• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
fuck how do you stop a hiccup

lol i hate those

also i get the most stereotypical drunk hiccups

so annoying

Yeah you can only get one conversation for a character per chapter. Then you need to get the next one in the next chapter or whenever you want.
i'm reading a guide about it and it seems like a really weird system

like leaving people waiting for x amount of turns next to each other is weird as fuck

i'm reading a guide about it and it seems like a really weird system

like leaving people waiting for x amount of turns next to each other is weird as fuck

Yeah it is weird. You really need to prepare beforehand if you know which characters you want to develop supports with. So as you're fighting through a chapter, keep them together (1-3 spaces away or 1-2 spaces away, not sure which) until you get to the end. If you keep doing that for every chapter, you should eventually get a support.

I just wish they reduced the number of turns because it can get frustrating waiting so long, so it's best to do it through several chapters and let it eventually develop.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah it is weird. You really need to prepare beforehand if you know which characters you want to develop supports with. So as you're fighting through a chapter, keep them together (1-3 spaces away or 1-2 spaces away, not sure which) until you get to the end. If you keep doing that for every chapter, you should eventually get a support.

I just wish they reduced the number of turns because it can get frustrating waiting so long, so it's best to do it through several chapters and let it eventually develop.

is that needed? i also read you don't have to evolve your guys until they're like level 20 and i have a couple people i evolved at 10

i'm not planning on playing in super hard diff or anything

KarmaCow

Anyone else having issues using the voucher GMG sent out via email on Killing Floor 2? Probably for the best, I shouldn't be buying it now anyways, but the code should work.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone else having issues using the voucher GMG sent out via email on Killing Floor 2? Probably for the best, I shouldn't be buying it now anyways, but the code should work.

I used the code to buy the new Wolfie for 15$. Cheaper than the VIP price. Time limit may have expired on it.

is that needed?

No. But it can help if you're fed up with the RNG nonsense. And this is subjective, but it can also provide more character development even though some conversations are... ... sexually weird. Yeah...

Supports are only essential in super hard mode, which doesn't really apply to you.

i also read you don't have to evolve your guys until they're like level 20 and i have a couple people i evolved at 10

i'm not planning on playing in super hard diff or anything

That is correct. It's actually best to evolve your people at Level 20 which is the max, since they'll have gained experience quicker and have better stats. There's a reason why Marcus is potentially trash since even though he starts out strong, he doesn't have much potential and is only good for acting as a meat shield so the enemy focuses on him.

But again, all this doesn't really matter if you're not playing the hard modes.

Kagemusha

Hello everyone!

We’ve just released our first major update, bringing Besiege to V0.08!
Why V0.08 and not V0.1 or V0.06 you ask?
The version labeling system we are using for Besiege represents our progress towards the official release version, V1.0 We had initially planned to go to version 0.1 with this update but there were a few things that we weren't able to implement, so we weren’t satisfied with calling it V0.1 just yet.

I’m sure many of you are aware that we’ve exceeded our original deadline for this update by a week and for this we are sorry. The speed at which we can produce different forms of content is still unclear and we’re really grateful for your continued patience.
With that all being said the next few updates will be minor ones and at this point we can’t say when the next major update will be released.

Anyway, without further ado here’s V0.08:

With V0.08 we’re introducing a new island, Tolbrynd. This island will start out with 5 levels with an additional 10-15 to be added in later updates. We’re also giving you two new blocks; a High Friction Plate to help with walking machines and a Drill for drilling people… stuff...

Grief.exe

Preach!

soldier_of_fortune_wallpaper_4-normal.jpg

star-trek-voyager-elite-force.jpg

ocCspQH.jpg

Wolfenstein_%282009_video_game%29.jpg

I use a Silverstone Grandia

1265015376.jpeg

Fits nicely under my TV and is exact same size of an audio receiver. I think this is my case going forward. Really quiet and keeps things cool considering its small. Also allows very decent upgrades for most full sized parts.
Looks minimalistic and non-eyecatchy in a godd way.
But in terms of ventilation it looks like things get cramped in there.
How are you doing temp-wise?
There won't be a 970Ti. The latter will probably be more, unless Nvidia introduces a price cut for the 980 and 970.
I also doubt a x70Ti will ever exist in the foreseeable future. Doesn't make sense. Anyone going over 400 bucks will likely have the budget to go x80 anyway.

What should absolutely exist though is a x60Ti. The rift between 960 and 970 can be about 20 FPS! Bonkers that there is nothing that covers the middle-ground on the green side. AMD has much better choices in that aspect.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Looks minimalistic and non-eyecatchy in a godd way.
But in terms of ventilation it looks like things get cramped in there.
How are you doing temp-wise?

My 4770 at idle is around 32c average. My GPU is around 36c i think...not 100% sure.

Under load GPU seems to cap at 80c under extreme pressure and lower accordingly. CPU for games hovers around 60-70c.

Thing is the temps drastically lower as soon as load is put off.

Thing that i like most is probably there rarely seems to ever be any dust inside the PC case. Only the fans start to build up but never inside for the most part. And very quiet.

Not the coolest environment but when you are small like that its very tough on fans.

zkylon

zkylewd
I play games running at 7fps

Get on my level
does that really count as playing?

No. But it can help if you're fed up with the RNG nonsense. And this is subjective, but it can also provide more character development even though some conversations are... ... sexually weird. Yeah...
sexually?

IM IN

Supports are only essential in super hard mode, which doesn't really apply to you.
ah ok

prolly not gonna bother too much then

That is correct. It's actually best to evolve your people at Level 20 which is the max, since they'll have gained experience quicker and have better stats. There's a reason why Marcus is potentially trash since even though he starts out strong, he doesn't have much potential and is only good for acting as a meat shield so the enemy focuses on him.

But again, all this doesn't really matter if you're not playing the hard modes.
yeah i got the impression marcus was gonna be kind of shit when i got him also cos he was one shotting everything and not getting any exp, so i'd rather just level my other guys

gonna wait until 20 then, to level my bro erk and well i guess sain will have to live with his shit stats lol

can you evolve lords? i'm kind of afraid of using them too much since i don't really know if i'm gonna have them available later on or whatever

Yea it's a known issue. Contact GMG support and they'll send you another one pretty quickly.

Purkake4

Banned
Been playing this all afternoon. Spent two hours in the hospital level looking for the last gold I couldn't find, finally cracking and looking for a guide... and it's under a bedpan right at the fucking beginning.
I remember being really pleasantly surprised by the amount of depth the weapons and abilities had.

sexually?

IM IN

Yeah :p Not sure if that's a good thing or if it's just awkward dialogue but you be the judge lol.

yeah i got the impression marcus was gonna be kind of shit when i got him also cos he was one shotting everything and not getting any exp, so i'd rather just level my other guys

gonna wait until 20 then, to level my bro erk and well i guess sain will have to live with his shit stats lol

Good call. Sain's class is useful but he can be pretty outclassed a lot, especially later.

can you evolve lords? i'm kind of afraid of using them too much since i don't really know if i'm gonna have them available later on or whatever

Yeah you can, but you get the items much later on, in the 2nd half of Eliwood's/Hector's story. They're not hidden or anything, you get them in a scripted part. It's a few chapters after you meet Lord Pent and Lady Louise and a really old guy, but I don't wanna say his name yet.

goober

I've been having some problems with Steam. I got a new laptop with Windows 8 and Steam updates every time on start up.

Also, when I'm playing a game, it switches to desktop after a while of playing. The game I'm playing is minimized and can be played again but it's just kind of annoying. What could be causing that? Any solutions?

Thanks.

Shadownet

Banned

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah im def holding out for some of the 980 revisions to see whats up. I could go for a 6gb card with great perf approaching titan.

Dsyndrome

What's with achievements in Broken Age? Will they not be activated until the game's out in full? 0% achievement stats across the global board.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mengy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bejeweled 3 -- MB-746DEAC32E0B0ECD - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

t1430099382z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah :p Not sure if that's a good thing or if it's just awkward dialogue but you be the judge lol.
awkward sexual dialogue!?

AND ALL I'M READING IS ABOUT SHITTY ELIWOOD'S DAD

FUCK

Good call. Sain's class is useful but he can be pretty outclassed a lot, especially later.
poor sain, he's like one of the few likable guys in the game

Yeah you can, but you get the items much later on, in the 2nd half of Eliwood's/Hector's story. They're not hidden or anything, you get them in a scripted part. It's a few chapters after you meet Lord Pent and Lady Louise and a really old guy, but I don't wanna say his name yet.
oh wow, i thought i was like nearing the end (i'm at dragon's gate)

this game is long

haha which game?

Grief.exe

Anyone remember the Bethesda PR manager's Twitter that runs the Bethblog? I was messaging him heavily last year when we were concerned with the Evil Within port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom