• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
ME1 was more clunky(on the 360 anyway) than ME2 but a really enjoyable experience.

I started ME2 straight after finishing it and although 2 is a much more polished game it didn't feel quite like the space opera experience that the first one did.

I've just picked up the triple pack from amazon so looking forward to having a less clunky PC ME1 experience.

Strangely enough it was playing (and not being able to put down till I'd finished it) Deus Ex HR that got me back to ME1 after getting about half way through it.

i went from hating me2 to accepting it for what it was and finding something in it that was kind of cool. i mean the story's garbage but there's enough cool moments in it to make up for it i think

but yeah 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

No need to be so extreme, simply shut off the game after you got on the Crucible and mind-canon the ending.
i'd say there's a lot of shit before the ending but yeah, there are good parts in 3

in fact the whole mordin stuff is probably one of the best in the entire series

which makes it suck so hard when you had all that other shit to go through to get through the even shittier ending lol

that's because you are really old ;)
hey now

i'm a few months older than cheesy

i have feelings you know

Knurek

Modern PCs often ship with multi-core CPUs like AMD FX processors or AMD A-Series APUs. One notable characteristic of DirectX® 11-based applications is that many of these CPU cores in any multi-core CPU go partially or fully unutilized. This lack of utilization is owed to DirectX® 11’s relative inability to break a game’s command buffer into small, parallel and computationally quick chunks that can be spread across many cores.

3a1.jpg

dex3108

Im 20 years old today. :)

Survived so far. *self high-five*

Happy B-Day and welcome in 20s :D

ME1 was more clunky(on the 360 anyway) than ME2 but a really enjoyable experience.

I started ME2 straight after finishing it and although 2 is a much more polished game it didn't feel quite like the space opera experience that the first one did.

I've just picked up the triple pack from amazon so looking forward to having a less clunky PC ME1 experience.

Strangely enough it was playing (and not being able to put down till I'd finished it) Deus Ex HR that got me back to ME1 after getting about half way through it.

HBDY young un!!!!

In ME1 weapons and weapon upgrades mean something, main story is constantly progressing, you can land on planets and explore them (even if they are same shit over and over again) and many more things are better in ME1. ME2 is more like TV Show where you have few story stages that are moving mains series story and rest are filler. And not to mention same level design in ever mission in ME2 and sam emission design in every ME2 mission.

ME2 maybe did better job with characters and getting to know them is was interesting but everything else was better in ME1 for me.

milena87

Im 20 years old today. :)

Survived so far. *self high-five*

Happy Birthday!

How old is really old these days?

0-2 baby
2-5 child
6-9 child who says "when I was little"
10-13 stupid pre-teen
14-17 mostly still stupid teen
18-25 very young
26-35 young
36-49 woman / man, must be addressed as girl and boy, though
50-55 full mid-life crisis
56-65 super tired, dreaming about not working anymore
66-79 old
80-89 really old
90-98 incredibly old
99 almost there
100 yay, congrats
101+ ancient

This is fact, of course.

Dr Dogg

Aaaaaaan GTAV done, well story missions anyway. Took a smidge over 64 hours half of played in gimped-o-vision the other half much more visually pleasing but thoroughly enjoyable either way. Kind of want to put it to one side and finish off a few other games I have on the go so I don't get open world burnout but the time Witcher III and Arkham Knight drop. Speaking off...

Meltdown already stated in Batman Arkham Knight Sys Requirements thread.

That's actually more reasonable than I would have thought. Also bit bizarre to see specs listed for 'Ultra' what ever they mean by that. Of course this is pretty much all for naught until the game is actually released.

Arthea

That's actually more reasonable than I would have thought. Also bit bizarre to see specs listed for 'Ultra' what ever they mean by that. Of course this is pretty much all for naught until the game is actually released.

reasonable? I'm afraid to ask, what would you consider unreasonable then?

MUnited83

For you.
I dont see how the recommended specs are unreasonable in the slightest.

And the minimum specs? People will play it on worse specs just fine.

Meltdown about specs makes no sense.

Jawmuncher

Happy B-Day and welcome in 20s :D

In ME1 weapons and weapon upgrades mean something, main story is constantly progressing, you can land on planets and explore them (even if they are same shit over and over again) and many more things are better in ME1. ME2 is more like TV Show where you have few story stages that are moving mains series story and rest are filler. And not to mention same level design in ever mission in ME2 and sam emission design in every ME2 mission.

ME2 maybe did better job with characters and getting to know them is was interesting but everything else was better in ME1 for me.

Weapons and Upgrade mean something for maybe like the first fee hours. Then you get cooler and damage where you can shoot weapons infinitely. It was pretty broken.
You can explore planets that have a majority of nothing on them. Driving the Mako ends up just amounting to busy work. The only thing I can say ME1 ganeplay wise had over 2 or 3 was the dialog system. It was top notch there, bit of a downgrade in 2 but still decent. 3 went lazy and just made everything good or bad.

Aaaaaaan GTAV done, well story missions anyway. Took a smidge over 64 hours half of played in gimped-o-vision the other half much more visually pleasing but thoroughly enjoyable either way. Kind of want to put it to one side and finish off a few other games I have on the go so I don't get open world burnout but the time Witcher III and Arkham Knight drop. Speaking off...

Yeah that is a lot of open world. Even GTA5 is really fun but starts to wear you down by the end. Luckily TW3 doesn't have fetch quests... although the 200 hours of fetching things for no real purpose might be a struggle.

Arthea

I dont see how the recommended specs are unreasonable in the slightest.

And the minimum specs? People will play it on worse specs just fine.

Meltdown about specs makes no sense.

well, I thought that recommended spec should be ones confirming that most medium range PCs of the time can run it, not that most aren't good enough, well, unless you don't want to sell your game. Then again I'm not having any meltdown, I just find it amusing.
Minimum specs are what recommended should be, as they have ultra specs too.
Also we know that recommended specs usually have nothing to do with reality, so there is that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
after watching frost's webm (and from what he tells me) i think even if it's really cheap i won't be getting dks2 ripoff edition

i feels like they doubled down on how messed up brighstone cove is and i don't really want to go through the stress of playing that section without knowing by memory where every spider is

I don't think they added a single spider to Brightstone and I don't think a single placement was changed. They also nerfed the boss in the area too.

Dr Dogg

Oh something like Bethesda conjured up for Wolf TNO and The Evil Within which were way, way higher than what either game required. That's more misleading than unreasonable but that recklessness helps fuel and perpetuate the silly 'Ultra @ 60fps or death!' crowd.

AC: Unity specs?

When you look at the required and recommend specs for AC Unity and how it performs on each then they were pretty spot on. Bugs and woeful LOD scaling aside it's still one of the, if not the most impressive looking games out there from a tech point of view.

Yeah that is a lot of open world. Even GTA5 is really fun but starts to wear you down by the end. Luckily TW3 doesn't have fetch quests... although the 200 hours of fetching things for no real purpose might be a struggle.

Well I've still got Pillars to get back into (just at the start of Act 2) so I'm trying not only to stave off burnout of explorable worlds but RPGs too. But I've got episode 2 of Life is Strange to slot in somewhere, the final episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2 as well, with Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein TNO and COD AW to fill some holes. Actually looking at that list I think I might get burnt out just on games in general.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When you look at the required and recommend specs for AC Unity and how it performs on each then they were pretty spot on. Bugs and woeful LOD scaling aside it's still one of the, if not the most impressive looking games out there from a tech point of view.

It even handily beats a certain first party exclusive open world game I've been playing of late in the visuals department.

Anteater

Oh something like Bethesda conjured up for Wolf TNO and The Evil Within which were way, way higher than what either game required. That's more misleading than unreasonable but that recklessness helps fuel and perpetuate the silly 'Ultra @ 60fps or death!' crowd.

18vyBn5.jpg

I just went and checked, it says all you need for wolfenstein TNO is some amd 14.4 driver!

Tizoc

Gonna buy another 2 TB Ex Harddisk since the current one I got is getting full from all these 10 GB+ Steam games...

Dr Dogg

It even handily beats a certain first party exclusive open world game I've been playing of late in the visuals department.

Ha! From the screens I've seen the materials look really good buy the shader aliasing looks like it would be a pain in motion. Fingers crossed all the issues with Unity have been ironed out for Victory.

http://i.imgur.com/18vyBn5.jpg[MG]

I just went and checked, it says all you need for wolfenstein TNO is some amd 14.4 driver![/QUOTE]

*teehee* That's even doubly funny when AMD and their legenday OpenGL support at launch were causing some folks problems.

Knurek

Enjoyed the game, still kind of surprised the positivity this game got and that it turned out to be an enjoyable game, given that this is their first time at the genre.

Instead of bragging about positive reviews, shouldn't the devs focus on finishing the game?
I mean, it's not even 50% complete...

zkylon

zkylewd
Unlike the other ones, i'm proud of my gray hairs~
i saw one once

i rip it out immediately

i've been depressed ever since

do I ever <3
<33

Hector always lies.
haha i have no idea what this means

I don't think they added a single spider to Brightstone and I don't think a single placement was changed. They also nerfed the boss in the area too.
the spider that's attached to the wall in that webm isn't there in the normal game. there's the few that fall from the ceiling (i think 3), plus the phantom one in ng+ but no spiders attached to the walls in the whole dungeon

i might be mistaken but i'm pretty sure i'd remember cos i literally did the whole 15 kills on like my four playthroughs

Happy Birthday Phantomenace!
:p

Also why are you so old zkylon? You darn cougar.
<3
shut up wtf -___-

Enjoyed the game, still kind of surprised the positivity this game got and that it turned out to be an enjoyable game, given that this is their first time at the genre.
yeah i'm surprised people have been genuinely kind to the game considering the hate games like gone home get

Jawmuncher

yeah i'm surprised people have been genuinely kind to the game considering the hate games like gone home get

Gone Home got more hate for it's gameplay rather than its content. Pick Stuff Up, listen to some stuff, repeat until the end. Not to mention the high price it came out at. 19.99 for what was a hour of game is a bit much.

Gone Home got more hate for it's gameplay rather than its content. Pick Stuff Up, listen to some stuff, repeat until the end. Not to mention the high price it came out at. 19.99 for what was a hour of game is a bit much.

The irony is that would now be considered pretty solid compared to the modern steam trend of charging more for one hour of content to be delivered some time in 2026.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Patrice Desilets announces episodic Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Panache's first project

Our first game is Ancestors : the Humankind Odyssey.

Our game is a third person action-adventure survival episodic game.

Through each episodes, we want the player to relive the greatest moments of mankind with a documentary twist. Our civilisation is one idea away from extinction... or evolution.

Stay tuned much more to come in 2015!

panachedigitalgames.com

titch

Lots of replies incoming.......

but yeah 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

I'm so not looking forward to 3 gotta play it though........someday

ME2 is more like TV Show where you have few story stages that are moving mains series story and rest are filler.

Great analogy and what I've played so far totally agree.

36-49 woman / man, must be addressed as girl and boy, though

80-89 really old
This is fact, of course.

Of course defo taking that as fact....

This man is happy enough with that

Doubt I will see really old :(

Took a smidge over 64 hours half

God those were they days now I'm lucky to get what feels like 6-4 hours a month...

Magician 4.6 with the new firmware is out now. Hoping this fix does the trick.

Cheers will get on that boat tonight!!

i saw one once, i rip it out immediately, i've been depressed ever since

Wait till it becomes a monthly/weekly/daily/ach eff it process.

Happy still to be on the odd monthly part.....

Regarding the new firmware and Magician for the Evo, will that work effectively like a reformat? Like, requiring an OS reinstall and all that?

titch

Regarding the new firmware and Magician for the Evo, will that work effectively like a reformat? Like, requiring an OS reinstall and all that?

The last one didn't - there may be issues if you only have a certain amount of free space iirc but I bloody hope not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom