• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

well both games are coming-of-age stories about teenager girls. gone home deals more with sexuality and lis seems to be more about accepting yourself, confidence and such, tho i felt the first episode hinted a relationship between chloe and her other friend

i've heard people call both games hipsterish a lot, because of its subject matter and their art styles with like folksky friday night lights americana thing or its 90s throwback casette tape stuff in gone home's case

also that doesn't mean lis isn't also very much like twd since both games play so similarly, it's why most people's immediate reaction was to think of both twd and gone home, they're not mutually exclusive!

I guess I can understand that. Didn't think of it that way.

MUnited83

For you.
People are posting docs from Police in Mgs thread. I'm out, they also provided a wrong translation, I'm pretty sure this can cause problems for Gaf, mods should close the thread.

They didn't post the docs, another site did. It won't cause any problems to GAF at all, and it wouldn't even if it was a GAF member posting it directly on GAF. Police reports are public information. No law against publishing them online.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you put 2 keys in 1 modbot line again? like game+dlc so its not 2 seperate entries

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume since modbot didnt go "yo this key is a dupe dawg" these are all good. If not, well...I dont give a fuck, sorry I guess?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 45 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-7B9B52D8144BC507
Boid -- MB-B53622CBB34552D8 - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia -- MB-4EA8D889BE9C02D3 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Blade Symphony -- MB-4E17781DC41207B0 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 3 entrants total.
The Albino Hunter -- MB-0740F7939A46A8C9 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Pretentious Game -- MB-1D8250F44A4C5FFC - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Train of Afterlife -- MB-A1BA93D3544B1615 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-177571A7AB21A696 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-7B3D4FD5A45C2024 - Taken by WisK. 1 entrants total.
The Last Door -- MB-79070D9F301F5799 - Taken by DmAc2k6. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse Prime -- MB-380ED75D94459291 - Taken by Vlad. 4 entrants total.
Eufloria HD -- MB-AD87CD2FF67316D8 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
RED JOHNSON'S CHRONICLES - 1 Plus2 - STEAM SPECIAL EDITION -- MB-F58689F6F2917093 - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.
Avadon 2: the Corruption -- MB-15182E8B813188C3 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Project Night -- MB-2DC0730C8FABC60C
Vanguard Princess Plus Hilde DLC -- MB-F1DB7C5394D4C263 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance 2 - Wildfire -- MB-FC82453D0ED3ABF6 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Cinders -- MB-72A3281F081E35E2 - Taken by Bayonetta. 3 entrants total.
Drakensang: The River of Time -- MB-9534F2AE7B86CE88 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-0E84BEE935AB2F2B - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Rage Runner -- MB-FCF4C00AA9E22970 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Fighting Fantasy: the Forest of Doom -- MB-1D35616113197650 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-CD77DF66582348F0 - Taken by dante81. 1 entrants total.
Castle Storm -- MB-178A4579C1B6665C - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total.
DUNGEONS: THE EYE OF DRACONUS -- MB-9FB25D45E29DA56F - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-2D7A3DB08EBD2E2B - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
God Mode -- MB-B9051F448798754B - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Costume Quest -- MB-C7C2B0678F5B363F - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-BF2245C5E452C69D - Taken by anastef. 5 entrants total.

Ironclad Tactics Deluxe -- MB-4E9D792568DA3703 - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Dark Scavenger -- MB-E285FD2C73D3DBD6
Titan Attacks! -- MB-CB513A2E4DDCF25C - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Run or Die -- MB-6F7C050857602EEF - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
Sinking Island -- MB-9E81C7A87A28112F - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-8F2EA19A75CB8945 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Tesseract -- MB-07419126DC0321D9 - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.
Gorky 17 -- MB-37842938256CB2A5
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-D755410F37CEAD7F - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Melissa K. And the Heart of Gold -- MB-0F32938874586857 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-37446C3AC60FBFEE
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-B3D24FA49018CA0C - Taken by Accoun. 2 entrants total.
Last Inua -- MB-F359EA34A5D3C3B4 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-C5B462FE26BCD5B9
Cubicity -- MB-CF607347DD283C8A - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum -- MB-073D6B49EAE36D3A - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.

t1429827212z1.png

From the four roguelike games recommended t me, two are first person and I just happen to be semi-allergic to FP games in general (plus I really disliked Tower of Guns even though I got it for free). Sunless Sea and Abyss Odyssey look awesome though: I've added them to my wishlist for now as they're barely discounted, though. Thanks all!

titch

i mean, as someone that really liked mass effect's universe i'd definitely be interested in a new game

tho i don't have much trust in bioware being able to replicate what made me1 great, i would like to see what they come up with for the series and how they figure out what the next step is after shepard

also shut up

The science genre must be one of the easiest to write for - it doesnt need to be anything groundbreaking either.

Also NEVER!

Dr Dogg

As much shit as CoD gets the mission where you're assaulting
Spacey's (come on you knew he wasn't a goody toe shoes)
villa has some better stealth mechanics and options than fully fledge stealth focused games. Granted they have gone the way of the dodo as of late.

Yeah, I don't like the new style they are going for.
The old style was very nice because it wasn't afraid to use colors.
The new style is getting closer and closer to DA2's shit mountain brownification.
(Because brown is serious and LoL is serious gaming)
I like how my eyes no longer bleed with the new pallette.
Cant say I'll bother with paid mods.

Dota 2, CSGO and TF2 almost run on user "mods
hats
".

zkylon

zkylewd
Certainly not. But... you should seek the Nox Special. Even without the series it's an amazing piece for itself. The story of a clockmaker slowly plunging into madness.
maybe

got too much anime on my plate right now to add another one

The science genre must be one of the easiest to write for - it doesnt need to be anything groundbreaking either.

Also NEVER!
i dunno about that

part of the thing mass effect was so cool is because the universe bioware created was super interesting and well developed with lots of cool races and cool conflicts and lots of mystery. the reapers were scary as fuck in me1 and the galaxy really felt like a weird and wondrous place to me in me1 and to a lesser degree in 2. also the visual designs of the races and the whole retro-futuristic-classic-but-kind-of-modernized look of the armor and guns and tech was really cool, as was their take on magic. and similarly the music was really fitting too, as was the voiceacting and the cutscenes and everything. the production values of that series is amazing

overall the design of mass effect as a series is fantastic and in no small part that's thanks to the confident writing of me1 and how good bioware was in me1 and 2 to make you feel like you were as much of a badass as shepard was supposed to be

like for the most part they really allow you to be like a super future beyond-the-law space magic badass cop that like punches whoever she wants and sleeps with gross looking aliens and shit

As much shit as CoD gets the mission where you're assaulting
Spacey's (come on you knew he wasn't a goody toe shoes)
villa has some better stealth mechanics and options than fully fledge stealth focused games. Granted they have gone the way of the dodo as of late.

Ah, sod the haters. COD games are fun if you're not expecting anything other than Call of Duty. Sure they've got bigger, louder and sillier, but sod it. It's like all those people who think they're film critics and can't dare bring themselves to enjoy a good Friday Night Action flick because there's not some deep hidden message that only intellects can understand.

Same with people who bemoan 'college humour' in computer games. If you don't like it, fine, but it doesn't mean other people can't like it. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Salsa

good lord idk who was watching but I was sweating blood and when I finally got it the game gave me just 2 stars

fuckin lovely planet ughh

also I really wanna grab Rebirth, but it's dumb that after release I still dont' get a discount for owning the previous game. The price that's on now is basically what I could have paid for it on release isnt it? only time owning the previous game amounted for something

might still grab it. dunno

Rhaknar

Wow Rhaknar! 45 games, 15 minutes, not a free-for-all.

This is some serious game theory shit. Still, great giveaway. :)

I thought if you didnt put in any rules it WAS a free for all?

oh well, I got so much shit from past giveaways Ive long stopped caring

Maniac

Banned
Maniac mentioned that some of the mods he's been using got pulled and transitioned to the new subscription model. Even if this sort of thing weren't automated on Valve's end, it would be trivially easy to remove an existing mod and add a "new" one (the same one) with a subscription cost.

I mean if you still have the files saved that's one thing, but I think the Skyrim launcher will look at your existing workshop subscriptions and (maybe?) even delete the ones you're no longer subscribed to.

Bingo.

We're also seeing stuff that's discontinued and unsupported pop back up with paid versions whilst the free are left broken, despite the fact that it directly affects someones' enjoyment if they have a save with the mod installed already.

It's quite a douchey thing.
I was going to reply and then Stump stepped in.

And correct me if I'm wrong but has anyone explicitly stated that if you've already downloaded and used a mod you'll have to pay to keep using it? I thought this was for future downloads and updates.

You can't change a previously uploaded mod to be a paid mod. Seems like a fair bit are simply removing the old ones and only implementing paid ones.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.5. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added player data from steamspy.com to app pages (thanks galyonkin!)
  • Added support for Coinbase.io and Funstock Digital to price comparisons
  • Added support for setting custom profile themes
  • Added Purple, Yellow, Red, Green, Pink, Orange, and Teal profile themes by Teliko
  • Added Clear profile theme
  • Fixed an issue with price data not being in the correct denomination due to a change made by Valve
  • Fixed a bug that caused the achievement sorting function not to work correctly
  • Updated the Enhanced Steam Supporter section on supporter's profile pages to the latest visual style
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. For information regarding Firefox, please read this announcement.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

titch

overall the design of mass effect as a series is fantastic and in no small part that's thanks to the confident writing of me1 and how good bioware was in me1 and 2 to make you feel like you were as much of a badass as shepard was supposed to be

Did it really go THAT bad in 3 - no need to elaborate really i will play it and find out for myself lol

its seems to have gone from 14602 to 14604. weird for sure

Now you point it out - weird.

Rhaknar

not gonna lie was hoping for $15

I was gonna say its 5€ too much

but its actually 10€ too much

also sorry for the dupes, but I did have the disclaimer for a reason. it was just bundle spring cleaning, and I guess I forgot to check the little "used key" box on groupees a few times.

Salsa

wow what the fuck???

l7ChVFP.png

and they charged my card

didnt wanna use paypal to check if I had enough on the CC

holy crap this is shitty

Did it really go THAT bad in 3 - no need to elaborate really i will play it and find out for myself lol

Ending aside, it's not that bad. It has a lot of great moments.
Make sure you check out the dlc, with the exception of Omega they're great. Leviathan is crucial to the story, it's a travesty that such important content isn't in the main game.
Citadel is one of the best pieces of SP dlc ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom