• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're not alone. The Nuuvem price is tempting, but the game says nothing to me.

And I hate driving cars in games. So yeah...
i mean sounds like a cool game and everything, just not one that i'm too interested to get into, specially since i found arkham city to not really be what i wanted

i liked the super focused no filler size of asylum better

Eh, I'd LOVE an RPG set in the modern world. Alpha Protocol and Vampire Bloodlines are both amazing. But apparently they don't sell enough :/

Oh, and I hate giant spiders as well, simply because they're everywhere. Why not creating a disgusting version of an insect for a change? Or, better yet, no disgusting giant things at all?

Yeah, turn based combat is totally fine of course. I loved it in Divinity, for example. Unfortunately I much prefer rtwp :p

Oh, I'm not much of a fan of classes either. At least not in single player game. I like to create a character the way I like it, without restrictions.

tbh i don't mind classes, and i think they're cool in like a game like eternity that it's gonna have like multiple party members and whatever. i think it's actually pretty alright and it seems like eternity tried to give every class an interesting spin

but if it's gonna be like fallout in which you're "you" and then there are like follower npcs then i like it better the other way, specially because fallout has a lot of focus on out-of-combat stuff so having your class dictate those things is not so cool

how is that different from ignoring?
I kid, I kid
You are free to ignore, upvote or downvote anything, it's your choice. I simply post what's interesting on greenlight because I go through those piles of shit daily, if you were, you would know that what I post is basically amazing... comparing to the rest, that doesn't mean that you need to jump on every half decent game. As I said it's your choice. ;)
haha yeah, basically nothing of this looks "terrible", but it's probably not something that interests me

I was lucky enough that my neighbour was a doctor and she recommended my mom really good doctor that solved my asthma and allergies problem. I was allergic to dust, ambrosia and pollen and spring was really tough time for me. But dc insisted that i use minimal amount of medicaments and that my organism needs to fight. That was when i was 8-9 years old. And few years later (beginning of high school) Everything was gone. Now i don;t have any issues and i can spend whole day in dusty environment or on open areas during spring without issues. But because i had issues since i was 6 year old there was a period before i went to that doctor and i was taking some serious medications and i was on inhalations every week and because of that i now have week teeths and my lung volume/capacity is not that great.

I hope that you will be fine in couple of days/weeks.

And regarding Batman MP. Online COOP =/= MP :D

I was prescribed some potent topical corticosteroids so hopefully they should help with the skin. I had asthma when I was younger too, but right now rather than growing out of allergies, I'm growing into them. I can't eat some fresh fruit (apples, kiwis, peaches, etc) like I used to.

Milamber

I hear that. There is a history of high blood pressure in my family and now that I'm older, I find I can't eat like before without getting a slight headache or wooziness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If the Nightdive/NOLF situation shows, legal ownership to distribute software is a lot more complicated than a copyright notice on the back of a box.

The NOLF situation has always been complicated, though. Based on the data we do have, Fox owns the original game but WB (by way of having bought Monolith) owns the Cate Archer character; NOLF 2 is co-owned by Fox and WB but it's the latter that owns the "A Spy in HARM's Way" subtitle; and Contract JACK is entirely owned (game and trademark) by WB.

After ND announced it'd given up, I suspected WB would take its place, but funnily enough, since WB failed to oppose ND's trademark filing, ND was actually awarded the trademark (I guess it couldn't cancel proceedings?) and now WB has no choice but to wait several months for the listing to expire due to ND not submitting the required Statement of Use form:

Status: Notice of Allowance (NOA) sent (issued) to the applicant. Applicant must file a Statement of Use or Extension Request within six months of the NOA issuance date.

Status Date: Mar. 24, 2015

If WB intends to go after the trademark, then there's still a chance the games will see the light of day again... but not until 2016.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The NOLF situation has always been complicated, though. Based on the data we do have, Fox owns the original game but WB (by way of having bought Monolith) owns the Cate Archer character; NOLF 2 is co-owned by Fox and WB but it's the latter that owns the "A Spy in HARM's Way" subtitle; and Contract JACK is entirely owned (game and trademark) by WB.

talk about clusterfuck ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How's KF2? I heard it's really great even for an EA.

This looks to be an even better DRAGON game
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332070/

it's a port of their old game, it's kinda lackluster

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm yeah, i gotta recommend starting over in if you're gonna play broken age act 2

i've been stuck a lot in puzzles so far and you get such a huge laundry list of items to find early on, specially on shay's side, i dunno if i like that

other than that i've had a good amount of laughs and awwwwwwws so at least the writing's still pretty charming

C'mon every upvote is a possible +1 for Jase
after that fake saoirse quit I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE

dex3108

No COOP for Bats :(

For the first time ever, watch Batman: Arkham Knight’s exciting new “Dual Play” mechanic in action as you switch seamlessly between The Dark Knight and his allies including Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman in free-flow combat.

With his back against the wall, Batman turns to his closest allies to help him save Gotham City from the clutches of Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight’s army. A familiar face also returns to give The Dark Knight a message he cannot ignore…

MoH 2010 and Warfighter really aren't that bad.

The campaign really clicked for me emotionally, not because of the setting, but because of how fucked up war can be. I think I was putting some of my own Narc war experience into it. What I don't understand is why it was this game that activated all them feels.

Arthea

Rune Factory 4 style gameplay with generations of families with inherited stats and with multiplayer battles and hentai romancing.

yeah, good luck with ever getting all that from indie devs

As for Wild Season, as I posted before it's very very far from finished. I doubt we will be playing it this year, I'm not even sure about 2016, tbh.
Most gameplay mechanics aren't implemented yet, and story wise only one season is done - Spring, while Summer is "half finished".

edited: actually I don't see any harm in posting what's in the game one time, here it is

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“The game is still on its way completion, but the artwork and soundtrack will be consistent with the Full Release. For now, the Early Access Build has the following implementations:

Spring Story Content
Some Summer Content (buggy)
Keyboard Support
Farming with Basic Crops
Daily Dialogues with Characters
Horse Betting

The full game will have the following features:

Full Story Content from Spring till end game
Mouse Support
Balancing of features
Additional Features, namely
Mining
Fishing
Planting Flowers and Trees
Relationship Interactions
Festivals and Contests
Mini-Games
Voice-Overs and Sound Effects
Customisation for Backer Add-ons

”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Wild Season is in Early Beta. The game is still a while away from completion, and many features/game mechanics are still incomplete or subject to change. Any issues with the beta are due to the unfinished code and is not a representative of the final product. Regardless, enjoy the experience and give us feedback!”

Dr Dogg

The NOLF situation has always been complicated, though...

Hahaha oh don't mind me I'm just being the grumpy voice in the corner. There are still things to clear up with the Wolf 09 issue and it's disappearance first though that I would think would be a better first line of enquiry than just straight up asking for Bethesda/ZeniMax to bring it back. Though when you look at it Quake 4 is pretty much the same setup. IP owned by id, game developed by Raven on a modified version of id Tech 4 with publishing done by Activision (although it looks like distribution is all over the place).

Now there could be plenty of other finer and complicated details such as subsequent distribution rights and ownership of code that no one is privy too unless they happen to have details of the various contracts. Or it could be neglect since ZeniMax acquiring id and not knowing what they own or is in limbo which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Maybe they do know and don't think it's worth the effort which would be really stupid but again wouldn't surprise me at all.

No COOP for Bats :(

Well that dream died very quickly. So it's just flashy finishers then? Seems a bit OTT.

Jawmuncher

The campaign really clicked for me emotionally, not because of the setting, but because of how fucked up war can be. I think I was putting some of my own Narc war experience into it. What I don't understand is why it was this game that activated all them feels.

The last bit got me as well. Was really surprised it did as well. Sadly warfighter drops that style and pretty much just goes action. There's a attempt there through out the game to show the hardships with family, but it just doesn't work out.

JaseC

Hahaha oh don't mind me I'm just being the grumpy voice in the corner. There are still things to clear up with the Wolf 09 issue and it's disappearance first though that I would think would be a better first line of enquiry than just straight up asking for Bethesda/ZeniMax to bring it back. Though when you look at it Quake 4 is pretty much the same setup. IP owned by id, game developed by Raven on a modified version of id Tech 4 with publishing done by Activision (although it looks like distribution is all over the place).

Now there could be plenty of other finer and complicated details such as subsequent distribution rights and ownership of code that no one is privy too unless they happen to have details of the various contracts. Or it could be neglect since ZeniMax acquiring id and not knowing what they own or is in limbo which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Maybe they do know and don't think it's worth the effort which would be really stupid but again wouldn't surprise me at all.

I realised a short while ago that Wolf09 is in a "Zenimax Combo" sub, which suggests to me that it definitely has the rights as it otherwise wouldn't have been able to add the game to the sub in the first place.

Jawmuncher

So what am I supposed to not like about GTAV? Because so far I'm liking all of it. This is everything GTA4 should have been. The 3 player mechanic is cool, and I love how they'll change clothes or you'll catch them doing different things when you switch. Really helps to make the world feel like it's constantly moving even when you aren't there. Really the only complaint I have right now is that Taxis can be a little annoying. Nothing worse than "we're sending a taxi" waiting calling back and they say "sorry we have no cabs available".

Dr Dogg

I realised a short while ago that Wolf09 is in a "Zenimax Combo" sub. It definitely has the rights, otherwise it wouldn't have been able to add the game to the sub in the first place.

Well fingers crossed it's just them being really dumb and not something that prevents them from distributing it commercially.

JaseC

Well fingers crossed it's just them being really dumb and not something that prevents them from distributing it commercially.

Both possibilities are equally bad at this stage, haha. Pete Hines told DocSeuss a wee bit more than a year ago that he'd look into Prey/Quake Wars/Wolf09 and then went silent.

Maniac

Banned
So what am I supposed to not like about GTAV? Because so far I'm liking all of it. This is everything GTA4 should have been. The 3 player mechanic is cool, and I love how they'll change clothes or you'll catch them doing different things when you switch. Really helps to make the world feel like it's constantly moving even when you aren't there. Really the only complaint I have right now is that Taxis can be a little annoying. Nothing worse than "we're sending a taxi" waiting calling back and they say "sorry we have no cabs available".

It's nearly a culmination of every good aspect of all the past GTA games. I think it's brilliant. Sure there's a lot of missed potential but it's the definitive GTA game thus far, imo.

And that taxi thing sounds like real life around 'ere, hah.

Tizoc

If WB intends to go after the trademark, then there's still a chance the games will see the light of day again... but not until 2016.

Well hey with everything like Halo 5, UC4, etc. releasing in 2016, that doesn't sound too bad IMO :p

Sarcasm

Online. Hate that. When you do start online let's grind some levels okay.

Though honestly miss the diving and even cover mechanic of 4 but I love gtav more still.

JaseC

So would it just be a case where they don't want to pay royalties to VA or something?

It's my understanding that residual-based payments in video game voice acting are virtually non-existent. Publishers prefer to treat the jobs as contract work and just pay upfront for the actor's time.

Grief.exe

You didn't need to make me all sad and stuff :(

Although, iirc, doesn't Bethesda own Wolf '09 now? Or am I mistaken? :eek:

edit: I should really read one sodding post down before replying, hah! Go find that secret sauce, my boss

Yeah, he found out about that a little later. I'm not sure why I'd long believed Acti owned game. Maybe I looked at a fan-made cover that had the wrong legal info.

I checked a good deal of covers for the game that I could find online, and I came to the same conclusion you did. Everything directly states that the rights belong to iD, and now by extension Bethesda, with publishing handled by Activision.

I still think we should keep Activision in the loop as well. Just in case there is some kind of hang up going on from their end, and, most importantly, it increases our likelihood of getting in touch with the right people. The people we tweeted from Bethesda may completely ignore us, while someone from Activision may know the perfect person to call.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see Broken Age Act 2 was disappointing. May I suggest something to take away the bad taste?
lifeisstrange.jpg

Episode 2 didn't took too long to come out and it wasnt disappointing like BA Act 2. XOXO

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

JaseC

I still think we should keep Activision in the loop as well. Just in case there is some kind of hang up going on from their end, and, most importantly, it increases our likelihood of getting in touch with the right people. The people we tweeted from Bethesda may completely ignore us, while someone from Activision may know the perfect person to call.

Acti: "Have you tried the ghostbusters?"

Turfster

Full game's really good, just get it mang, one of the best PC games of last year, and one of the best PS4 games to release later this year too.
Did you miss the part earlier this month where I said I basically have no money to buy games for probably the rest of the year? =p

First day of the GamesRepublic birthday sale, 11bit studios & Devolver games up to 80% off
They seem to be crumbling under the interest, though.

sthelegend

Neo Member
So my friends birthday is coming up and she enjoys story rich games like To The Moon allot and i was wondering what are other story rich games on steam? She doesn't like fps that much and she cares more about the story than about the gameplay.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nzyme32

So my friends birthday is coming up and she enjoys story rich games like To The Moon allot and i was wondering what are other story rich games on steam? She doesn't like fps that much and she cares more about the story than about the gameplay.

Walking Dead comes to mind immediately

Sendou

This for sure. Great game.

Gone Home is a controversial one but I really enjoyed it. The Walking Dead is probably my favorite as far as story driven games go. Life is Strange has a lot of promise but has only two episodes out. Valiant Hearts is a good choice too.

Is there a way to play that game without a controller? Or do you have to use a controller because she doesn't have a controller for her computer.

Yes there is but I wouldn't recommend playing it without a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom