• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
More stuff to clean

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BronzeWolf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-198A2EDA50421B54 - Taken by Majukun
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-5520593320A2EA84 - Taken by Rafy
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-15807D38B8C59AA9 - Taken by titch
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-6ACF69E265777B3A - Taken by Nyteshade517
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-CD9015322C99BD50 - Taken by 7Sins
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-907805026BCD7E33 - Taken by thesaucetastic

Ban Puncher

Where/how did you see Avengers 2? I thought it releases May 1. Did it come out earlier outside of North America or something?

In Australia, Marvel films come out early and our Amiibos are plentiful and available in all stores with no 'retailer exclusive' barriers.

Suck it, Freedom Land.

Uzzy

In Australia, Marvel films come out early and our Amiibos are plentiful and available in all stores with no 'retailer exclusive' barriers.

Suck it, Freedom Land.

Yeah, but you're all spiders or about to be killed by spiders. Also you're annoyingly good at cricket.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Messiah, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Messiah, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crypt of the Necrodancer -- MB-E59564ACE8BF4A0B - Taken by tioslash. 87 entrants total.

t1429974156z1.png

xezuru

I didn't know Crypt of the Necrodancer picked up a Metal and other variations of the playable soundtrack, that's pretty slick.

It's April 25 and I'm now 25 years-old. :eek:

I'm getting old.. When will the scientists invent this?
Happy birthday buddy!
Hope you'll have a better day than I am. It's raining and got cold :c
Thanks everyone. :D

So, my birthday gift has finally arrived..
Now where's my game, SE? Don't you dare cancel Lightning Returns on Steam. :(
You reminded me of Drive for a moment.
Nice colors.
Looks like the web-store page. I am looking forward to GOG Galaxy.
Wonder what community features they will implement.
It seems Nuuvem's doing its best to clamp down on unauthorised purchases:
:(

Uzzy

MCU Spiderman should just be an Australian who is good around arachnids and wears a balaclava knitted by his nan.

Russell Crowe for Spiderman.

Spiders are our bros. If you play Dark Souls with an Australian IP they don't attack you.

Pro-spider propaganda, hmm.. is there a spider behind you right now JaseC, forcing you to write this? Or are you actually a spider yourself?

What a disappointment.

I got myself two powerline adapters instead of a WLAN-PCI-e card.

My laptop gets the full 50Mbits down speed but on the powerline I got crippled to 10Mbits.

This is absolutely not what I expected :(

Gonna have to buy an internal WLAN card it seems.

Aaron D.

OpQ8BUH.jpg

Ever see a title show up on your favorite storefront that you had no idea was in development or being released? Yet .5 seconds after seeing the banner you find yourself pressing the Buy Now button?

Yeah, that just happened.

Currently $12.49 (-38%) on GamesRocket.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What a disappointment.

I got myself two powerline adapters instead of a WLAN-PCI-e card.

My laptop gets the full 50Mbits down speed but on the powerline I got crippled to 10Mbits.

This is absolutely not what I expected :(

Gonna have to buy an internal WLAN card it seems.

Yeah, EOP can be a bit of a gamble if you live in an older establishment or are otherwise at risk of poor wiring.

Yeah, EOP can be a bit of a gamble if you live in an older establishment or are otherwise at risk of poor wiring.
35€ down the drain. Ahhh...

Hope my old PCI b/g internal WLAN card will perform better at least :/

Or I'll have to shell out 20 bucks for a new card.
-
Oh, and I lost my antivirus serial code like an idiot, so I can't use AVG anymore.

I'm such a doofus.

Is Windows Defender on Win8 good enough? Apparently Security Essentials is not available for newer Win OS.

Kiru

Is Windows Defender on Win8 good enough? Apparently Security Essentials is not available for newer Win OS.
Windows Defener IS Security Essentials + Rootkit protection afaik.

EDIT:
Antivirus protection now included for your PC
In Windows 8, Windows Defender replaces Microsoft Security Essentials. Windows Defender runs in the background and notifies you when you need to take specific action. However, you can use it anytime to scan for malware if your computer isn’t working properly or you clicked a suspicious link online or in an email message.
If your computer is running Windows 8, you can use the built-in Windows Defender to help you get rid of viruses, spyware, or other malware. If your computer is running Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Windows Defender only removes spyware. To get rid of viruses and other malware, including spyware, on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP, you can download Microsoft Security Essentials for free.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, and I lost my antivirus serial code like an idiot, so I can't use AVG anymore.

I'm such a doofus.

I've been using MS Security Essentials exclusively for years now and haven't had any issues. Most recommend using Malware Bytes in conjunction to err on the side of caution, though.

Fox318

Just discovering about the Skyrim paid mod shit.

Talk about opening up a can of worms that takes away the single biggest feature and service from PC games.

I've been using MS Security Essentials exclusively for years now and haven't had any issues. Most recommend using Malware Bytes in conjunction to err on the side of caution, though.
Thanks. Will install MB now.
-
I also made the jump back to Waterfox as main browser.. better tried.

Enhanced Steam is not there and even worse, the font rendering is abysmal compared to Chrome -_-

Here both.

lashman was a boss and helped me out by pointing out clear-type-text. But it didn't help much. In fact those screens are with CTT.

Bummer.

Parsnip

-

Enhanced Steam is not there and even worse, the font rendering is abysmal compared to Chrome -_-

Here both.

lashman was a boss and helped me out by pointing out clear-type-text. But it didn't help much. In fact those screens are with CTT.

Bummer.
Chrome looks worse to be honest.

-

Here both.

Bummer.
Why not firerox? firefox works great and has a ton of useful extensions and plugins.

Shantom

I was about to buy Hyperdimension Neptunia off GMG while it's on sale but then I remembered Ys VI was this week. XSEED to the rescue again.

Also, Rocksmith 2014 is £5.43 on Funstock using code #FUNISHOT.

Fox318

Free mods literally don't exist anymore I heard.

They are going to be less frequent.

Why should I release my sword skin when every other tom and dick are charging 2.99?

Even if I say fuck it and release it I'm devaluing my own product by not charging money for it.

Majukun

so..the left stick of my 360 pad doesn't work anymore..so I'm probably gonna need a new controller...what is currently the best pad for PC?

Jawmuncher

so..the left stick of my 360 pad doesn't work anymore..so I'm probably gonna need a new controller...what is currently the best pad for PC?

It's preference at this point. PS4 is easy to set up but does require a third party application. Xbox One and 360 you just have to try. 360 is still the cheapest option though.

PS4 can be wireless through Bluetooth, though I haven't tried yet. Xone will be having a official wireless peripheral later this year. You can buy Chinese knock offs that work just fine for the same 360 functionality.

Fox318

People seem to really like the Dualshock 4 but I don't like how most games don't have the same button layout.

I just beat Sonic Adventure DX and it was nice that all of the button prompts are 360 buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom