• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see the KF2 discussion and videos. Usually L4D gets brought up and then gets said how they don't like it that much, how its community is terrible and how KF is better. Going to be interesting to see the mood once L4D3 gets announced.

Nzyme32

Steam Client Beta Update April 23th

23 APRIL - ALFRED
General
Updated the web component to CEF version 41.0.2272.104

Streaming
Fixed crash on exit for the streaming client
Fixed hang in Big Picture under SteamOS if your streaming client crashed

Big Picture
Added the ability to filter your friends list
Added a disk management page to settings that lets you view and delete installed games

titch

Magician 4.6 with the new firmware is out now. Hoping this fix does the trick.

Download Limit Exceeded

Seriously Samsung you have to be kidding!!!!

Nice. I should be good on space.

Did you manage to d/l it?

She was depressed for the whole year when she turned 40, then she started shopping at places usually for teenagers and lately she got her eyebrows and her lips tatooed and is now considering facial liftings / plastic surgery.

Thats defo not growing old gracefully!!!!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
A curiosity: I doubt FFX/X-2 Remastered will reach PC or other platforms. I noticed the game has the "Only on PS4" band, the same one of Bloodborne or other exclusive titles. So maybe the agreement between SE and Sony from PS2 is still a thing.

IIRC Sony has a middleware to ease PS2 up-ports but it has the condition that anything produced with it can only be released on Playstation/Sony platforms.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One more profile style I'm contemplating is "clear" - essentially whatever is in your profile background will be the background for the top of the page. Here are some examples:

BsNHeq2.png

mLWWhl9.png

7AQYxx6.png

5Nesm4O.png

As you can see, some profile backgrounds work better than others. I guess I'll just leave it up to the individual user to choose one that works well for them. What do you guys think?

Square doesn't really have anything big they could announce, do they? We already know about:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Just Cause 3
Triad Wars
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

The only new thing I'd have any expectation about is the next Hitman, and they've already hinted that it's going to be separate from the Agent 47 storyline and most likely a multiplayer game based around the mode from Absolution. Right? Also not counting their mobile stuff, which I don't follow.

And the other big conference is probably going to be Bethesda/Zenimax, with new Doom and whatever Todd Howard and Friends have been doing post-Skyrim.

Dragon Quest X?

Is anyone else unable to log into Steam from a browser? I'm using Chrome and, every time I try to log in, it takes me back to the home page without logging me in.

MUnited83

For you.
That bundle is too good.(i already own every thing.
Square doesn't really have anything big they could announce, do they? We already know about:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Just Cause 3
Triad Wars
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

The only new thing I'd have any expectation about is the next Hitman, and they've already hinted that it's going to be separate from the Agent 47 storyline and most likely a multiplayer game based around the mode from Absolution. Right? Also not counting their mobile stuff, which I don't follow.

And the other big conference is probably going to be Bethesda/Zenimax, with new Doom and whatever Todd Howard and Friends have been doing post-Skyrim.
Pretty sure that the new Hitman is a single player game where they are focused to go back to their roots.

titch

Cheers m8 already got it elsewhere just thought it was pretty pathetic from Sammy - strange tho my evo doesnt have a new firmware yet :( EVO840 128?

now that's a bundle.

i think i own all of them except for guacamelee stce tho

Same except for Steamworld Dig and The Fall, well dont have divekick but not a beatemup fan.

Sad when you get too many games and the bundles are not immediate pickups :( Thats bad innit!!!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ExoSoul, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ExoSoul, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Unknown Location #5 -- MB-AB9987D89E111EB2 - Taken by topyy. 19 entrants total.
Unknown Location #4 -- MB-2FC901889297CCAC - Taken by Twentieth. 23 entrants total.
Unknown Location #3 -- MB-05020EA39B673A73 - Taken by Naked Snake. 22 entrants total.
Unknown Location #2 -- MB-C6C4065023133FF2 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 21 entrants total.
Unknown Location #1 -- MB-D4E488DA7DC11D4D - Taken by Madn. 20 entrants total.
Neverending Tales Volume 2: Lost in the Middle -- MB-BE9A3E0F0459B373 - Taken by Purkake4. 17 entrants total.
Mr. Luchador and Steamgaf's GOTY (but what year was it? :eek:) -- MB-618A6C2020F2F6B4 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 22 entrants total.
Neverending Tales Volume 3: The Final Chapters -- MB-659DFD42F6505961 - Taken by TheLight. 17 entrants total.
Neverending Tales Volume 1: The Journey Begins -- MB-D89312742D1B2BF2 - Taken by Dsyndrome. 17 entrants total.

t1429811249z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Might & Magic Heroes 7 has a store page again. It was taken down a little under two weeks ago, just two days after it was put up, for reasons unknown.

Did you manage to d/l it?

Not yet. I have to get home. I'm currently on track for my brain to be about the consistency of creamed corn, so I might just hold off until the weekend to backup (just in case) and install. Hopefully by then the rush to DL it will have subsided a little and I can get in before that weird cap they've put on daily DLs...

And on a side rant: I despise game updates without legit patch notes.

This happened most recently with today's update to Bloodborne, where they listed the fixes the patch provided and then just abruptly nerfed a weapon without one mention of it. While it doesn't affect me at all and I think the nerf was justified, I despise the practice of stealth changes to games.

That got me thinking, what are some of the worst offenders of stealth nerfs that stick out to you? Or who are the worst offenders of note-less patches?

Phawx

That bundlestars thing is jusssst the right amount to screw me. I own all but two games. And the cheapest Divekick and The Fall have gone is $2.50. So I'd be saving a dollar by buying this bundle.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

LMAO. Steam does what Microsoft proposed in 2005 during the X-box 360 PR blitz train.

That said, I don't think I'll ever buy a mod from Steam Workshop. Hell, I haven't even used that function very often because 1) TF2/CS:GO items can't really be "used" to try out easy and 2) nobody but me would see them anyway which makes asking for opinions if you're a content creator a bit hard if you're playing the game with your workshop items.

madjoki

Try any mod, Risk Free
It's still important to spend a little time learning about any product you are about to purchase. But, if after purchase you find that a mod is broken or doesn’t work as promised, you can easily get a refund of that mod within 24 hours of your purchase. View the full refund policy here.

It's true

Copons

Remember Riot? Visually it's quite striking.

Damn, I was follow its development some years ago and then I kinda forgot about it.
Looks incredible, way better - and with more personality - than what I remember it to be back then (like, visually a clone of Sword & Sworcery).

Is the game based upon G8? Because it's located in Italy, at least by checking the game cover. Or it will be one of many locations, dunno.

The devs are (is?) Italian, and at least in part is based on actual demostrations in Italy.
You can see a pic with with a "NO TAV" logo and the pic with "Banca Carige" and "Pizzarito", well, that's Piazza S. Giovanni in Rome and it should likely be the 2011 riot (and props to the historic precision: Pizzarito closed like a couple of years ago :D )
And I know because I was fucking there locked in by cops firing tear gas on both sides and people throwing rocks and other shit everywhere, pointlessly destroying one of the most beautiful areas of the city.

EDIT: I dunno about the Genova G8. I've never been in Genova so I don't have any visual clue to recognize it, but I bet there'll be something about it in the game, it being the most famous and violent riot in Italian recent history.

I feel like this is a bad precedent.

Wet and Cold is listed there for $5. Like, does this mean that the author is gonna pull the free nexus version? Or no longer update it? Or is this just gonna apply to Steam stuff since it's more plug and play and you're paying for ease of use?

IDK man.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Worth noting:

Try any mod, Risk Free
When shopping for anything, it's still important to spend a little time learning about any product you are about to purchase. But, if after purchase you find that a mod is broken or doesn’t work as promised, you can easily get a refund of that mod within 24 hours of your purchase. View the full refund policy here.

I wonder how long until this is applied to store purchases.

abracadaver

bundle stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-2D08FE706CE11C3B - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-650A932BB077D668 - Taken by alr1ght. 11 entrants total.

t1429810292z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom