• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
awkward sexual dialogue!?

AND ALL I'M READING IS ABOUT SHITTY ELIWOOD'S DAD

FUCK

Sain is one that hits on the girls, so he's an example :p Not sure how you'll feel about it, though. I thought it was awkward lol.

poor sain, he's like one of the few likable guys in the game

Yeah he can still be good of course, especially on the mode you're playing, but once you fight other evolved enemies, then it can be tough. Maybe.

oh wow, i thought i was like nearing the end (i'm at dragon's gate)

this game is long

Dragon's Gate is the end, unless you mean you've seen it for the first time. Have you already met the villain that was teased during Lyn's story (in a certain quick enemy dialogue)? If not, then you're very very early on lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Any game that needs more than a toaster to run, but after so many time I just got used to it and the human eyes can't see more than 23.3 fps anyway.
lol that's so lame

So I just bought Valkyria Chronicles for a friend from Nuuvem. He couldn't redeem it. Is there something going on?
i think i heard nuuvem's coming down on vpns and stuffs?

Sain is one that hits on the girls, so he's an example :p Not sure how you'll feel about it, though. I thought it was awkward lol.
i mean, awkward is funny so i'll take awkward over boring.

Yeah he can still be good of course, especially on the mode you're playing, but once you fight other evolved enemies, then it can be tough. Maybe.
ah i see. well, i have high hopes for kent and lowen!

Dragon's Gate is the end, unless you mean you've seen it for the first time. Have you already met the villain that was teased during Lyn's story (in a certain quick enemy dialogue)? If not, then you're very very early on lol.
uhh i dunno, i'm in a chapter called "dragon's gate". feels end-ish i guess, but i barely evolved one or two people and certainly not any of the lords

Turfster

Haha well, I guess so.
Reading the top reviews, it's indeed a bad game. I guess I'll pass.
I've only played the first two games in the past myself.

Thi4f really is bad in almost every aspect (it's pretty-ish? and the music is okay, I guess?).
The third one is worth playing through, if you keep in mind that it's hampered by OG Xbox memory shit (although there's a patch that fixes some of that now) and "gotta make it work on a controller too" simplifications.

Finished AssFlag, which was... okay, I guess?
It was a nice "don't think about anything and just move around" collectathon.
The main story was garbage and the insufferable 'tail this dude for 20 minutes for bullshit exposition until you can finally kill him" missions were way too plentiful.
Speaking of things lasting 20 minutes. How long are these credits?

A bad Thief game is still a good AssCreed game

Nope, it's not even that.

i mean, awkward is funny so i'll take awkward over boring.

Then you may hopefully like it.

ah i see. well, i have high hopes for kent and lowen!

Kent seems to be more well-rounded and Lowen can become a tank against physical attacks, so they both have their uses. Sain's attacks can hit harder.

But again, it kind of depends on the dreaded RNG - our worst enemy.

uhh i dunno, i'm in a chapter called "dragon's gate". feels end-ish i guess, but i barely evolved one or two people and certainly not any of the lords

I see. Then I think you'll meet the main villain very soon, if you haven't already. A long way to go. Hope it gets better for you.

Some bosses are powerful and have evolving items that are not blinking green, so sometimes you need tot take a risk and steal it from them. I wonder if you stole the Guiding Ring from the deadly boss, in the chapter where you got attacked on a ship.

MUnited83

For you.
This is what he got when he tried to enter the code. He's from Canada.

As people already explained how to use the VPN, just some advice to your friend: Before buying anything on Nuuvem he has to check the nuuvem page to look for region locks. Valkyria being region locked is very clearly stated on their page.

Haha well, I guess so.
Reading the top reviews, it's indeed a bad game. I guess I'll pass.
I've only played the first two games in the past myself.

I can usually roll my eyes at some bad design choices and keep chugging through, but there was just no draw here. The story was so generic that store-bought doesn't do it justice as an insult. The exploration always felt confined, which was its biggest offender. Naturally, there's some limit to control and I don't even mind seeing it. Feeling it is inexcusable.

But for moment-to-moment, it's not bad. In sections, there's some exhilaration. I just can't keep on without some larger draw of story or environment or character or (most of all and most intangible) feel.

In sum, felt bad man.

MUnited83

For you.
Finally got the best background on Steam <3

mW2QpKc.png

Sölf

zkylon, Fire Emblem can be a bit weird in terms of good/bad characters. Because of the stats growths, pretty much every character can turn out great or bad. It's just that some characters have simply better growths than others and are therefore more useful in general.

Btw. Sain > Kent, simply because he is awesome. xD

Sölf;161695300 said:
zkylon, Fire Emblem can be a bit weird in terms of good/bad characters. Because of the stats growths, pretty much every character can turn out great or bad. It's just that some characters have simply better growths than others and are therefore more useful in general.

Yeah, that's a much better explanation.

Grief.exe

DCDeacon - Pete Hines

Perfect.

I'm going to try to get a campaign started later tonight. Target digital distribution in general, including consoles, to pull in the largest demographic. The only issue I see with that is they will want XBO/PS4 versions which obviously isn't feasible.

maxresdefault.jpg

I finally booted up my copy of Crypt of the Necrodancer this weekend, now that it's out of Early Access. So far I've exclusively played in co-op mode using two dance pads (but not whatever it is they call "Dance Pad Mode").

So far it's pretty damn difficult, but you unlock upgrades to make progress a little easier, and it's a lot of fun.

I don't really understand why all 3 times we passed level 3 of zone 1,
we got a different boss each time
. Cool though.

I also don't get how the multiplier works at all.

I finally booted up my copy of Crypt of the Necrodancer this weekend, now that it's out of Early Access. So far I've exclusively played in co-op mode using two dance pads (but not whatever it is they call "Dance Pad Mode").

So far it's pretty damn difficult, but you unlock upgrades to make progress a little easier, and it's a lot of fun.

I don't really understand why all 3 times we passed level 3 of zone 1,
we got a different boss each time
. Cool though.

I also don't get how the multiplier works at all.

The boss is random... it's not necessarily the same every time.

The multiplier increases every time you hit an enemy and stay on beat. If you miss a beat or get hit yourself, you lose your multiplier.

Multiplier helps with the gold drops from enemies as well as certain weapon scaling.

Anything else?

zkylon

zkylewd
Kent seems to be more well-rounded and Lowen can become a tank against physical attacks, so they both have their uses. Sain's attacks can hit harder.

But again, it kind of depends on the dreaded RNG - our worst enemy.
i kinda don't like sain anymore cos he seems super overpowered in his paladin state

not very much fun to have one guy annihilate everyone lol

I see. Then I think you'll meet the main villain very soon, if you haven't already. A long way to go. Hope it gets better for you.

Some bosses are powerful and have evolving items that are not blinking green, so sometimes you need tot take a risk and steal it from them. I wonder if you stole the Guiding Ring from the deadly boss, in the chapter where you got attacked on a ship.
yea i got that ring, been pretty good at stealing and visiting houses and getting side quests and crap

i'm starting to dig it more, specially now that i finally understood how the numbers work, i kinda wish the story was more fun tho

I know xD

Pillars of Eternity runs at solid 7fps then if I'm on an intense fight with lots of spells going on it drops to 1fps. It's literally watching a slideshow.
oh yea i get like 7 fps on the main menu so i figured i'd just wait, give modders some time to make some anti-spiders mod
for 3.49$

Sölf;161695300 said:

yeah i generally just pick people because i like them. sain is kinda cool so i leveled him more than everyone else but now that he became like a god i find him kind of boring to use so i'm leveling kent and lowen a bit more

not planning on like doing much numbers crunching or whatever, just want to be able to go through the game

Momentary

Banned
Got 10 free days of vacation for renewing my contract. I gotta make a list of games to beat. I can't pull myself for Shadow of Mordor or Dark Souls II long enough to start beating games. I've got Dishonored, The Walking Dead Season1, The Evil Within, Ryse, Mortal Kombat X, Valkyria Chronicles all close to the end. I think I'll start Dishonored. last time I touched it was in 2012 and I almost had it beat. Thank goodness for Steam cloud.

I know xD

Pillars of Eternity runs at solid 7fps then if I'm on an intense fight with lots of spells going on it drops to 1fps. It's literally watching a slideshow.

What?! Did your main gaming PC bite the dust? Or is this all you've got to rely on when it comes to games?

Vibranium

Banned
Perfect.

I'm going to try to get a campaign started later tonight. Target digital distribution in general, including consoles, to pull in the largest demographic. The only issue I see with that is they will want XBO/PS4 versions which obviously isn't feasible.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man, Beth really should have tried to get Wolf 2009 on Steam in the run-up to TNO. The game is canon after all, even though characters have different designs.

Maniac

Banned
Perfect.

maxresdefault.jpg

Might aswell bring up Prey aswell, I suppose. It's incredibly silly not having it on the Steam storefront. Literally just money down the drain :p

i kinda don't like sain anymore cos he seems super overpowered in his paladin state

not very much fun to have one guy annihilate everyone lol

Maybe you can use him to weaken a boss or use him as a meat-shield if you want to, so your weaker characters can pounce on an enemy while they're distracted on Sain.

yea i got that ring, been pretty good at stealing and visiting houses and getting side quests and crap

Wow, nice one! I thought you may be put off by the boss having that dreaded Luna magic.

i'm starting to dig it more, specially now that i finally understood how the numbers work, i kinda wish the story was more fun tho

I see. Well, I hope the story gets better for you :p

Grief.exe

Might aswell bring up Prey aswell, I suppose. It's incredibly silly not having it on the Steam storefront. Literally just money down the drain :p

Tell that to Human Head.

Probably just going to keep this Wolf 2009 related as this will target both Bethesda and Activision. While Prey is solely in Bethesda's court.

Dsyndrome

Tell that to Human Head.

Probably just going to keep this Wolf 2009 related as this will target both Bethesda and Activision. While Prey is solely in Bethesda's court.
I'll support it, let me know if I need to make a Twitter account. Put it off for this long...

Kiru

Tell that to Human Head.

Didn't JaseC post something about Activision having nothing to do with it afterall, Bethesda owning the game and them just being too lazy? Was 1-2 days ago.

Thanks man!
it did work? nice!
been a while and wasn't sure if things changed. good to know the.
-
so i tried dark soul 1 but sadly dsfix crashed constantly. no matter borderless fullscreen or not. tried so many options but nothing :(
had to play with in-game aa off.

still looked very good. funny how i now feel like ds2's camera and movement feel better.

here a quick webm. also sorry for small case. using phone as pc-keyboard and not all keys work.

http://a.pomf.se/wxyiji.webm

l

oh yea i get like 7 fps on the main menu so i figured i'd just wait, give modders some time to make some anti-spiders mod
for 3.49$

BRB gonna work on non spider mode and sell it xD

What?! Did your main gaming PC bite the dust? Or is this all you've got to rely on when it comes to games?

I never had a proper gaming PC, so I've been playing on this old laptop for a while. Hopefully I can start building a basic gaming PC near this year ending if nothing of unexpected happens in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom