• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing Win 10 reminds me off...

Her2013Poster.jpg

That reminds me of

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I assume you mean after you pay for the base game? Cause it's been a while since I've played, but you can set your account to one character per server (which you should because one character can be all classes) and that will discount your monthly sub from $15->$12.

Yes, first month is free.
Is the main story beatable in a month?

Dutcher

Neo Member
Ok guys, i gave it a read and thought about going with the smokey build or at least somewhere around that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3LlMNaY8W4g/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&output=html

It seems to be outdated, so a few questions.

1.Is there any reason to go with the 2x GTX 980 over a GTX Titan x? Other than i will probably never find it in a decent price. (1000$)
2.do you guys have any suggestions for improvement? My budget is around 3300$, so any other recommendation? Maybe better memory? Or board?
3.Any other parts that were released and you guys think would be better to swap with?
4. Is 120Hz worth it?

The other thread seemed kinda slow, so i thought about posting it here.

Cheddahz

Banned
Daily Nidhogg 75% off
good game, buy it if you don't have it (online sucks)

Thinking about quitting CS and take my skills over to Plants vs Zombies 2.
probably worth it

small question: how much is the subscription for FF XIV ? iirc the first moth was for free right ?
free for the first month, $15 a month afterwards for at least one character (have no idea if it costs more or not whenever you have more, but you really only need one character to play the game)

xezuru

Is the main campaign beatable in a month?

It's hard to remember (I only played in pretty much base vanillla + a few of the early content patches), but the game had a pretty decent story content in itself and it was a good length, I think the only obstacle for you to finish the story is how quick you level, that said, in my opinion, FF14 has the least offensive MMO leveling content in any MMO, period. Once you start parting with friends and getting into the groove, the game introduces you to party/raid mechanics early and scale it up at a really good pace.

Personally, I never felt the MMO dread in 14 once the ball started rolling, even when I reached endgame and topped off what was the final content at the time, because of free-class system and many other things you can do.

So apparently my poor 750 Ti is below min spec for The Witcher 3. It can probably still run it though, just at lower resolution/settings.

However it is making me seriously reconsider whether to pre-order or not, even with a 20% discount. It might be cheaper by the time I can afford new hardware to do it justice…

Decisions, decisions.

Sajjaja

wut

that can't be right

where are the reqs

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-announced/#!

Jawmuncher

Is the main story beatable in a month?

Ok guys, i gave it a read and thought about going with the smokey build or at least somewhere around that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3LlMNaY8W4g/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&output=html

It seems to be outdated, so a few questions.

1.Is there any reason to go with the 2x GTX 980 over a GTX Titan x? Other than i will probably never find it in a decent price. (1000$)
2.do you guys have any suggestions for improvement? My budget is around 3300$, so any other recommendation? Maybe better memory? Or board?
3.Any other parts that were released and you guys think would be better to swap with?
4. Is 120Hz worth it?

The other thread seemed kinda slow, so i thought about posting it here.

Well sometimes SLI can be a pain until it's all worked out so that just kind of depends.
That's about all you'll get from me, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Salsa

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

cool

for some reason I was under the impression than the 750 was a better card than it is apparently. like on par with the 660

wut

that can't be right

where are the reqs

Minimum system requirements - Windows:
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz or AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: RAM 6 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Hard Drive: 35 GB of available space
DirectX: 11

On phone so sorry for poor formatting.

But yeah it says 660, and I just looked it up and 750 Ti is slightly below that on benchmarks.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to remember (I only played in pretty much base vanillla + a few of the early content patches), but the game had a pretty decent story content in itself and it was a good length, I think the only obstacle for you to finish the story is how quick you level, that said, in my opinion, FF14 has the least offensive MMO leveling content in any MMO, period. Once you start parting with friends and getting into the groove, the game introduces you to party/raid mechanics early and scale it up at a really good pace.

Personally, I never felt the MMO dread in 14 once the ball started rolling, even when I reached endgame and topped off what was the final content at the time, because of free-class system and many other things you can do.
Honestly, I haven't ever played an MMO for more than a few days because I get bored with them easily. I was just interested in this because of the FF name, and I'd probably be playing only for the story and most likely solo. Would leveling be significantly harder that way?

Kiru

I think the card wasn't even released back then. Always go for a single card if you want good performance right out the gate and not after SLI support gets patched in or whatever, also you get some microstutter with SLI. Performance wise in best case scenarios the SLI 980 should be more powerful than a Titan X though.

xezuru

Honestly, I haven't ever played an MMO for more than a few days because I get bored with them easily. I was just interested in this because of the FF name, and I'd probably be playing only for the story and most likely solo. Would leveling be significantly harder that way?

Hmmm, probably a little. The story is decent all around for this FF, but still the majority is encased by normal MMO questing and such.

The previous comment was said because I really do think Dungeon/Party mechanics are the highlights of any MMO and this one in particular, and although you can't do it solo, the Dungeon Finder has been pretty decent for me in the game, and there are Bonuses that let higher leveled players go to old dungeons and help teach newer players.

Just trying to have some visual comparison to other MMOs because even while early leveling in some of the competitors I've felt like all the Dungeons and Quests were absolutely garbage filler content, while in 14, I can't say that and all for the dungeons at the very least, Party mechanics are taught and grown from beginning to end.

I won't lie though, all MMO's are way better to go through with buddies.

Anteater

THE MOLECULAR MAN

yeaah gonna play k&l2 on my friend's account, seems like i couldn't access his library when his cousin is using it, but fuck his cousin, because it seems like he's been playing mount and blade for hundreds of hours from his account, and who doesn't already have mount and blade?

ExoSoul

Banned
THE MOLECULAR MAN

yeaah gonna play k&l2 on my friend's account, seems like i couldn't access his library when his cousin is using it, but fuck his cousin, because it seems like he's been playing mount and blade for hundreds of hours from his account, and who doesn't already have mount and blade?

dex3108

Man i would really like that there is option to buy credit on nuvvem so i could buy every week/month 5$ and collect money for AAA games. I can do that on Steam but prices are to much for me there. I guess i need to make Future Game Purchases Tip Jar aka FGPTJ XD

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, probably a little. The story is decent all around for this FF, but still the majority is encased by normal MMO questing and such.

The previous comment was said because I really do think Dungeon/Party mechanics are the highlights of any MMO and this one in particular, and although you can't do it solo, the Dungeon Finder has been pretty decent for me in the game, and there are Bonuses that let higher leveled players go to old dungeons and help teach newer players.

Just trying to have some visual comparison to other MMOs because even while early leveling in some of the competitors I've felt like all the Dungeons and Quests were absolutely garbage filler content, while in 14, I can't say that and all for the dungeons at the very least, Party mechanics are taught and grown from beginning to end.

I won't lie though, all MMO's are way better to go through with buddies.
Ah I see. I guess I'll pass on it for now, or at least until my MMO loving friend gets into it maybe. I tend towards single player games, so maybe that's why I haven't enjoyed MMOs much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man i would really like that there is option to buy credit on nuvvem so i could buy every week/month 5$ and collect money for AAA games. I can do that on Steam but prices are to much for me there. I guess i need to make Future Game Purchases Tip Jar aka FGPTJ XD

Move to Brazil, then every pay day will be Nuuvem credit!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I found Aloth to be terrible. It's best to make your own magician instead of using him.
He is shit, but I keep him around for the fact that he's not a custom character (i.e., the conversations). He's at level 11 already so gaze of the adragan will prob make him super useful.

And all the party members have shit stats anyway I think. Why the fuck does Sagani have so many points wasted in that consumable stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom