• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I like the little tidbit in the reddit thread that gabe says the cost of the program that handles internet outrage has cost them millions while the revenue from the mod has been 10k so far. lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Specially when he seems to be unaware of certain things a CEO wouldn't be and when the company acts against his word.

I must admit, Gabe single-handedly reinstating Hatred was amusing. But it's also a prime example of how Valve's structure can do it a disservice.

Oh, and speaking of Hatred: Hey, R*, you can release Manhunt 2 on Steam now.

Salsa

FBhAw3a.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would just like red dead.

Redemption PC will happen, either as its own thing or as part of a wider Redemption Remaster package. As much as the internet wants you to believe that R* has fingers in its ears and endlessly sings "La-la-la!", the call is too loud for papa Take-Two to ignore -- even though "forcing" a port would mean partially dictating the course of its golden goose.

zkylon

zkylewd
I would just like red dead.

fuck red dead

i want the warriors

Redemption PC will happen, either as its own thing or as part of a wider Redemption Remaster package. As much as the internet wants you to believe that R* has fingers in its ears and endlessly sings "La-la-la!", the call is too loud for papa Take-Two to ignore -- even though "forcing" a port means dictating the course of its golden goose.
such optimism is much unlike you

Zeknurn

Redemption PC will happen, either as its own thing or as part of a wider Redemption Remaster package. As much as the internet wants you to believe that R* has fingers in its ears and endlessly sings "La-la-la!", the call is too loud for papa Take-Two to ignore -- even though "forcing" a port would mean partially dictating the course of its golden goose.

This sounds like someone willing to do an avatar bet.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
#screenshotsaturday

(Make sure you click to enlarge - they're two different sizes!)

This week saw more assets come in and we've secured our background artist, whom we'll announce once they have something ready for us to show off! The biggest progress this week however, and the subject of this week's Screenshot Saturday, was when someone suggested last week's change of using larger portraits. After some thought and some back-and-forth, I set up two builds of the game - one with the original 800x600 res, the other in 1024x768. The larger resolution offered many advantages with only the one disadvantage that I had to redraw some of the UI elements because I was stupid and didn't make them proper vector files.

But now, we have the
second
prettiest girl in the school standing proud with what is now the new resolution and screen composition! The larger portraits let Sayara's smaller details come out better, give the game screen a much more dynamic feel, and the portraits are no longer 40% covered up by the text box! Hope to have more soon! <3

I can't wait for next week for the next Steam outrage^TM because quite honestly the mod thing is already looping around.

Yelling.gif

let' see what's there for next week

there's going to be a Dota balance update (who knows if they'll release a hero too; not sure about Source 2) and the compendium's going live

probably only a case for r/dota (unless S2 gets released)

Has the general "source code is held together with duct tape and blu tack" thing beem confirmed/rebuked? Seems to be the prevalent theory as to why it's not happened.

MRORANGE

#screenshotsaturday

This week saw more assets come in and we've secured our background artist, whom we'll announce once they have something ready for us to show off! The biggest progress this week however, and the subject of this week's Screenshot Saturday, was when someone suggested last week's change of using larger portraits. After some thought and some back-and-forth, I set up two builds of the game - one with the original 800x600 res, the other in 1024x768. The larger resolution offered many advantages with only the one disadvantage that I had to redraw some of the UI elements because I was stupid and didn't make them proper vector files.

But now, we have the
second
prettiest girl in the school standing proud with what is now the new resolution and screen composition! The larger portraits let Sayara's smaller details come out better, give the game screen a much more dynamic feel, and the portraits are no longer 40% covered up by the text box! Hope to have more soon! <3

Nice work! how you getting round the issue of copyrighted avatar / names? I think you mentioned a while ago about doing individual portraits but that must be time consuming.

#screenshotsaturday

But now, we have the
second

Lookin' pretty good.

Also, this girl is a redhead, that's first in my book! :p

zkylon

zkylewd
ningen looking cute as eff

Feel free to send me a friend request. I never send my own since I don't talk to people unless spoken to, but I'm happy to accept friend requests from GAFers and such.
this explains why we never talk saoirse lol

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Nice work! how you getting round the issue of copyrighted avatar / names? I think you mentioned a while ago about doing individual portraits but that must be time consuming.

Avatars are all being redrawn by an old and good friend of mine, who has been really eager to adapt everyone and even helped me think of some portrait-related stuff I hadn't considered before. Most characters are being drawn to be similar but changing details so they're simply similar looking, but not exactly the same person. Names... I'm still figuring out. Some people will have very similar names as to what they do on the forums, others are going to be harder to figure out (Bayonettalol).

It's going to take some time, but between the portraits (some of whom I'm keeping secret because I love them so much), the soundtrack (which I'll need to tease at some point!) and now our new background artist, I think the presentation will be worth the wait.

MRORANGE

Avatars are all being redrawn by an old and good friend of mine, who has been really eager to adapt everyone and even helped me think of some portrait-related stuff I hadn't considered before. Most characters are being drawn to be similar but changing details so they're simply similar looking, but not exactly the same person. Names... I'm still figuring out. Some people will have very similar names as to what they do on the forums, others are going to be harder to figure out (Bayonettalol).

It's going to take some time, but between the portraits (some of whom I'm keeping secret because I love them so much), the soundtrack (which I'll need to tease at some point!) and now our new background artist, I think the presentation will be worth the wait.

Nice, can't wait :)

ExoSoul

Banned

Just make a murder mystery section and have him as the Gravedigger Nitosky

zkylon

zkylewd
figured i'd check the recommended tags thing and see how it's working nowadays

isUh2H3bz6lK1.jpg

not that bad, i still feel it's a bit silly that it recommends opposite tags (casual/difficult) or that because i recently played dungeon of the endless it immediately recommends roguelikes even tho if you check my game times you'll see i don't last too long with those games.

and yea i dunno why it's suggesting me games i already own, that's just stupid

Yeah, because you're too good to initiate a conversation with a lowly peasant such as myself. :(
no like

i'm the same way

if i don't get talked to i kind of can go without talking to people for months because someone else will start talking to me and distract me

i'm way more a peasant than u, saoirse, pls

#screenshotsaturday

But now, we have the
second

Nice!

rtcn63

Interesting, I was playing The Warriors just today on my PS3. Wasn't all that impressed, to be honest.

It's a decent if shallow beat em up with open-world elements (spray painting, fetch quests, etc.). I think. I played it many years ago though, and didn't grow up with the film, so.

You're doing a fine job.

I hope my cameo wasn't cut

zkylon

zkylewd
so with gabe having some eye problems

will he finally accept this is the best look for him?

Gabe-Newell-Pirate.jpg

(with santa beard ofc)

Interesting, I was playing The Warriors just today on my PS3. Wasn't all that impressed, to be honest.
yea i was just kidding

if it ever releases on pc i hope someone makes a mod to remove mexico from rdr

i'd pay like 3.49$ for that mod

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of galaxy stuff

how much stuff is on gog anyways?

everything but big names?

i feel like using gog for indies and stuff while using steam for the aaa shit would be a nice balance

I don't remember that scene. Which chapter is it?

just got to the dread isle and some archer guy came in and took lyn hostage but then randomly decided taking women hostages was bad (which is weird since at that point he had already done it lol) so he frees her

she gets one kyaa out so it was all worth it

derExperte

yea i was just kidding

if it ever releases on pc i hope someone makes a mod to remove mexico from rdr

i'd pay like 3.49$ for that mod

I expected terrible things but then Mexico was totally alright. Don't know what people are going on about.

And Warriors is great if you love the movie, one of the best movie-> game games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom