• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I think you need a controller :(

You can play without a controller but it's more pain than it's worth.

So my friends birthday is coming up and she enjoys story rich games like To The Moon allot and i was wondering what are other story rich games on steam? She doesn't like fps that much and she cares more about the story than about the gameplay.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you're going TT go with the best TT game.

You could also probably just add this in as well. It's made by To The Moon Devs. Short and Cheap

Anteater

Weird, i guess setting graphics to high in the Prince of Persia 2008 launcher didn't quite work so I've been playing the game all this time with no post processing effects.

Mindblown after I messed with the slider and seeing the shadows and depth of field blur in the game..

Turfster

So my friends birthday is coming up and she enjoys story rich games like To The Moon allot and i was wondering what are other story rich games on steam? She doesn't like fps that much and she cares more about the story than about the gameplay.

Life is Strange
The Monkey Island remakes
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade/the Fate of Atlantis
Unrest
Wolf Among Us
The Blackwell Pentalogy
The Shivah
Gemini Rue
The Fall (has some tricky platforming bits and shooty bits, though)

sthelegend

Neo Member
This for sure. Great game.

Gone Home is a controversial one but I really enjoyed it. The Walking Dead is probably my favorite as far as story driven games go. Life is Strange has a lot of promise but has only two episodes out. Valiant Hearts is a good choice too.

Yes there is but I wouldn't recommend playing it without a controller.

I think you need a controller :(

Too bad i don't think that will work for her then :( but thanks for the recommendation!

If you're going TT go with the best TT game.

You could also probably just add this in as well. It's made by To The Moon Devs. Short and Cheap
[/QUOTE]

Life is Strange
Unrest
Wolf Among Us
The Blackwell Pentalogy
The Shivah
Gemini Rue

Thank you both! I will check those out when i got some time : )

Let's get this started.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161724250#post161724250
http://www.nrcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/newsteam-assemble-gif.gif
https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/592536397304594432
OSMcRjP.png
Wish you good luck! Remember you also wanting No One Lives Forever.

It's a weird fight for me. Even if it comes back I won't be able to play it here :(

Apparently there was some kerfuffle with Germany in the 30-40s..
The console-exclusive demo will never come out on PC I assume?
Would have been nice at least.
So what am I supposed to not like about GTAV? Because so far I'm liking all of it. This is everything GTA4 should have been. The 3 player mechanic is cool, and I love how they'll change clothes or you'll catch them doing different things when you switch. Really helps to make the world feel like it's constantly moving even when you aren't there. Really the only complaint I have right now is that Taxis can be a little annoying. Nothing worse than "we're sending a taxi" waiting calling back and they say "sorry we have no cabs available".
It's nearly a culmination of every good aspect of all the past GTA games. I think it's brilliant. Sure there's a lot of missed potential but it's the definitive GTA game thus far, imo.
And that taxi thing sounds like real life around 'ere, hah.
You guys. You are not doing me any favors here.
Fine. I'm gonna play GTA4 until GTAV hits 5 bucks.. grumble grumble
Yeah, you can't use VPNs there anymore. You can only buy games specifically opened to international purchases.
Say, I know someone resident in South America. He could buy every game without restrictions and give me the key, right?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Life is Strange
Unrest
Wolf Among Us
The Blackwell Pentalogy
The Shivah
Gemini Rue
I'd add The Walking Dead and The Cat Lady to the list. I also liked the plot from Remember Me a lot.

Why would you punish yourself with a bad port and bad game?
I never played Episodes and there should be mods help migitate couple things.
It's not a perfect solution but what can I do? Spend 60 bucks? lol

And I heard Episodes especially Tony did improve on the base experience?

Sendou

Why would you punish yourself with a bad port and bad game?

I have to say I never understood the hate people have towards GTA IV. Especially the DLC was fantastic. Then again it was my entry to GTA franchise so I had no expectations and didn't play it on PC.

Jawmuncher

I never played Episodes and there should be mods help migitate couple things.
It's not a perfect solution but what can I do? Spend 60 bucks? lol

And I heard Episodes especially Tony did improve on the base experience?

I have to say I never understood the hate people have towards GTA IV. Especially the DLC was fantastic. Then again it was my entry to GTA franchise so I had no expectations and didn't play it on PC.

Episodes was good and the only part of GTA4 I would tell people to play. GTA4 base game took itself far too seriously and took away more than it added.

Kentucky Route Zero.

It's not complete (2 more Acts remaining) but I've always been a fan of giving gifts that continue to give, like subscriptions to stuff. And it totally nails what you're looking for.

Kagemusha

Battle Block theatre
Detective Case and Clown Bot
Detective Grimoire
Recettear
Runaway
Skyborn

Jawmuncher

not even a single mention of Trails
as a story rich and not boring to boot
? seriously? SERIOUSLY?

"She doesn't like fps that much and she cares more about the story than about the gameplay."

No one is gonna recommend a JRPG with that length to someone who doesn't really care about the gameplay.

Turfster

I'd add The Walking Dead and The Cat Lady to the list. I also liked the plot from Remember Me a lot.

Walking Dead had already been mentioned previously, so I didn't list it.
I thought about listing Remember Me, but the eh combat could get really boring for someone not interested in that kind of gameplay.

Didn't list Syberia because of the unresolved cliffhanger either (which is also partially why I didn't list Anachronox, besides the JRPG approaching game length ;)

Cognition has an okay story, but the puzzles can be fucking rage-inducingly obtuse, so didn't list that one either.

Murdered Soul Suspect has good writing, but most of it is tied up in collectible hunting, so I don't know if she'd be interested in that. (Also those tacked on 'stealth' gameplay sections are lame as fuck)

Oh, another Lucasarts oldie: The Dig

Arthea

"She doesn't like fps that much and she cares more about the story than about the gameplay."

No one is gonna recommend a JRPG with that length to someone who doesn't really care about the gameplay.

It's still the best game story-wise of all mentioned, so there is that. It is not short, that's true.
edited: well may be not that much as story-wise, as liking a story is subjective, as writing-wise and most fun.

I enjoyed this one a lot, if she likes point and click adventures I think she'd like it, it has a great story and all chapters are great except one which is a little weak.

I even did a review for it.

redlacs

i would suggest The Cat Lady

(WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends in 03:50:37 - 2,69€)

btw Brothers is also really good suggestion. I just wanted to add that controller isnt needed, even though i will probably sound like someone from the other side, who would say its possible to play first person shooter with controller rather than with keyboard. well, i never had controller so i havent missed it. played the whole thing controlling both characters with keyboard and it was great. the only pain i felt was when my butt was going numb due to a long session

dex3108

So i need to do Win reinstall something is really wrong with it. I called MS Support and they told me that i can download Win 8.1 and install via Media Creation Tool even though i own Win 8 Pro Upgrade licence. So SteamGAF did any of you did same thing? I can now do clean Win8.1 install with Win8 Upgrade key?

Parsnip

I'm both glad and sad that the Arkham Knight stuff wasn't co-op.
It would be a cool idea, but I don't really play co-op that much anyway, so I'm glad that it's not locking Catwoman behind a mode I don't care about.

Phinor

DiRT Rally

Early Access

Oh oh oh! I really hope they have managed to make it feel more like you are driving a rally car than their previous efforts. I'm not expecting Richard Burns Rally, but I'm hoping it's more sophisticated than previous Dirt games were.

Can't wait for user comments. This could be major but again, have to keep expectations low for now.

dex3108

I just wanted to point out that for a "dead platform" PC is saving and making possible for many devs to stay in business :D

P.S. Nuuvem is now using English to inform you that ky will be released later.

bznacAx.png

Arthea

hey, at least they're making good games .... and this new DiRT sounds awesome ... no more of that gymkhana bullshit ... it's back to pure rally!!! <3 <3 <3

"it's like Flight Simulator in the world of rally" ....

*looks at new Overlord"
are we sure about this?

edited: BTW, whatever happened to that Next Car Game? I still can't believe they named it in such a way.
not codemasters related, was just curious.

yeah, we're sure .... it's not a moba - that's all I need to know :p if it's something like Gauntlet - I'm totally ok with that :)

you maybe sure, I am not, I'll reserve my judgement until further notice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
edited: BTW, whatever happened to that Next Car Game? I still can't believe they named it in such a way.
not codemasters related, was just curious.

It had a slight name change to Next Car Game: Wreckfest. The NCG portion will probably be dropped when it leaves Early Access.

Dr Dogg

I don't know how you could confuse GoatZed with Goatse. Maybe some of you talk funny :p

I just wanted to point out that for a "dead platform" PC is saving and making possible for many devs to stay in business :D

P.S. Nuuvem is now using English to inform you that ky will be released later.

http://i.imgur.com/bznacAx.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Although it works out £7 cheaper from Nuuvem, I'm not giving up my physical preorder for the world. That shit will be a collectors item I tell you! A useless collectors item but a very limited one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom