• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

there really is no bias in my opinion either. even if you search through this thread you can see I was super excited when I got it for cheap

what a misleading thing

Mordor is Ass Creed with easier than Batman combat and the most boring soulless open world ever crafted and a completely wasted IP.

It starts fun and becomes work. The DLC actually filled me with disgust.

I haven't played Mordor yet because I figured it would be pretty boring modern open world stuff.

This... this is the most damning thing I've ever read, coming from Stallion Free. I'll spurn it forever now.

Salsa

I haven't played Mordor yet because I figured it would be pretty boring modern open world stuff.

This... this is the most damning thing I've ever read, coming from Stallion Free. I'll spurn it forever now.

people respect stallion's opinion now? and I thought this thread had gone to shit cause of waifus

hhehehheheheh

MUnited83

For you.
Also, I gotta ask. Why is a Chroma 2 case for CS: GO worth $1.95? Why is everything for CS:GO worth so much and comes and goes as the highest priced stuff on the marketplace nonstop?

It's a case where you have the chance to get some sweet looking skins and some sweet ass knifes. People like to have nice looking things. Prices go up, especially when they are relatively rare.

Salsa

stallion is alright. I dont even remember when this fake beef started I think it had something to do with me asking someone to buy me a game on sale to pay back when I got paid or something I maybe did and wouldnt do again. if so he was right

its derrick who I miss

Lain

Is the main story beatable in a month?

You can beat it in a month easily, so long as you play regularly. You can play most of the game solo, though you'll have to group up for story missions that take you into dungeons etc, but there's the finder for that.
The GAF community in-game is still alive and well as far as I know, so you can easily get into a nice community to get people to play with if you want from the start.

Are there typically any differences between a game on Origin and its release on Steam? Like perhaps it might get updated more/earlier on Origin (because EA plays favoritism)?

How many of you actually use Origin? I can't bring myself to install it, not sure I want to start building/maintaining a separate library on PC, but I occasionally wonder if I should (not that I'm playing my Steam games in the first place anyway)

MUnited83

For you.
Are there typically any differences between a game on Origin and its release on Steam? Like perhaps it might get updated more/earlier on Origin (because EA plays favoritism)?

How many of you actually use Origin? I can't bring myself to install it, not sure I want to start building/maintaining a separate library on PC, but I occasionally wonder if I should (not that I'm playing my Steam games in the first place anyway)

None of EA's games that are getting updates are games that are on steam anyways :p

There was a brief period where Origin had sales on par with Steam, but their catalogue and sales have paled in comparison to even GOG of late. Really, the best reason to use it is for the On The House promotions, where they give away classic games for free.

GOG is the best "Steam alternative" for the foreseeable future, especially with GOG Galaxy on the horizon to automatically distribute updates

Pakkidis

Just installed origin last week because I bought the origin bundle. I see nothing special with it. After trying it, I began to realize how far ahead Steam is in every way.

Shadow of Mordor is a lot like the first Assassin Creed, some pretty compelling and interesting mechanics in an otherwise average game that's fairly derivative of the Batman Arkham and Assassin's Creed. series. Even the protagonist is fairly uninteresting, like an Ubisoft Hero.

If you stick to the main campaign and focus on unlocking abilities, rather than burning yourself out on the Assassin's Creed-ish side activities first, it becomes a pretty fun little Orc Murdering Simulator/sandbox. All of the ways you can murder an Orc combined with the Nemesis system made it a pretty compelling time sink, for me anyways. I don't regret buying Mordor at all.

I look at Mad Max and I see the game I wanted id's Rage to be. I haven't pre-ordered the game but if it does get the same positive word of mouth, which I expect from an Avalanche game, I'll jump on board for sure.

cool

actually i've been enjoying the game more than before but i just don't think it's up to the expectations i had in my mind

I think that's fair.

i was hoping for at least a bare minimum of a story and characters and while i actually like some of the gameplay awkwardness about it (having to buy armor and weapons in the middle of fights) i really don't enjoy the rng elements

Ah, so you feel it doesn't have much in the way of story and character development. Also, I think that in hard mode, the RNG gets crazy! So I get that complaint at least.

...and i kind of dislike some of the hidden stat formulas for like double attacks and having it be so hard to gauge how much damage your attacks will deal

Actually, that's very strange. I knew exactly how much damage I would be dealing and whether I could double attack, and vice versa. Have you tried changing that in the settings? Make sure it's set as the other option - it's something to do with the pane. I cannot play with the one that doesn't tell you all that.

I could never play like you're playing with keeping those stats hidden.

DmAc2k6

Only if you're dumb enough to actually play FIFA yourself, tho.

I had an Origin account from back when you could make custom EA Skate skateboards. I completely forgot about it...until some FIFA guy hacked my account and signed into my Xbox Live account which just so happened to have the same password.

Oh, that was a life lesson...

rtcn63

And a month or two ago, Origin just stopped accepting my password. Tired of having to reset it. Just... rather not use it at all.

B2sNrSX.gif

Don't you wanna be the battest day 1?

There's not enough batmobile in that gif.

Not everyone. I had to be realistic after I had 100 submissions for characters to the spreadsheet and I already had 3-5 people I'd picked out already when I started writing. There will be 25 GAFers with portraits/speaking roles, even if they're minor. I've tried to work in names of others just to get more people in, but that's going to be tricky to have make much sense when I start changing names. How will I know everyone will get who someone is supposed to be without an avatar?

Just a matter of how much I could feasibly write and how much I wanted to expect out of my artist.

Surely y'all missed me so much that I not only have lines of dialogue but I also qualify for an avatar.

I mean, if Ningen made the cut... >_>

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Surely y'all missed me so much that I not only have lines of dialogue but I also qualify for an avatar.

I mean, if Ningen made the cut... >_>

I suggested that you be remembered fondly by the characters as that guy that got unjustly expelled.

rtcn63

even with double authentication?

Should be good with it, I'm guessing. Funnily, two-factor didn't work for me- the same code would get spit out to my email instead of a unique one (after one use it expires). I had to get the Origin guy to fix it. Even after, I deleted my payment stuffs in case.

I suggested that you be remembered fondly by the characters as that guy that got unjustly expelled.

I think Veggie leaked me to that...

I had a chat with Cheesecake awhile back and it sounded like I was lumped in with a few other "regulars" who might be scheduled for a cameo of sorts, though I'm not sure exactly how he planned on handling it. :3

giphy.gif

iosefe

Regulars, eh?
cheesecake, you should make stealing my dark brown bathrobe a plot device. I dont know how, but I see so much potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom