• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Thanks everyone. :D

So, my birthday gift has finally arrived..
Now where's my game, SE? Don't you dare cancel Lightning Returns on Steam. :(

BfmwMup.jpg

I take back the happy birthday

yuraya

good to know you don't want FF15, FF0, etc. on PC.

These are console ports SE releasing, what do you people expect? I sometimes wonder.

Square used to stand for perfection and sheer quality. Nowadays people are praying they don't botch port jobs lol. How times have changed :p

It's April 25 and I'm now 25 years-old. :eek:

I'm getting old.. When will the scientists invent this?

Happy Birthday! :D

Salsa

NecroDancer is great but Isaac is still Isaac and amazing so it's hard to stop playing

also since NecroDancer kinda requires you to listen to the music Isaac still remains the king podcast game

even better with Rebirth since they made the soundtrack way worse

good to know you don't want FF15, FF0, etc. on PC.

These are console ports SE releasing, what do you people expect? I sometimes wonder.

Are you fucking serious? Is my sarcasm detector broken or something?
What do I want? How about a fucking playable frame-rate? How dare I demand something like that for a game I paid for?
Do I want XV? Well, if it's going to run like shit it might as well stay on consoles.
Holy shit.

Hey, let's buy shitty ports to support future releases that might also be shitty ports because hey, we buy them anyway.
I mean, poor SE, can't expect decent frame-rates because you know, console ports.
LOL

Performance in Elder Scrolls Online is weird. At 1440P I get around 60-65 FPS in the area I'm at and at 4K I get.......50-55. I feel like it should be a bigger drop.

Game is still really good looking for an mmo though, it's not Secret World and the textures are poor but there's a lot of great art and colorful environments. Some great atmosphere as well and nice fog.

Edit: Link to another neogaffer's post with screenshots. Just a great look to the game.

Arthea

Are you fucking serious? Is my sarcasm detector broken or something?
What do I want? How about a fucking playable frame-rate? How dare I demand something like that for a game I paid for?
Do I want XV? Well, if it's going to run like shit it might as well stay on consoles.
Holy shit.

Hey, let's buy shitty ports to support future releases that might also be shitty ports because hey, we buy them anyway.
I mean, poor SE, can't expect decent frame-rates because you know, console ports.
LOL

Well, I haven't played 13-2 on PC yet, so maybe I'm completely wrong, but I've played 13, and even if I couldn't get stable fps, I got variable 30-60, it is perfectly playable. So yeah, I was serious. I don't expect SE to go out of their way with those ports, at least not modern SE. Isn't FF4 15fps? We buy it and some even play it. It sucks? yes, but I don't see how not having those games at all is better than having halfassed ports, really, I don't understand this logic.
Now demanding that SE put more work in those, I totally agree with, but not outright boycott.

Square used to stand for perfection and sheer quality. Nowadays people are praying they don't botch port jobs lol. How times have changed :p

It is better to leave past in the past, no? ;)

I'd expect them to be on the level of other console ports. They're not.

like Deadly Premonition?
you asked for it (><)

Saty

Valve just don't care anymore. Zero foresight, zero willingness to think stuff through and do the hard work, releasing at weekend so they have an excuse why they aren't responding or explaining themselves..

Shadownet

Banned
You'll notice that people selling new games on the cheap are selling region-locked copies (this is the only region-free copy of Arkham Knight on TF2 Outpost, for example). There's still some value in cross-region trading as the rest of Central/South America can benefit from Brazil's cheaper prices and similarly CIS territories can benefit from Russia's generally cheaper prices (and vice-versa in the rare cases where the RUB price is higher than the CIS-specific USD price).
Oh so since all the traders are trading region locked games. You Aussie and us Americans can't really do business with them anymore eh?

Arthea

Something something NecroDancer. Something something Isaac. Something something GTAV. Something something 3DS.

Sansa in the nutshell?

yeah im not giving any money for a half assed port, square enix can forget it

is ff3 at least decent?

but you see, halfassed ports still can be fixed and maybe SE will finally learn to make better ports, if we don't buy them, we'll have nothing, bad or good.

FF3 is 30 fps, comparing to FF4 it's decent, unless SE fixed FF4 too, there was some talk about the patch, I'm not sure.

How about that Baby Park MK8 dlc eh?

I've actually finished quite a few backlog games in the past few weeks. Sleeping Dogs DE, Gunpoint, and Dragonfall Director's Cut. Also finished Lakeview Cabin Episode 1 and Westeraldo multiple times which I'd just bought. Getting better about actually playing games!

Edit: Weeks, not week

Zeknurn

That was on the cards at some point, but needless to say id changed its mind, perhaps out of concern that it would eat Quake Wars' lunch.

Edit: Hfuahfusahfuhsoa

Yeah, there were rumours that they were going to give it the Quake Live treatment but I guess they canned it when they saw how poor Quake Live performed.

It kinda doesn't matter now since we got DirtyBomb, but I still like to go back for some games from time to time and having it on Steam would simplify the install process.

Arthea

waitforsummersale.jpg

edited: Risen 3 still doesn't have any kind of package with all dlc included, does it? Sacred 3 too? It would be nice if they made those till summer sale.

XIII is mostly fine after the patch.
I stopped playing XIII-2 at Augusta Tower because I couldn't get the fps to go above 20 (at 1080p on a R9 280X).
XIII is playable for me even when downsampling from 4k.

I see, well hopefully SE will release 13-2 patch with LR, they patched 13 with release of 13-2 after all.

Well, I haven't played 13-2 on PC yet, so maybe I'm completely wrong, but I've played 13, and even if I couldn't get stable fps, I got variable 30-60, it is perfectly playable. So yeah, I was serious. I don't expect SE to go out of their way with those ports, at least not modern SE. Isn't FF4 15fps? We buy it and some even play it. It sucks? yes, but I don't see how not having those games at all is better than having halfassed ports, really, I don't understand this logic.
Now demanding that SE put more work in those, I totally agree with, but not outright boycott.

XIII is mostly fine after the patch.
I stopped playing XIII-2 at Augusta Tower because I couldn't get the fps to go above 20 (at 1080p on a R9 280X).
XIII is playable for me even when downsampling from 4k.

Salsa

It always drops to that price. I really want to play it, but I keep wanting it to get bundled up so I can get it cheaper. Steam/indie bundles have ruined me.

I had it on release and was loving it and something else came out

need to finish it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems Nuuvem's doing its best to clamp down on unauthorised purchases:

<snipped because it's old news> It's also grown wise to the use of VPNs as:

1) If log in before using FlyVPN and then attempt to add something to my cart, I'm instantly told that the purchase "may not be completed", and
2) If I attempt to log in after connecting to FlyVPN, the login page instead loads a fake 404 error (which I confirmed by, in the space of about a minute: refreshing the page while on my usual IP, refreshing it again while connected to one of FlyVPN's servers in Brazil, and then immediately refreshing it after I had disconnected)

Logging in and then activating Hola got around the fake 404 for the last few things that needed a vpn. Although the paypal restriction must be new?

Bummer, absolute end of an era I guess soon. Doubt big games like MKX and AK will remain region free for long.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Restaurant Empire II -- MB-7616C41234C87ACF - Taken by rainking187
Eleusis -- MB-62033647F113455A - Taken by Chreznor
Rush Bros. -- MB-655B5AF869764D17 - Taken by texhnolyze
Plazma Being -- MB-77716894F2EFDF07 - Taken by Loptous
Seven Kingdoms 2 HD -- MB-0479D65E94E322C8 - Taken by didamangi
Trauma -- MB-D4DBF6C3FAE99AA3 - Taken by Diedac
Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-6722DC8DE8316F05 - Taken by Tesseract

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Logging in and then activating Hola got around the fake 404 for the last few things that needed a vpn. Although the paypal restriction must be new?

Are you still able to check out using Hola? As in, does it still work at this point in time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom