling me I'd never have to use more than 2gig so I thought I'd save the money to use on something else.

milena87

It sort of is... but those fucking elevators.

I love the elevators, getting in and out of the ship when on foot and generally having to walk where you need to go, instead of just selecting the corridor you want to be in.
ME3 and especially ME2 felt just like a collection of different areas, while ME1 felt like an interesting universe to explore.

Of course the elevator rides could have been shorter, but at least we got some little banters between the companions :D

dex3108

they're both really annoying but at least loading screens don't have door opening/door closing animations that last as long as the real load :p

At least it doesn't break immersion. They could improve things for ME2 for example elevator talks between team members.

zkylon

zkylewd
At least it doesn't break immersion. They could improve things for ME2 for example elevator talks between team members.

it doesn't do anything to my "immersion" specially when it's like a rpg full of like stats and menus and crap

it's cool in theory and i like the dialogue in the elevator rides but i would've loved to have a skip button

Arthea

The 4gig or whatever card was actually only 20-30bucks more I think when I got my 2gig, but I remember people were telling me I'd never have to use more than 2gig so I thought I'd save the money to use on something else.

not here, there are not many 4GB to choose from to begin with, I've seen only 2 and both are twice as expensive as any 2GB, well maybe not any, not that looked up every card.
I can't pay more than 400€ for a videocard, never could and probable never will be able. It just sucks that there are no older cards with 4GB on board.

edited: Happy birthday, fantomena

Anteater

not here, there are not many 4GB to choose from to begin with, I've seen only 2 and both are twice as expensive as any 2GB, well maybe not any, not that looked up every card.
I can't pay more than 400€ for a videocard, never could and probable never will be able. It just sucks that there are no older cards with 4GB on board.

that's crazy =0

I still think I'm just going to roll with a 760 2gig for another 2 years though, it's not like I'm going to be playing everything day 1, and turning down texture quality or whatever probably isn't a big deal. I still would prefer spending a few hundred bucks on something else than a gpu

derExperte

that's been impossible for a while now.
He'd "buy" the cheapest one automatically, not the seller's one
(unless it's the only single snowflake item of its kind)

Maybe mentioned on the last three pages but before I forget there are still items using the old store system. For example http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Genuine Free to Play Collector's Pack.

Magician 4.6 with the new firmware is out now. Hoping this fix does the trick.

Cool, thanks for the reminder.

Download Limit Exceeded
We apologize for your inconvenience
Please try again within 24 hours

From April 23-April 27, 2015, there is a daily limit on the number of Magician 4.6 downloads.
Unfortunately, the download limit for the day has been reached, please try again within 24 hours.
We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Thank you.

Oh Samsung.

zkylon

zkylewd
Whatever you do skip Mess Effect 3
i dunno about skip it, for all its shit me3 actually has cool conclusions to the stories of some of the characters that are unfortunately trapped in that disappointment of a game

just prepare yourself to be disappointed when you play me3

Im 20 years old today. :)

Survived so far. *self high-five*

hey, happy birthday

you're scaringly young

4EBD87868B5F8931C658D9F2F34A4E90F72E135B

hector, you're a fucking liar

titch

I will put it this way. Play ME1 if you want to get know characters, story and universe in general. But if you play ME1 there is chance that you won't like few things in ME2. For me ME1>ME2 (i still need to play ME3).

ME1 was more clunky(on the 360 anyway) than ME2 but a really enjoyable experience.

I started ME2 straight after finishing it and although 2 is a much more polished game it didn't feel quite like the space opera experience that the first one did.

I've just picked up the triple pack from amazon so looking forward to having a less clunky PC ME1 experience.

Strangely enough it was playing (and not being able to put down till I'd finished it) Deus Ex HR that got me back to ME1 after getting about half way through it.

Im 20 years old today. :)

Survived so far. *self high-five*

HBDY young un!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom