• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one didn't - there may be issues if you only have a certain amount of free space iirc but I bloody hope not :(

Nice. I should be good on space.

I opted for a 250gb when I switched to solid state with no secondary HDD, after years of having a fairly large drive that I just let crap pile up on.

I thought it would be a good way to force myself to not be lazy about my drive and really manage what's there and what shouldn't be, etc. But my interest in non-laziness is waning while my true useless self bubbles back to the surface.

milena87

Of course defo taking that as fact....

This man is happy enough with that

:p

But I was only half kidding, as the majority of people I work with is between 36 and 55 and many of them are pretty sensible when it comes to age. Overly sensitive o_O
My colleague being one of the most extreme cases. She was depressed for the whole year when she turned 40, then she started shopping at places usually for teenagers and lately she got her eyebrows and her lips tatooed and is now considering facial liftings / plastic surgery.

Hmmm... it's an interesting concept. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm certainly intrigued.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice. I should be good on space.

I opted for a 250gb when I switched to solid state with no secondary HDD, after years of having a fairly large drive that I just let crap pile up on.

I thought it would be a good way to force myself to not be lazy about my drive and really manage what's there and what shouldn't be, etc. But my interest in non-laziness is waning while my true useless self bubbles back to the surface.

I bought a 60GB SSD thinking it'd be plenty of space as I was coming from a 20GB partition, but after a few months the free space indicator was in the red.

ViviOggi

yeah i'm surprised people have been genuinely kind to the game considering the hate games like gone home get
Depends on where you look, out of curiosity I checked /v/ when ep1 released and saw the exact same mind-boggling shit Gone Home got. I feel like LiS is flying under the radar compared to GH which received constant, glowing praise in mainstream gaming media whereas for LiS it's just some good reviews and the odd opinion piece.

Dr Dogg

In an age where every game with a budget bigger than a school kids lunch money is marketed to us from months and months to the point of boredom, just actually seeing stuff that resembles gameplay for Mad Max now, 4 months before release, is surprisingly refreshing. Though I can see me getting horrific flashbacks to the American dub of the first film if Max doesn't have an Aussie accent.

dex3108

Man Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor would be amazing in Mad Max. Gameplay looks ok, artstyle is amazing but you can see that it was cross gen game at first. I expect Metacritic score around 80 for Mad Max :D

Dr Dogg

I'm sure if you go dig through patent applications made by Warner Bros. you'll find one for Arkham Style Combat for use in electronic entertainment and software. How soon before the LEGO games go that way?

Parsnip

Oh this reminds me, I wanted to ask Steam GAF this since there's a lot of Dark Souls players here.

Centipede Demon. Was I doing something wrong or was that kind of a shitty fight? Like, low point of the game shitty?

Lowest frame rate I had for any fight (I stopped downsampling and it was still dipping below 30), forces you up against a wall for all of it because that's a great place for a third-person camera to shine, and covers the floor in an-almost-instant-death-lava as a change of pace from instant death drops.

I basically did all of my damage by being inside of him when he jumped on me. No dodging telegraphed moves, no timing strikes to slip fast his defense. Just blocking, healing, and waling away. Maybe it goes different without Solaire there?

Nearly everything from Firelink to amazing chest is stellar, even Blight Town.
Nearly everything after that is less so, Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith being the worst of those areas, so the shitty Centipede Demon fight fits perfectly in there.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years 3D remake announced for Steam

Now with a full 3D remake, FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS can be played as never before on Steam.

Featuring an intro movie by Visual Works, Steam Achievements and Steam Trading Cards, take part in the epic sequel that unfolds nearly two decades after the events of FINAL FANTASY IV. Classic characters make their return alongside several new heroes, including Ceodore, son of Cecil and Rosa.

FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS comes to Steam on May 12th, 2015. Pre-order now to get 10% off!

Vlad

I tried playing Dustforce with keyboard controls. That lasted through the tutorial.

I can't play platformers with keyboard controls. I put my fingers on x and z and 5 seconds later they are on d or e or whatever. I'll have to give it a try with a controller.

I did play through the entire of Gothic 1 with keyboard controls.

It's entirely doable once you get used to it. I played through all the levels with just the keyboard, and while I don't have the highest rank on the last few, I can definitely tell that it's more my problem than the keyboard's.

Maniac

Banned
Shielding.

Need to get a dedicated sound card or a usb microphone.

As always, friends don't let friends but headsets on pc.

Friends also never let friends use onboard audio for any decent pair of cans unless it's an Asus mobo. Those things are beautiful.

Also I think I'm gonna order the ROG Xonar Phoebus thing. Anyone got experience with the break-out kit? Not sure if I wanna spend extra for the extra noise-cancellation, but I may.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
3D remake of The After Years? Weird priorities at SE. I've got FF IV Complete on my Vita but never got further than Cecil changing classes.

The 3D remake has been available for iOS and Android since late 2013. The game plays like crap on my tablet though and the controller support on the Android version is not so great. So I'm looking forward to it.

Dr Dogg

I won't get my hopes up after DotEmu's string of ports. Hope to be surprised, expect to be disappointed. Fingers crossed they're not on the job.

rtcn63

Hey fellas, I have a quick look up for Tea Party Simulator 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjkpAZpA62Y

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom