• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wise words from Garry.

Not surprising though as he made one of the most popular paid mods ever ^_^

Yeah because all modding environments are equal and the same!

Hint: mods of Garry's are different from mods of TES.

It's like an RTS developer talking what fighting game developers should do.

Grief.exe

They are going to be less frequent.

Why should I release my sword skin when every other tom and dick are charging 2.99?

Even if I say fuck it and release it I'm devaluing my own product by not charging money for it.

Sure, but to what degree?

Content creators are going to find out real quick that people are extremely particular when it comes to paying for content. Theoretically, the cream should rise to the top and the market should balance itself out. Assuming that free content won't exist at this point is premature to say the least.

Again, I would recommend you to read the Forbes interview with Dean Hall to improve your general knowledge on the industry. I would also recommend looking into logical fallacies.

Dutcher

Neo Member
I hope this is the place to ask...

Where is the best possible place to get help with building a pc? Here on the forum or even other places.

I want to build a high end pc but am a complete noob with very little time as of right now.

Thanks

Dsyndrome

Resigned to the fact that Wolf 2009 is not ever coming back to Steam, I'm playing through on PS3. Currently idling the game to get the Time Out achievement. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have an achievement for something where you have to have a resource-sapping ability on for an hour should be shot. Doesn't help that it rumbles the controller constantly and you can't turn it off.

Anteater

going back to prince of persia 2008, it's not so bad

just that i don't know those buttons they're telling me to press, but you can't die so i figure them out eventually

titch

Enhanced Steam is not there and even worse, the font rendering is abysmal compared to Chrome -_-

Got a half decent work around for enhanced steam. I'm still using forefox and when there is a page i want to see with enhanced steam i use the 'open in chrome' add on to open the page in chrome..

Bit of a pain but i tried chrome and it just doesnt work for me.

Plus ive installed a couple of addon buttons 'top of page and bottom of page' which is great for gaf cause once ive read a thread i dont have to scroll back up to hit my subscriptions button its just 2 clicks now.

dex3108

Odd considering TXAA needs to be supported at the engine level, and I've never had issues with FRAPS not capturing injected SMAA.

Well in my case FRAPS SS is aliased a bit more than ShareX SS. And i made same hotkey for both programs so image is taken at the same time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well in my case FRAPS SS is aliased a bit more than ShareX SS. And i made same hotkey for both programs so image is taken at the same time.

Does Steam's screenshot function capture it? I'd check myself but I'm not at home.

Chrome Canary
VrwJTWq.png

Waterfox

Woah, what the hell is going on with Chrome? Why is everything so uneven and blurry? Looks like comic sans.

Khronico

Well, just bought a monitor and another 4gb stick of ram, should be here early next week. Excited to be using something other than my crappy old TV as a display.

I also finished Dead Space 2 yesterday, didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It's a great game that holds up really well graphically (I know it's not that old but still), PC is without a doubt the definitive version, playing at 60fps makes it much easier to handle enemy encounters. Here's some screenshots for y'all

I don't know if I should go all the way and play through DS3 though, everything I've seen of that game looks like total garbage.

Shadownet

Banned
What? But you just hit DMG! ...Whatever that means.
Yeah but maybe I'll hit Rainbow Rose or George Romero's zombie level if I go over to Plants vs Zombies 2.

Assuming that's how their ranking system is.

Btw, so Batman Arkham Knight recommendation is a GTX 760. Does that mean a 760 will be able to run it on medium? Or at least high?

xezuru

small question: how much is the subscription for FF XIV ? iirc the first moth was for free right ?

I assume you mean after you pay for the base game? Cause it's been a while since I've played, but you can set your account to one character per server (which you should because one character can be all classes) and that will discount your monthly sub from $15->$12.

Yes, first month is free.

Thorgal

I assume you mean after you pay for the base game? Cause it's been a while since I've played, but you can set your account to one character per server (which you should because one character can be all classes) and that will discount your monthly sub from $15->$12.

Yes, first month is free.

alright thanks .

yes, i meant after buying the base game .

think i am gonna give this a shot.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that I haven't played any steam games this month until now. I hate being busy. :(

I'm still stuck in Pillars of Eternity Act III. Those bounties give you so much damn experience.

Well, just bought a monitor and another 4gb stick of ram, should be here early next week. Excited to be using something other than my crappy old TV as a display.

I also finished Dead Space 2 yesterday, didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It's a great game that holds up really well graphically (I know it's not that old but still), PC is without a doubt the definitive version, playing at 60fps makes it much easier to handle enemy encounters. Here's some screenshots for y'all

I don't know if I should go all the way and play through DS3 though, everything I've seen of that game looks like total garbage.

It's a shame the dlc never made it to PC. It's nothing mindblowing but it would be nice to have, it's a sequel to Extraction which I think is great since I liked the characters and story in that game. Shame it ended with a cliffhanger that probably will never be resolved, much like DS3.
It's the reason I still have my PS3 copy since I don't want to lose access to dlc I paid for.

Edit: and yes, DS3 is a tremendous step down. Still worth a playthrough now that it's cheap, but yeah, by far the worse game in the franchise. The writing is bad beyond belief which sucks since after 2 and Extraction is was quite invested in the DS universe.

Thorgal

On another note , does anyone know if something stays running in the background after Exiting GTA5 ?

Reason i am asking is because Xpadder refuses to work after playing some GTA 5 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom