• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I remember impressing my first primary teacher by knowing the plot to The Hobbit because I played the Adventure game on a BBC Micro so much. Beyond that? I guess Sonic The Hedgehog taught me what an echidna was. That's good to know.

Now for something that isn't related to learning. As I don't follow them at all these days, what is the best MOBA game for someone to play by themselves with bots so that they can learn the general idea of what they are? Right now I'm just going to give my friend a copy of Warcraft III and a link to DOTA since I know that, but surely since 2005 something better has come out in that regard.

Dota 2 all the way.

LoL is definitely the easier one to pick up, however the tutorials and bots in Dota 2 are actually pretty good. It's not as easy to pick up though.

GaussTek

I won't get my hopes up after DotEmu's string of ports. Hope to be surprised, expect to be disappointed. Fingers crossed they're not on the job.

Did they handle both the III and IV ports, or just IV? (Steam only shows DotEmu on IV)

If they handled both... well, most likely they are also in charge of this one :/

In before FFVII Remake announcement!!
For iOS and Android.

Dr Dogg

Any way more to the point, where the bloody hell is Lightning Returns? I want my mopy bugger dress up simulator Squenix!

Yeah, http://store.steampowered.com/app/346830 is linked from youtube, but not live yet.

Ah right, missed that. Looks like it's been in the works a while though.

Did they handle both the III and IV ports, or just IV? (Steam only shows DotEmu on IV)

If they handled both... well, most likely they are also in charge of this one :/

VII, VIII, III and IV if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Annubis

Dota 2 all the way.

LoL is definitely the easier one to pick up, however the tutorials and bots in Dota 2 are actually pretty good. It's not as easy to pick up though.

I don't like DOTA2's art style thus LoL wins by default.
I'm actually playing a bit of Blizzard's beta MOBA with friends but it's passable at best =/
It feels like it's lacking a lot.

Isn't After Years a crappy game?
I only heard bad things about it.

The highlight of the game is the final dungeon.
You get like 20 characters to put together a party with and fight through
nearly every popular boss from the 2D FF games

There's so much crap to go through to get that far though.

And the villain is straight-up bullshit. Just...absolute trash.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Isn't After Years a crappy game?
I only heard bad things about it.

3oPz082.png

"The All-time RPG Classic"!

believe-his-lies.gif

Teggy

It's entirely doable once you get used to it. I played through all the levels with just the keyboard, and while I don't have the highest rank on the last few, I can definitely tell that it's more my problem than the keyboard's.

Oh, I know it's me, not the keyboard. I didn't grow up on PC games and am just terrible with the keyboard. Unless it's an old game that doesn't support it (Deus Ex 1, for example), I play all my FPS on PC with a controller.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Square doesn't really have anything big they could announce, do they? We already know about:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Just Cause 3
Triad Wars
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

The only new thing I'd have any expectation about is the next Hitman, and they've already hinted that it's going to be separate from the Agent 47 storyline and most likely a multiplayer game based around the mode from Absolution. Right? Also not counting their mobile stuff, which I don't follow.

And the other big conference is probably going to be Bethesda/Zenimax, with new Doom and whatever Todd Howard and Friends have been doing post-Skyrim.

Tried the Evil Within demo and this game is pretty awesome. I'm surprised by how long the demo is, good thing that progress carries over to the full game, shame I can't afford it right now, even with the current discount.

Messiah

Tried the Evil Within demo and this game is pretty awesome. I'm surprised by how long the demo is, good thing that progress carries over to the full game, shame I can't afford it right now, even with the current discount.
The demo actually is the worst part of the game. I really liked the game as well.

derExperte

I was about to order a G700s in 2 weeks.

Now I've had a change of heart after reading the news. :/

I'm reading the Reuters article and that says:

Towards that end, Logitech said it will exit a low-margin business that mainly makes computer mice for PC makers to sell as their own. Sales there fell 26 percent in the latest quarter.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/23/logitech-inter-results-idUSL1N0XK02P20150423

What does that mean? Could be that they'll still make their own mice and only stop production for others.

EDIT: http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/news/3085180/logitech.html German, they contacted Logitech and indeed, only the production of cheap mice (OEM Business) will end. Not their own, not their gaming mice!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/23/logitech-inter-results-idUSL1N0XK02P20150423

What does that mean? Could be that they'll still make their own mice and only stop production for others.

EDIT: http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/news/3085180/logitech.html German, they contacted Logitech and indeed, only the production of cheap mice (OEM Business) will end. Not their own, not their gaming mice!
That's good to know. Thanks!

baterism

Cheap logitech mice
*stare at own mouse
You mean this B100 stuff that I bought for $5? Oh shit, I have use this type since junior high. Press F, you will be missed B100.

kudoboi

Square doesn't really have anything big they could announce, do they? We already know about:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Just Cause 3
Triad Wars
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

The only new thing I'd have any expectation about is the next Hitman, and they've already hinted that it's going to be separate from the Agent 47 storyline and most likely a multiplayer game based around the mode from Absolution. Right? Also not counting their mobile stuff, which I don't follow.

And the other big conference is probably going to be Bethesda/Zenimax, with new Doom and whatever Todd Howard and Friends have been doing post-Skyrim.

they don't have much to announce but im interested to see gameplay of most of the games you listed there

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh Hallelujah our problems are solved!

How many mice companies are there, anyway? I only know of Razer and Logitech. All my non-console controllers on PC have been Logitech for the past ten years.

Mad Cats makes a mouse, or rather, a rat. SteelSeries makes a line, too.

I'm sure there are other, even smaller outfits going, but the threat of losing Logitech is a huge one.

Don't know why Asus making mice surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom