• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

As someone who made a shitload of mods and kits for PES back in the day I'm kind of a foot in various camps but come on guys there's one burning question we should all be asking here. Will paid Mods count as +1's? Right?

The current situation looks so bad I don't think even a HL3 announcement right now would suppress it. GG Valve.

Can't remember seeing an outrage this huge to anything they've done in a long time. Over the years they've pissed away any remaining goodwill they garnered.

dex3108

Well when I said here or another forum (I really don't remember) that I don't like where Valve is going and that Steam future could be dark I was told that I am wrong.

No matter how much Valve is talking about giving stuff for free (source sengine, VR tech...) they only care about money last couple of years. Every move they made with Steam last couple of years was to make sure they will earn more mony with less work.

Sajjaja

The current situation looks so bad I don't think even a HL3 announcement right now would suppress it. GG Valve.

Can't remember seeing an outrage this huge to anything they've done in a long time. Over the years they've pissed away any remaining goodwill they garnered.

Imagine the mod support for HL3 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The outrage
icon_rolleyes.gif

Guide to anything Steam related change

1. Post something about Valve and money
2. Post something about good will
3. Post something about no games
4. Something something monopoly paid online
5. Jump to Uplay / Origin / GoG / other alternative *
6. ????
7. * actually forget about it in around a week, continue as normal and rinse and repeat whenever the next change happens

It's OK Steam Customer Support will improve soon, with their new 'Pay What You Want' method of service and satisfaction. You want good customer service? $100. You want your standard Steam Response of 2 week turn around on emails? $10.

well you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain :3

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm pretty sure they're gonna make people pay for guides next ... mark my words

i mean saoirse is already paying for prima guides

The outrage
icon_rolleyes.gif

Guide to anything Steam related change

1. Post something about Valve and money
2. Post something about good will
3. Post something about no games
4. Something something monopoly paid online
5. Jump to Uplay / Origin / GoG / other alternative *
6. ????
7. * actually forget about it in around a week, continue as normal and rinse and repeat whenever the next change happens
i mean, you'd rather there was no backlash?

zychi

Banned
Valve must realize that games like fallout 4 and skyrim will just be pirated and use other means to mod the game, right? They cant be that dense?

Arthea

RIP mods
1999-2015

I'm so going to buy and play Koi-Koi

14€ for FF4: the after years?! That's not funny SE. I'm going to $5 it because it has cards and cheevos, but it would be nice if you concentrated on giving us what we want, like FF5-6, for example?

Let's start adding all of our Steam games to Origin, enough of this Valve/Steam tomfoolery, who's with me? *crickets*

I'll wait for Galaxy
for 20 years or so (><)
and will add all steam games there. Who's with me?

Dr Dogg

I know the seeds of desertion are creeping in to some of you but Uplay is just a massive pain in the arse trying to restore backed up content. I'm currently sat with 70gb's worth of Far Cry 4 on one hard drive trying to get it to register that it's bloody installed. I want it done so I can clear some space for May and June madness.

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe that's valve's ultimate goal

to test how far saoirse will go

if saoirse is collecting dlc let's start selling mods

if saoirse is collecting mods let's start selling manuals

it's the ultimate battle of strengths

or some shit

Valve must realize that games like fallout 4 and skyrim will just be pirated and use other means to mod the game, right? They cant be that dense?

i don't think piracy will be really a part of the equation considering a shit ton of people pirate skyrim and friends already

I know the seeds of desertion are creeping in to some of you but Uplay is just a massive pain in the arse trying to restore backed up content. I'm currently sat with 70gb's worth of Far Cry 4 on one hard drive trying to get it to register that it's bloody installed. I want it done so I can clear some space for May and June madness.
oh yeah uplay's absolutely terrible

i do like origin tho

pretty clean and fast

i mean, you'd rather there was no backlash?

I mean the backlashes are pretty friggin' dumb when there's near zero constructive criticism and from those actually constructive ones most is based on speculation.

Fear mongering and cheap shots about things you don't like is not constructive criticism. If you are a mod creator or a content creator and have valid points about X, I think that is super awesome. If you are hardcore mod user who has ideas outside of "this sux" or "valve bla bla", that's even more awesome.

If you are a mod/content creator who wants to make money and you are disappointed that you will get 25% of whatever you made for a proprietary product instead of 100% well then I think you are shit out of luck. If you are a mod user that's pissed that there can now be mods that you want but don't want to pay for, then :rolleyes:.

Also, there's this but who cares

usQxVrA.png

I like that people are passionate about things, but it's usually only passion towards complaining about the negatives.

yuraya

Maybe we should move to Origin and Uplay ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

unfortunately we're kind of screwed at this point

imagine a world in which ea and ubi weren't so shit as to actually try to compete with steam rather than just steal sales from them

Let's start adding all of our Steam games to Origin, enough of this Valve/Steam tomfoolery, who's with me? *crickets*

Origin is dead. and you can make an argument that Uplay was never alive to begin with.

There may be a new savior however. Something very special brewing for PC gamers. We may not have to wait long either.

Could it be?

Windows-10.png

The hero we deserve.

Arthea

Origin is dead. and you can make an argument that Uplay was never alive to begin with.

There may be a new savior however. Something very special brewing for PC gamers. We may not have to wait long either.

Could it be?

http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Windows-10.png[/IMG

The hero we deserve.[/QUOTE]

That's a very dangerous joke, you know that, don't you? (><)

Phinor

Anyone played Kaiju-A-GoGo yet? I was a backer on their first Kickstarter attempt which failed but now that the game is here, I'm not sure about it. Same happened with Citizen of Earth, which I still haven't bought and probably won't.

PARANO1A

I'm so good to you, SteamGAF. The Fall is fantastic if you haven't played it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SteamWorld Dig -- MB-312D76C0DBEE274B - Taken by Sajjaja
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-E43F0507F3B88F20 - Taken by texhnolyze
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-C06A2C30EB9D5C6A - Taken by gurm3n
The Fall -- MB-E0C5FD0FD500E4FC - Taken by Servizio
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship -- MB-878D6A1F0998C6C5 - Taken by nightstorm
SpeedRunners -- MB-D69F92BCBF21796C - Taken by anastef

PARANO1A

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Primal Carnage -- MB-8FD11B01941024E0 - Taken by tioslash. 5 entrants total.
God Mode -- MB-A0BFBB866ADBCFBA - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Boid -- MB-39A0C6A413F4EC11 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.

t1429877674z1.png

A few more freebies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
maybe that's valve's ultimate goal

to test how far saoirse will go

if saoirse is collecting dlc let's start selling mods

if saoirse is collecting mods let's start selling manuals

I wish Steam still had Prima guides.

So I started The Witcher 2 and holy fuck is the tutorial terrible. Throws shit in your face way too fast and expects you to grok it after looking at one screen's worth of information, sometimes presenting multiple screens back to back. Maybe it would be slightly better with a controller, IDK.

Does the main game itself introduce things any slower? Cause damn. Probably gonna watch a bit of a let's play now to see if that helps me understand any better. Read the manual too.

Lol, at first there wasn't even a tutorial to begin with and the game was way harder to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom