• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Welp I got Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein:TNO with the expansion so I can start out this series. Friend says I need 2009 but it seems like it got delisted?

Lain

Can't wait! Going next Saturday morning.

Man, this Nuuvem deal for Arkham Knight is really tempting. Someone talk me out of it. I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered a game or bought a new game at release for that matter.

B2sNrSX.gif

Don't you wanna be the battest day 1?

Vibranium

Banned
The biggest problem is that Valve just sort of unleashed this Pandora's box into the world and seem to be expecting it to regulate itself, which is simply not completely possible. And they obviously don't have the capability or desire to curate it themselves, like they do with Dota/TF2/CS:GO cosmetics.

Valve doesn't seem to care so long as they get your money, washing itself of obligations while plunging the modding community into ethical and legal grey water.

It's extraordinairly disturbing to say the least. As an idea, it's maybe not horrible and possibly a good thing in some cases, but the initial implementation has been so atrocious that it has forever sullied the concept in the minds of many.

*In response to the the Garry's Mod post.

They dump stuff and then make small fixes whenever they can. If someone like Angry Joe got Gabe in an interview they need to hammer him on everything from communication to Greenlight.

Anyways... I like video games you guys. Batman is looking pretty good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp I got Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein:TNO with the expansion so I can start out this series. Friend says I need 2009 but it seems like it got delisted?

Acti owns the game and Bethesda doesn't want to pay up, which is interesting when you consider that, contrary to what I initially thought, Quake 4 and Quake Wars have always been owned by id despite Acti's involvement. It goes without saying that id wouldn't have agreed to Zenimax's buyout offer if it didn't need the influx of cash, so perhaps Wolf09 is the exception because id couldn't afford to at fund it, at least in part, and Rage.

Speaking of Quake Wars, I wish Bethesda would put it back up or at least have Valve whitelist retail keys.

Edit: Oh, wait, id owns Wolf09 as well. Bethesda is just... lazy.
wolf09u9ufd.jpg

dex3108

Nuuvem has the game available for international buyers (doesn't need a VPN to add to cart). Which means that, even if the game gets region locked, Nuuvem will give you a refund without any issues.

I don't think that they will do refunds after keys are distributed. I haven't seen any DD service that does that. And they are not obligated to do refunds simply because you need to accept TOS when you are registering on Nuuvem and in TOS they said that you are confirming you are resident of country located in South America.

JaseC

Fuck Bethesda / Zenimax for Wolf 2009 apathy and this week's debacle. I'm bitter when that's the only stupid one you can't get on Steam.

I e-mailed a few Bethesda higher-ups about Quake Wars and was ignored. That was about a year ago now and obviously nothing came of it, so at this point I'll be shocked if Bethesda ever makes the effort to bring Quake Wars and Wolf09 back.

If someone like Angry Joe got Gabe in an interview they need to hammer him on everything from communication to Greenlight.

Haha, right. The moment they get face to face he'd turn into a lamb. Not even John Walker who made the infamous Molyneux interview would pull that with Gabe.

Grayson once decided to press them on their communication and it amounted to nothing, but annoyed people.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't think that they will do refunds after keys are distributed. I haven't seen any DD service that does that. And they are not obligated to do refunds simply because you need to accept TOS when you are registering on Nuuvem and in TOS they said that you are confirming you are resident of country located in South America.

Regions locks will known before release, so the keys would even necessarily be distributed. They will do refunds because as it is the purchases are opened to international buyers directly. There have been cases of things like this before and Nuuvem made it right to their customers.

Dr Dogg

Left TESO downloading overnight, wake up to see it still needs a day and 7 hours to finish. Urghhhh well fuck this I guess I'll just finish of Wolf TNO (and yes shackles when I'm done I'll pop over my The Old Blood recommendation).

Shadownet

Banned
I'd guess it's good until release as there's no countdown timer as there usually is, and, yes, the game is Steamworks.

Thank you based Nuuvem. You're certainly upholding the Russian legacy. Btw it seems like many traders are still active. Where are they getting their games from, since Russia went down?

JaseC

Thank you based Nuuvem. You're certainly upholding the Russian legacy. Btw it seems like many traders are still active. Where are they getting their games from, since Russia went down?

You'll notice that people selling new games on the cheap are selling region-locked copies (this is the only region-free copy of Arkham Knight on TF2 Outpost, for example). There's still some value in cross-region trading as the rest of Central/South America can benefit from Brazil's cheaper prices and similarly CIS territories can benefit from Russia's generally cheaper prices (and vice-versa in the rare cases where the RUB price is higher than the CIS-specific USD price).

titch

It's April 25 and I'm now 25 years-old. :eek:

I'm getting old.. When will the scientists invent this?

HBDY!!!!

I e-mailed a few Bethesda higher-ups about Quake Wars and was ignored. That was about a year ago now and obviously nothing came of it, so at this point I'll be shocked if Bethesda ever makes the effort to bring Quake Wars and Wolf09 back.

Bit ignorant - how hard would it to be to say sorry we have no plans to do this at the moment.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Left TESO downloading overnight, wake up to see it still needs a day and 7 hours to finish. Urghhhh well fuck this I guess I'll just finish of Wolf TNO (and yes shackles when I'm done I'll pop over my The Old Blood recommendation).

I guess I'll try to keep with good posting etiquette as described in this month's OP

• Do show the rest of the world your dominance when some mistaken urchin posts their 2800 baud modem-level speedtests.

and say that I was able to download the client and all the patches in about an hour and a half. Either way, now I'm going feel bad if you end up not liking it.

Zeknurn

You ask them to release Wolf: ET on Steam too. That will get their attention since they obviously know what a masterpiece that game is.

Arthea

I remember getting e-mail about galaxy testing, but nothing after. I haven't got into snow beta even if that was guaranteed. What's next? sun doesn't show up in the morning?

Thanks everyone. :D

So, my birthday gift has finally arrived..
Now where's my game, SE? Don't you dare cancel Lightning Returns on Steam. :(

Well, that I call dedication, you can sue SE if they cancel LR now, you have a right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom