• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
have at it

ModBot said:
[
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SteamWorld Dig -- MB-2E236A374A58E453 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-D411F81E27BA502E - Taken by Spirited. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-AFD29B7AF360E963 - Taken by Intel. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-31163CFAF7F9A231 - Taken by nja
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-13324E802407C2C6 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-F3AEAAF4C67B6DB1 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.

t1429810412z1.png

well, there were hints they're going to monetize Dota mods (proper mods that is, not UGC like cosmetics and such)

soon, Valve will monetize everything

Dsyndrome

Still find it funny that I've put almost 100 hours into Skyrim and haven't beaten the main game or any of the expansions. I think the only faction I've fully beaten was the Companions one, and that was to become a super-werewolf.

I still impulsively keep the Unofficial Mods up to date though despite not playing consistently in a long time.

Only Skyrim DLC I'm missing is hearthfire.
Only reason I want is for this incredible male NPC overhaul mod.
Which has currently disappeared off of the nexus for whatever reason.

KingKong

I like that the content creators can monetize their hobby, but I will probably not buy any mods ever.

I just don't think there's a lot of games that are worth it. Skyrim works because it's still so crazy popular, but I wouldn't buy anything for like Saint's Row or something I'd stop playing in a week

Annubis

LoL basically remade its map with Dota 2's palette recently.

Yeah, I don't like the new style they are going for.
The old style was very nice because it wasn't afraid to use colors.
The new style is getting closer and closer to DA2's shit mountain brownification.
(Because brown is serious and LoL is serious gaming)

yeah, i don't know how i feel about this. Paying for mods seems to go against the spirit of the modding community and it rewards bad developers for being incompetent. I really like Steam Workshop, too, so this sucks.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I agree, paying people for great content that is much better than the original one is absolutely horrible. Paying for the crappy base game is just fine tho. /s
Lmao, RIP Skyrim modding community. What a horrible move.

Now Bethesda's horrible design decisions (which modders will fix and probably monetise) will make the game cost even more, while still earning Bethesda their coin.
Lol, come on.

madjoki

yeah, i don't know how i feel about this. Paying for mods seems to go against the spirit of the modding community and it rewards bad developers for being incompetent. I really like Steam Workshop, too, so this sucks.

Depends on mod. But I expect everyone one to charge like $1 for small changes too.
Which means this is gonna suck.

I guess L4D3, DOTA2 source 2, will be made with this in mind, with Valve taking money from mods rather than making
Half-Life 3

Arthea

Crypt of the NecroDancer has left Early Access.

I wishlisted promptly to celebrate, but how much roguelike it is, I'm not fond of starting over and over again, to put it mildly. The concept is original and sounds cool, so I'll end up buying it anyway, just not sure when and how much I'll play.

edited: btw Indiegala is handing out Blocksotrm beta keys now, I decided not to bother but maybe someone wants, so here is the link
https://www.indiegala.com/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Depends on mod. But I expect everyone one to charge like $1 for small changes too.
Which means this is gonna suck.

I guess L4D3, DOTA2 source 2, will be made with this in mind, with Valve taking money from mods rather than making
Half-Life 3

Valve will release a Steam Workshop compilation titled Half-Life: 3 Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom