• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm thinking about an indie game we were talking about the other day.

Cool art style, guy swinging a huge sword, 3D action-RPG, can't really describe much else. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I see that. So Bethesda just never bothered to put the game up?

Part of me just wants to get Activision involved anyways. Getting more people involved increases the likelihood that we get in contact with the right individual, and we haven't fully ruled out Activision's involvement. They may have access to a completed build that iD does not for example.

Thi4f really is bad in almost every aspect (it's pretty-ish? and the music is okay, I guess?).
The third one is worth playing through, if you keep in mind that it's hampered by OG Xbox memory shit (although there's a patch that fixes some of that now) and "gotta make it work on a controller too" simplifications.

I can usually roll my eyes at some bad design choices and keep chugging through, but there was just no draw here. The story was so generic that store-bought doesn't do it justice as an insult. The exploration always felt confined, which was its biggest offender. Naturally, there's some limit to control and I don't even mind seeing it. Feeling it is inexcusable.

But for moment-to-moment, it's not bad. In sections, there's some exhilaration. I just can't keep on without some larger draw of story or environment or character or (most of all and most intangible) feel.

In sum, felt bad man.

Yup, I'm not getting it.
Dodged a bullet there, thanks.

Wow, that's awesome man.
Good luck for those who are entering.

Woah. That is pretty awesome of you.
You even thought about every platform, wow.
I'm thinking about an indie game we were talking about the other day.

Cool art style, guy swinging a huge sword, 3D action-RPG, can't really describe much else. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
I remember nabs posting a gif of sth similar. Low poly, dark purple colors. I even landed on its homepage by accident before seeing it here.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't know about getting "better", as it still felt the same to me six hours in still, but I was fully immersed into the story that it didn't matter to me.

Finally got the best background on Steam <3

mW2QpKc.png

It's beautiful.

Grief.exe

I remember nabs posting a gif of sth similar. Low poly, dark purple colors. I even landed on its homepage by accident before seeing it here.

We are thinking of the same game. Need to find it so I can post in this thread.

So when does The Witcher 2 pick up?

Cause I'm near the start of chapter 1 and while the jank is about 2 magnitudes better than TW1, it's still there.

CDPR games always start extremely slow.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe you can use him to weaken a boss or use him as a meat-shield if you want to, so your weaker characters can pounce on an enemy while they're distracted on Sain.
nah, fuck sain haha

Wow, nice one! I thought you may be put off by the boss having that dreaded Luna magic.
well i stole it then rescued matthew with florina

strategy!

I see. Well, I hope the story gets better for you :p
probably won't, but that's ok, i'm enjoying it more now

BRB gonna work on non spider mode and sell it xD
i wish someone did

tbh this whole thing made me realize i should probably donate some money to the people that made anti-spider mods

i'm prolly gonna go give some money for the guy/girl that made the anti-roach mod i use for new vegas

Grief.exe

I even posted about it in here.
Can't remember the name at all though...

Necropolis, right?

Thanks guys. post up

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161715304&posted=1#post161715304

Need a gif for Fortnite

I live this art style as it is almost timeless. It scales well with technology as it will always look better at higher resolution, while games targeting a realistic art style will start to degrade over time.

Ashen

OzsK5As.gif

Necropolis

tumblr_inline_nliulcDEbb1t2nv1v.gif

Little Devil Inside

CEEF733CD014656222FDBEADCADC463F7DB24433

Fortnite

https://www.fortnite.com

Shelter

Shelter2_Deer.png

Polari

wtf is with the inconsistency in controller support? You'd think with Big Picture Mode being a thing devs would get their shit together.

rtcn63

What if Konami discovered that Kojima was some sort of serial kidnapper who kept gaijin sex slaves in his basement, and they can't openly admit to it because doing so would mean admitting they hired a terrifying psychopath?

Sch1sm

Hmm. Was playing Mark of the Ninja on my Macbook
(first mistake, I know, I know, but the HDD on my Acer crapped out so I had to make do until a replacement is SSD is plausible for my wallet)
and I changed the settings so it wasn't full screen. Exit game for changes to take effect. Try to reopen. Nope. Okay, Steam. :c

Momentary

Banned
BRB gonna work on non spider mode and sell it xD

I never had a proper gaming PC, so I've been playing on this old laptop for a while. Hopefully I can start building a basic gaming PC near this year ending if nothing of unexpected happens in life.

If I would have known that sooner I would have given you a laptop. lol.

Tizoc

It's Ys there is no '
Having just beat Origin, it's time to learn more about the time before the land of Ys and its goddesses :p

The Talos Principle demo is... eeeeeh.
It's pretty, but the puzzles are rather... meh.

Full game's really good, just get it mang, one of the best PC games of last year, and one of the best PS4 games to release later this year too.

I imagine that's not the case.

Of course you wouldn't!

...but nah seriously, Kojima leaving Konami's gonna be hitting them hard unless they can get some good talent somehow to compensate.
They hardly have anyone left to make games that aren't PES or some lame iOS game.

Zafir

I just got the email, but erm, what do I do with the code. Steam isn't accepting it. Is there a enter code thing inside the game or something?

inm8num2

I just got the email, but erm, what do I do with the code. Steam isn't accepting it. Is there a enter code thing inside the game or something?

From Humble page:

How to unlock Broken Age Act 2 on Steam

Install Broken Age.
Right click on Broken Age and select 'Properties'
Click on the 'Betas' tab
Enter your code and select 'Check Code'
Select the branch 'Beta - Beta branch'
Wait for the game to download
Play the game!

Install Broken Age.
Click on the 'Betas' tab
Play the game!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Install Broken Age.
Click on the 'Betas' tab
Play the game!

Enjoy~

kevin1025

Banned
Of course you wouldn't!

...but nah seriously, Kojima leaving Konami's gonna be hitting them hard unless they can get some good talent somehow to compensate.
They hardly have anyone left to make games that aren't PES or some lame iOS game.

It wouldn't surprise me if they never made Metal Gear games again. They are sitting on insanely good franchises already, so adding that one to the pile wouldn't be surprising. Kojima will keep making cool games, and I'll be there for them. The question is, does he open up his own shop or does he join someone crazy (Platinum might be TOO crazy).

Zafir

Ah yeah, you'd think they'd have put it on the email. Oh well, guess I can finally get through it then. I hadn't played much of Act 1 because I prefer to play things through all at once.

Install Broken Age.
Click on the 'Betas' tab
Play the game!

I don't want it.

Can I give it away or is it null and void since it will download anyway if you already own a copy??

Ys 6 can be installed via GOG Galaxy and played ahead of its Tuesday release.

:checks thread title:

"steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it&#8217;s morningbus? &#8220;No.&#8221;"

Yeah, I don't care. Wake me when it's on Steam and it's on sale.

It wouldn't surprise me if they never made Metal Gear games again. They are sitting on insanely good franchises already, so adding that one to the pile wouldn't be surprising.

Especially when it comes to the idea of porting stuff to PC.
Where's Hard Corps Uprising?
Where's the Castlevania game that was focused on loot and co-op?
The list goes on and on.

(The same can be said of Capcom too... why, oh why, have they not ported the Iron Galaxy GGPO fighters to PC/Steam?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom