• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Could tell that John Walker had written that before opening the link - he hasn't been backward in coming forward with criticism of late, that's for sure... but I tend to see his byline on RPS articles or reviews these days and take them with an added grain of salt (although that's not quite the term I'm fishing for) - particularly since he embarrassed himself (IMO) with Molyneux.

Edit:

I trust RPS more.

Having said that, I still agree with this! (I just wish a counter-point to everything Walker writes could be provided by another on the RPS team by default)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that's not what he meant ;)

I don't care.

A culture with this:
Gauchos-making-Asado-in-the-Pampa-425x266.jpg

is alright by my mind.

There isn't a single puzzle in Grim Fandango that actually uses any form of real logic. It's that kind of bullshit that made people stop buying adventure games. Charm can't make up for the fact that playing the game is a terrible experience.

Arthea

http://siralim.com/giveaway/

Go here to claim your free Siralim key if you voted etc.

so I buy it and you people get it for free! and why is it so? because nobody posts about those freebies (눈_눈)

There isn't a single puzzle in Grim Fandango that actually uses any form of real logic. It's that kind of bullshit that made people stop buying adventure games. Charm can't make up for the fact that playing the game is a terrible experience.

only... I don't find Grim Fandango charming in any way ;)

Knurek

so I buy it and you people get it for free! and why is it so? because nobody posts about those freebies (눈_눈)

Wasn't it in some Groupees BAGB?
I sure as hell didn't buy it on Steam.
(Arthea, I finished The Room tutorial this morning, can't wait to get back home from work to tackle the rest of the game).

Also, oh god, Desktop Dungeons will be the death of me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've heard Argentina is a nice place to visit on holiday. Good meaty steaks at silly prices.
depends where you go since argieland's super big and has like penguins and jungles and mountains and wine and stuff, so i dunno if you can just like "visit argieland".

if you come to buenos aires you'll have a pretty nice night life, theatres, clubs, that sort of thing, tho everything's pretty expensive if you go to like tourist places.

if like steak is what you want there are more affordable places that are a bit more hidden tho it's not like it's super cheap. ideally you'll know someone here that can make bbq instead of going to a restaurant, tho. it's kind of like argie tradition and it's probably one of the things you must absolutely do if you come here, no matter which part of argieland

and like i dunno if i'd vacation in argieland, but i kind of live here already lol

damn, i hope he's wrong

They've got meat alright~

lol wtf cheesy

Not surprised Broken Age part 2 has terrible puzzles given it's garbage like Grim Fandango that killed the genre.
wouldn't say grim fandango kill the genre, more like it marked the end of it

only... I don't find Grim Fandango charming in any way ;)

wtf are these shitty opinions

Arthea

Wasn't it in some Groupees BAGB?
I sure as hell didn't buy it on Steam.
(Arthea, I finished The Room tutorial this morning, can't wait to get back home from work to tackle the rest of the game).

Also, oh god, Desktop Dungeons will be the death of me.
not sure, was it?
the Room is awesome! I kinda envy you, it's not kind of a game that you can play second time and enjoy as much, saviour that first time! :)

I still haven't played Desktop Dungeons and if it'll kill you, I never will! I like to be alive.
why exactly? is it number of permadeaths, isn't it?

edited: talking about Transistor, even if nobody talks with me about it.
I remember somebody posting (grief?) that they had no problems with limiters. I wonder how, because I have, I tried 3, that was a disaster, tried 2 - not much better, I can do with one, though (I have only 3 so far luckily (><)
It's just those couple of percents come with such a high price, enemies multiply like rats and are shielded to boot? it's a horror, I tell you.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
you're nothing more than a piece of meat to him, obviously ;) lol

It is a rather thick, juicy Argentinian steak...

I was worried that the puzzles would become too obtuse. I'd thought some of the ones in Act 1 were borderlining on it. Lack of new locales is also kinda sad. I was really hoping they'd let us go places!

Oh well, still going to see it through eventually.

dex3108

It is sad to see those Broken Age reviews but real question is did Broken Age Kickstarter was success? I mean they got way more money then they asked for and after 3 years of development they undelivered if we look at those scores.

Teeth

I don't think I'll ever understand how to get enjoyment out of point and click adventure game "puzzles".

They should all move towards Layton style puzzles where there are actually clearly defined rule sets and goal structures rather than just divining how obscure some designer thought he could be with item X on thing Y after A was put on B and you talked to L.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Usually they end up as something you don't want, right?

Also, hospital waiting times are so long. Got home at 1AM.

Some people who are jerks got what they wanted by asking! If I'm going to end up with a tag, I'd at least think I've garnered enough good will for it to be one I would want rather than be stuck with something I'd probably not want to have following me around outside of the thread.

Also, Hospital?!

that's not how tags on gaf work ;) you know that, right? :p

FISHY ASKED FOR HIS

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean i'm like of european descent, nothing juicy or thick about me lol

I don't think I'll ever understand how to get enjoyment out of point and click adventure game "puzzles".

They should all move towards Layton style puzzles where there are actually clearly defined rule sets and goal structures rather than just divining how obscure some designer thought he could be with item X on thing Y after A was put on B and you talked to L.
i'd agree if monkey 2 wasn't such a well designed game that proves that you can do both if your'e good enough

So sweet, you'r both getting matching tags :3

dang that would be kind of adorably sad

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Some people who are jerks got what they wanted by asking! If I'm going to end up with a tag, I'd at least think I've garnered enough good will for it to be one I would want rather than be stuck with something I'd probably not want to have following me around outside of the thread.

Also, Hospital?!
Not to lay a truth bomb but you haven't learned my whole story of why that line and that song made me actually demand the tag.

We all have those weeks, man.

milena87

I finally finished Pillars of Eternity last night.

Personally, I loved it. I did every single side mission and it took me around 70 hours.
There were some frustrating moments, but mostly because I kinda made those moments frustrating. Path of the Damned and the Zero Knockout achievements were a tough combo. I reloaded a lot.
I think 2 hours were spent fighting the Adra Dragon. I killed it 3 times before finally being able to kill it, while keeping the adds at bay and not having one of my companions die in the process. It was really rewarding.
The Adra dragon, some of the bounty missions and the two fights with Raedric were probably the most difficult fights in the game for me

It's not a perfect game, but I guess my problems with it comes from the fact that they were set on doing a Baldur's Gate spiritual successor, instead of a Planescape Torment spiritual successor.
Because, while I like the combat, I think there are too many fights in Pillars and no way to avoid them, except during some side quests.

Anyway, the story is great. I like how souls have such an important role in this universe. Exploring this theme, the connection with the gods, the role of the ancient Engwithans and
the uncertainty of the universe
... it's all pretty great.
Oh, and I came to like all the companions as well, even Durance!

I can't wait for the expansion, hoping that they'll reduce the mandatory fights and create more ways to avoid them :)

Sendou

Broken Age - part 1 was such a cool game that I have hard time thinking that I wouldn't like the part 2. Reviews seem mainly positive too.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Not to lay a truth bomb but you haven't learned my whole story of why that line and that song made me actually demand the tag.

We all have those weeks, man.

I don't mean to belittle your tag of choice (I love it a lot!), and I've had a clue as to what's gone on with you so I feel it works really well. But what if I similarly wanted a tag that held similar weight to me? Just because it wasn't a lyric from a specific band, I can't request it and get it too? Just seems silly to me that I wouldn't be offered the same courtesy and would instead be dogpiled into getting one I'd really rather not have.

Dr Dogg

Another Batman AK trailer (this must be a record along with all the teasers).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1036504

I was super stoked (that has to be co-op right? Right?!?!?!) but then the very last seconds of the trailer up pops the Exclusive Content to a certain platform holder splash screen. Urghhh this fucking industry man. Hopefully it isn't anything special like the Origins Playstation content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom