• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
$60 for base game
$20 for DLC
$30 for mod packs.

PC gaming just got super fun!

Seriously though, I just saw a mod pack for Skyrim for $30!!!! Good grief, it's only been live for a few hours and already this is out of control.

It should be the following
2$ usd for the crappy base game
1.5$ usd for the meh DLC.
30$ for the mods that make the game actually good and enjoyable to play.

In the specific case of Skyrim, of course.

Maniac

Banned
Yes, I imagine that's the case. But...that's still a huge chunk of the pie. Giving the modder 25%...I've heard of pimps who were more generous.

Dunno about other countries, but here it's usually 50-50. YMMV.
Valve isn't take 75%. The 75% is divided between Valve and the Publisher.

Yup. 50% Beth, 25% Valve. I assume Valve will forego parts of their 25% for the communities that creators may wish to support with their items much like with the TF2, Dota 2 and CSGO stuff. (Like 5 of their 25% to Polycount, ZBrush, etc)
He is not only a mod but an admin.

He has to be a good example for the community.

:p
Straight from the left field. From the past media I was underwhelmed.

But this looks actually pretty awesome!

Here some really cool parts.

It's gif and 65MB. We live in 2015. If you have bandwidth problems, you have images disables already ;)
Stump really does set a good example? Nice, glad to hear it.

And man, I was totally caught by surprise aswell. Last I saw the Mad Max game I didn't care much. Now...? I really, really care. Also sounds like they got an aussie VA afterall.

$60 for base game
$20 for DLC
$30 for mod packs.

PC gaming just got super fun!

Seriously though, I just saw a mod pack for Skyrim for $30!!!! Good grief, it's only been live for a few hours and already this is out of control.

Lol.
One does not simply use one mod. A mod requires another mod to run properly, and that particular mod is also attached to another mod. In the end people will pay more for mods than the game.
Nexus modders will also be like, fuck nexus.

I was gonna say its 5€ too much

but its actually 10€ too much

BHbnja3.gif

Maniac

Banned
I am? awww, thanks :)

but yeah - I posted the link to the Canabalt store page earlier today :)

You're cool in my books too! And totally not on my ignore list! Nuh-uh!
It should be the following
2$ usd for the crappy base game
1.5$ usd for the meh DLC.
30$ for the mods that make the game actually good and enjoyable to play.

In the specific case of Skyrim, of course.

I've gone through my mods, and there are already $10 worth of mods that don't have free versions anymore.

Now, I know Bethesda changed things up a bit so their own launcher isn't responsible for downloading subscribed mods... So I can't tell whether or not I'll lose, or already have lost, the ones I already have (had?) installed... With the old launcher, it'd delete all unsubscribed mods, even if it was because their page had been removed.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Kingdom Rush -- MB-A1AEB00C4EC4B049 - Taken by madjoki
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-018D8387BD422EA9 - Taken by lindarasta
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-B2926D274D7896A9 - Taken by Couchaddict
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-122E552011414DE1 - Taken by 7Sins
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship -- MB-45F0E9050A77A4AB - Taken by Majukun
The Fall -- MB-2CD9FE85FF906D66 - Taken by eyeless
SpeedRunners -- MB-385E25D90903CE7F - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Salsa

beat Mom on my third Rebirth run

it's isaac alright. loving the new stuff but it feels very familar, instincts kicked in fast

Been a while since I've given back, here's some spares.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021327.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MarcoZombieCannon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-C1DDEA7E07D6B33E - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-DE71715800492C18 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mass Effect 2 -- MB-E8ACDF1C34D2395B - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 12 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-3947484079F47DF7 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-FCF440AFA3DB3949
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-94374528ECB31393
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-21C434E9E9648453 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-3ED95670289613AC - Taken by Catshade. 5 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-554074A2C29CC161 - Taken by LuuKyK. 2 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-A53622169380274B - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-C049FE7339194561 - Taken by Jawmuncher - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.

t1429846773z1.png

Salsa

I just realized something funny

I tried to buy a game on the web store while having Steam open, so I had the library in the client on another monitor

I didnt have enough funds so it didnt go through

but while the transaction is processing they actually add the game to your games grid for a few seconds before it gets rejected

never noticed it before

zkylon

zkylewd
I just realized something funny

I tried to buy a game on the web store while having Steam open, so I had the library in the client on another monitor

I didnt have enough funds so it didnt go through

but while the transaction is processing they actually add the game to your games grid for a few seconds before it gets rejected

never noticed it before

i hear when you buy a furry nude mod for skyrim you get to see furry nude sex for a second before it gets rejected

Maniac

Banned
I have no doubts that the game will run just fine on 4GB ram though :)

A minimum of 6 basically ensures a rig with 4 can run it. As long as the Windows copy is relatively optimised and no demanding programs are running.

Dat overhead, yo.

I'm quite interested in seeing what the very max settings will require, though. If it's receiving the whole GameWorks package (again), that'd likely take an incredibly beefy rig to run at ultra at 1080 or 1440p.

Let's all forget about 4K on this one, though. :p

A minimum of 6 basically ensures a rig with 4 can run it. As long as the Windows copy is relatively optimised and no demanding programs are running.

Dat overhead, yo.

I'm quite interested in seeing what the very max settings will require, though. If it's receiving the whole GameWorks package (again), that'd likely take an incredibly beefy rig to run at ultra at 1080 or 1440p.

Let's all forget about 4K on this one, though. :p

Not full pacakage + again, since the for the first time, NVidia will release FaceWorks in any game or engine (even UE4 still doesn't have FaceWorks yet), also features like Volumetric lights and Rain Effects weren't available in the previous titles via GameWorks. That is why I said GameWorks are now extended.

And yes, let's forget about 4K.

Batman: Arkham Knight PC System Requirements Reveal Minimum RAM is 6GB : http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-pc-system-requirements-reveal/1100-6426830/

If you want the NVidia GameWorks (which seem extended this time), you will surely need a very hefty rig.
Not really about Batman but every time I see an article saying that minimum specs are pretty hefty I can only think of one thing.

Pubs invest lots of money on games. Millions of Dollars. They do it for one thing. Money. Not for technological advancement. Not for producing the most cutting edge tech. Not for having best looking game out there.

Many times they advertise their games with those points. Sometimes they even end up doing those things.

But the goal is money. And the more copies you sell, the more money you make.

No matter how much promotional material shows ultra-über graphic settings, the game has to be played by as many people as possible, so that people actually shell out for it.

I am always surprised to see what average hardware on Steam HW surveys actually are. We are talking about 8-core CPUs later this year when in reality the majority of gamers still use dual-cores.

I'm pretty sure pubs do take such statistics into account when making games. Or rather financing ;)

At some points there are faster advancements like the arrival of a new console generation but I don't think hardware will get rendered unplayable as fast as some imagine in those min-req-threads.

Not really about Batman but every time I see an article saying that minimum specs are pretty hefty I can only think of one thing.

Pubs invest lots of money on games. Millions of Dollars. They do it for one thing. Money. Not for technological advancement. Not for producing the most cutting edge tech. Not for having best looking game out there.

Many times they advertise their games with those points. Sometimes they even end up doing those things.

But the goal is money. And the more copies you sell, the more money you make.

No matter how much promotional material shows ultra-über graphic settings, the game has to be played by as many people as possible, so that people actually shell out for it.

I am always surprised to see what average hardware on Steam HW surveys actually are. We are talking about 8-core CPUs later this year when in reality the majority of gamers still use dual-cores.

I'm pretty sure pubs do take such statistics into account when making games. Or rather financing ;)

At some points there are faster advancements like the arrival of a new console generation but I don't think hardware will get rendered unplayable as fast as some imagine in those min-req-threads.

That is true. But they also have agreements and contracts with certain PC parts manufacturer and the games they make are to promote products from those companies too. You have the logo of the different companies at the start of many games: best played with... etc.

Salsa

no email from bundlestars

4 hours later and nada

manual authorization my butt

I even only wanted The Fall, it's the only one I dont own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom