• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

That paid Skyrim mod really left a bad taste in my mouth. Less about modder got money from it, more about Bethesda/Valve got cut of it. Donate through Steam Wallet would be the best solution I think.
I foresee a bigger problem ahead. Valve just lost a chunk of goodwill point.

I hope they remember that "piracy is a service problem".

I tried the demo for Not A Hero and I really liked it...I also now want all trees to be like this

iiIFAOmQaIh47.png

Kanokare

The actual key might very well be region free but it seems they introduced a new lock(your paypal account has to be from the authorised regions)

So cheap things from Nuuvem might very well be half dead(the ones that needed a VPN to buy, that is)

Aw :( Welp, I said f it and bought my friend a copy on Steam. Steam wins. Fatality.

Anteater

i mean it's purposely ugly i guess

coolest main menu evar tho!

I like the art and the concept of it, I like what they're going for, it's just technically very ugly, like they try to go for that youtube video compression look and I think it end up making it look better but still, everything are just bad looking at every corner, like you have to squint your eyes to make it look the way they attempted to kind of deal lol.

The technical issues with characters getting stuck and teleporting for a split second and some janky animations didn't really help either.

Yeah the main menu is really cool, and I think I'm warming up to the pretty bad shooting parts.

I... I bought GTAV you guys. On Steam. I'm weak.
It's probably SalsaShark's fault for all his GTA5 spamming.

I'll see y'all next year when it's finished downloading.

Vlad

yeah played 2 runs of Rebirth and I already regret waiting this long

soundtrack seems way worse tho. dannyB 4 lyfe

Yeah, the soundtrack's pretty awful. I kept waiting to unlock some secret "original soundtrack" feature, but alas, no such thing exists.

Anteater

That paid Skyrim mod really left a bad taste in my mouth. Less about modder got money from it, more about Bethesda/Valve got cut of it. Donate through Steam Wallet would be the best solution I think.
I foresee a bigger problem ahead. Valve just lost a chunk of goodwill point.

I hope they remember that "piracy is a service problem".

They even list region locking as one of the "service problems".

In general, we think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem. For example, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable. Most DRM solutions diminish the value of the product by either directly restricting a customers use or by creating uncertainty.

I don't really have any opinion about paid mods however, just wanted to post that and whine about region locking.

I am disappointed in you.

Into the gloom keys added to IndieGala Greenlight Bundle 4
It's only 3% away from being the perfect game. I need to do what I can to drag it down, and that necessitates playing it. We've gotta have the long view about this stuff, ignoring petty obstacles.

At least it will be better than thi4f.

Only took me a day to download it, you'll be fine
Lurking GAF to pass the time takes a certain toll on my connection, unfortunately.

MUnited83

For you.
... and it only costs $9.99 to get that mod
(sorry, I had to :p)

Well, to do it legitemately you will need to buy the original soundtrack in the first place.

Also question: Why the hell are people only picking up Rebirth now? It's literally the same price it was on preorder and release! :p

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the art and the concept of it, I like what they're going for, it's just technically very ugly, like they try to go for that youtube video compression look and I think it end up making it look better but still, everything are just bad looking at every corner, like you have to squint your eyes to make it look the way they attempted to kind of deal lol.

The technical issues with characters getting stuck and teleporting for a split second and some janky animations didn't really help either.

Yeah the main menu is really cool, and I think I'm warming up to the pretty bad shooting parts.
well i've gone on record to say i believe it's purposely boring to play too heh

it's been kind of like the shooter version of drakengard for me, a very boring and unpleasant game to play that feels that it tries its hardest to make you not like it

there was a cool play with your expectations of a romanticized heist movie thing and you actually get a more realistic "these guys are just a couple of cold-as-fuck good for nothing old psychos". how the game had that kind of deadpan style of people falling down to your bullets with barely any satisfying feedback is something that reminds me of drakengard's braindead button mashing, you're just an unsensitive mess of a thing by the end of it

no excuses for the jankiness and bugs tho, and tbh i also get the impression they were actually trying to make kind of a fun blockbuster kind of game at the same time which backfired pretty bad with how shit it actually feels to play

i would go for a more focused k&l3 that doubles down on the weirdness and drakengardness tho, if it ever happens

LuuKyK

God, I really forgot how much time I waste making these characters whenever there is character customization in games.

Its like a game in itself for me. lol Worst thing is, in this case (Mass Effect 2), and in many others honestly, no matter how much time I waste creating it, the character somehow always ends up looking kinda derpy in game from some angle and that bothers me SO MUCH that I force myself to do it all again.

Its an endless cycle and I need help because it happens too frequently in my gaming life. D:

Dr.Acula

Banned
Really poisoning the well here. If I were a Skyrim modder I would have to take a long hard look and think about charging, which kinda ruins it.

Plus some of the conflicts and load orders are non-trivial to get around. There is basically zero QA with these mods, and they can absolutely break shit with the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
that 75% thing is so fucking rotten

makes absolutely no sense

take the love and care people put into making games more of what they themselves could be, put that behind a paywall, screw the people that actually did any work by splitting most of the money between the people that didn't do anything and then spin it to make it so you can "support the modding community"

holy shit that's so bad valve, how do you not realize it

Khronico

This whole paid mod thing is a total mess =|

-----

Idk why but Dead Space 2 is way more scary for me so far than 1 was. I played through all of 1 and didn't really find it very scary, yet 2 is getting me so stressed out I have to take a break.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-075EEE3D550E50D0 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

Backlogger

Wow, when I first heard about the paid mods I didn't see a problem with it but the break down of who get what seems really bad. Should be 50% dev, 25 valve and 25 publisher.

I'm still not against paid mods but geez that just seems wacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom