• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Although it works out £7 cheaper from Nuuvem, I'm not giving up my physical preorder for the world. That shit will be a collectors item I tell you! A useless collectors item but a very limited one at that.

Yeah like Floppy Disk is collectors item today. At least you will have nice Batman Coaster :D

Uq8Tl3g.jpg
LxtV1FY.jpg
ZpTGTbb.jpg

Oh man, oh man. Hmpf.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition a PC only, early access, hardcore rally sim called Dirt from the Codies.

Be interesting to see where it goes, 36 stages already, so 12 per rally. Obviously there will be some repetition like in real life, but it will be nice to see stages longer that 2-4 mins, hopefully!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition a PC only, early access, hardcore rally sim called Dirt from the Codies.

Be interesting to see where it goes, 36 stages already, so 12 per rally. Obviously there will be some repetition like in real life, but it will be nice to see stages longer that 2-4 mins, hopefully!

ok, I just played it for a bit (with a gamepad) ... it feels EXACTLY like the old Colin McRae games .... it's INCREDIBLY good!!!

Dr Dogg

ULTRA on 720p, on Youtube, heh.

Well let's be honest judging image quality based off YouTube footage, even if it was 2560x1440 is bloody pointless when the grubby uploader get's it's filthy hands on it and compresses you high bitratre video to macro blocked rubbish.

Well let's be honest judging image quality based off YouTube footage, even if it was 2560x1440 is bloody pointless when the grubby uploader get's it's filthy hands on it and compresses you high bitratre video to macro blocked rubbish.
I know, that's why emphasizing on "ultra" is pointless, no one would have known.

kiyomi

Does this happen to anyone else? Been happening for like the past week or so. Feels like every other page within Steam I try to visit, it fails to load/format (look at the top left) properly. Using the Windows 8.1/Metro skin FWIW.

Sarcasm

Does this happen to anyone else? Been happening for like the past week or so. Feels like every other page within Steam I try to visit, it fails to load/format (look at the top left) properly. Using the Windows 8.1/Metro skin FWIW.

YES ANNOYING!@

Maybe be a skin issue though.

Dr Dogg

I know, that's why emphasizing on "ultra" is pointless, no one would have known.

Hahaha fair enough. Though on a slightly related note, the latest Arkham Knight bullshots are infuriating as with the camera angle used they are not representative of gameplay, they are at least 4 times the resolution they have been posted and the worse thing is have been sharpened to the moon and back that you can see the tell-tell halos around almost every object and character a mile off. Video game promotion really is the new selling Snake Oil. Well I say new but this has been going on for donkeys years.

Hahaha fair enough. Though on a slightly related note, the latest Arkham Knight bullshots are infuriating as with the camera angle used they are not representative of gameplay, they are at least 4 times the resolution they have been posted and the worse thing is have been sharpened to the moon and back that you can see the tell-tell halos around almost every object and character a mile off. Video game promotion really is the new selling Snake Oil. Well I say new but this has been going on for donkeys years.

After how shit Arkham City ran with DX11 features, i'll gladly wait to see what stupid thing is going to ruin everyone's framerate this time around. The only issue i had with Oranges was that i couldn't max out PhysX (which is fine, i've only got one videocard and PhysX almost always looks out of place in max settings anyhow) so at least those Montreal folks can optimize their games.

madjoki

The YouTube video download plug-in I have installed offers 1080p as an option. Maybe the actual res of the video is above 720p but not close enough to 1080p for YouTube's player.

[info] Available formats for F_eRUq1PQPE:
format code extension resolution note
140 m4a audio only DASH audio 129k , m4a_dash container, aac @128k (44100Hz), 9.27MiB
141 m4a audio only DASH audio 256k , m4a_dash container, aac @256k (44100Hz), 18.42MiB
160 mp4 256x144 DASH video 112k , 15fps, video only, 7.88MiB
133 mp4 426x240 DASH video 250k , 30fps, video only, 17.68MiB
134 mp4 640x360 DASH video 609k , 30fps, video only, 39.96MiB
135 mp4 854x480 DASH video 1117k , 30fps, video only, 76.55MiB
298 mp4 1280x720 DASH video 3350k , h264, 60fps, video only, 227.93MiB
137 mp4 1920x1080 DASH video 4506k , 30fps, video only, 294.30MiB
17 3gp 176x144
36 3gp 320x240
5 flv 400x240
18 mp4 640x360
22 mp4 1280x720 (best)

Yeah, it has 1080p but only at 30fps. Maybe that's why it doesn't show.

Kiru

Skin probably just needs an update.

garath

Bought Mordor. Man am I impressed with the performance. It's a rock solid 60fps on my i5 2500k @ 4.2, 970. Lots of fun too.

I just couldn't pass up the $25 price tag with full season pass. GTA V is taking a break while I play this gem.

Having a 4K TV makes me sad, gsync obviously isn't there so that's weird to get used to compared to my RoG Swift and given I have one 780Ti most modern games are barely playable at 30 FPS. I need that 980Ti now ;-;

Jawmuncher

Having a 4K TV makes me sad, gsync obviously isn't there so that's weird to get used to compared to my RoG Swift and given I have one 780Ti most modern games are barely playable at 30 FPS. I need that 980Ti now ;-;

For the longest time I thought your name was Rico The Guru

Zia

My current MP rotation of TF2, GO and Dota 2 is really, really stale right now. Anyone have a recommendations for other MP games with a high skill ceiling, that are relatively polished, that aren't Hearthstone (love the game, hate the grind and/or monetary commitment) or Heroes of the Storm (too Baby Dota for me)?

Jawmuncher

My current MP rotation of TF2, GO and Dota 2 is really, really stale right now. Anyone have a recommendations for other MP games with a high skill ceiling, that are relatively polished, that aren't Hearthstone (love the game, hate the grind and/or monetary commitment) or Heroes of the Storm (too Baby Dota for me)?

Quake live, if it's not one of those baby servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom