• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Not being a fan of Metal Gear, Silent Hill, or Soccer, hearing all this stuff about Konami is like hearing about an uprising in Andorra.

Like, I feel for you guys, but I'm not actualizing it in any way.

I'll have you know that the Principality of Andorra is a semi sort of tax haven for people in the EU to get cheap booze and cigarettes duty free. Any troubles over there would be treated as serious, serious business.

I_aint_even_mad.gif

<3
Whatever happened to Puar?

Yamcha_and_Puar.png

i forgot the little cat even existed. they wiped it out of existence bruh.

Knurek

That Blackguards Franchise Bundle. So how's Blackguards, I don't see much talk about it.

Blackguards 1 is a decent sRPG. Nothing groundbreaking, but worth a buck (you got it from $1 Humble tier, didn't you?)
Blackguards 2 is very much like DA2 when compared to DA:O.

So, is Melody's Escape a casual version of BIT.TRIP Runner?

Annubis

Not all of these messages are going to be from customers. Sure, the more angry and outrageous ones are, but I imagine they're also getting tons of email from the press (both gaming and non-gaming alike) as well as emails from other publishers, other modders, copyright holders, and who knows what else that may be important.

Like any business, they'll have a workflow in place that will require them to respond to a good number of these things for publicity, business, and legal reasons. Then they can ignore all the customer-generated hate mail.

But keep in mind also that they don't just have a single inbox where all of this stuff is getting dumped - it's spread out and has probably reached every mailbox in their organization. Which means everyone that works at Valve is probably dealing with sorting through these emails and finding the important ones that require a response.

I kind of ran the numbers and with 6 people working 4 hours overtime a day, it would take around 27 weeks to go through a million dollar backlog.

Probably already posted but:

RPG Maker 2003 is now on Steam.

All my WHY.jpg isn't it redundant with VX out there?

Isn't Asia (i.e. Japan) still developing tons of games on 2003 ?
Not sure why they don't want to move to VX Ace.
Probably tons of custom made scripts that wouldn't transfer well.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
great... Suikoden not even exists in Konami fail lists anymore (._.)

what did u expect from bus? he hates anime >_<

suikoden's 108 stars of destiny will always have a special place in my heart

Let me go over the specifics for myself:

• Last entry in series released on PSP in 2012
  • Is anime
I don't even think my brain will allow me to process the memory of what we're talking about. Like, I'm the guy from Momento right now except I'm looking at a polaroid and the note to myself is in wingdings.

I'll have you know that the Principality of Andorra is a semi sort of tax haven for people in the EU to get cheap booze and cigarettes duty free. Any troubles over there would be treated as serious, serious business.

Amend my analogy to the Native American reservation of your choice if you're from Europe.

Vlad

Just some stuff from the latest BundleStars that didn't seem like my cup o' tea...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Postmortem: One Must Die -- MB-22906EDAA70F54C7 - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Party of Sin -- MB-0430B53D25A84EAF - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge -- MB-C9D9A88C6A31EB20 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-D632A433BEF62A7E

t1430167610z1.png

Arthea

Blackguards 1 is a decent sRPG. Nothing groundbreaking, but worth a buck (you got it from $1 Humble tier, didn't you?)
Blackguards 2 is very much like DA2 when compared to DA:O.

So, is Melody's Escape a casual version of BIT.TRIP Runner?

I got? I don't think I have Blackguards. Which bundle was it?
lemme check

edited: OK, I have it, totally forgot! (><)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
This looks stunning. Is the game fun?

oh ... it totally is :) provided you like rally sims ... and you liked the old Colin McRae games :)

and 100% user rating on steam just speaks for itself :) (yeah, I know it's 97% now with only 1 negative review ... but that one guy gave a negative because "no co-pilot voice" ... except there IS a co-pilot in the game ... and he has a voice :p)

Arthea

Let me go over the specifics for myself:

• Last entry in series released on PSP in 2012
  • Is anime
I don't even think my brain will allow me to process the memory of what we're talking about. Like, I'm the guy from Momento right now except I'm looking at a polaroid and the note to myself is in wingdings.

Amend my analogy to the Native American reservation of your choice if you're from Europe.

only Suikoden is life, universe and everything
you can't hate life, universe and everything, well, technically you can, but it never ends well.

I wish last entry was in 2012... in fact it was in... 2006. (._.)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
only Suikoden is life, universe and everything
you can't hate life, universe and everything, well, technically you can, but it never ends well.

I wish last entry was in 2012... in fact it was in... 2006. (._.)

What game are we talking about again?

Turfster

Will bite on Mass Effect, because EA only bothered to put the direct sequel in their humble bundle.

Sort of relevant, but if anyone's thinking about getting Dragon Age Origins from the Steam weeklong, get the Humble Bundle. It's in the PWYW tier for 24 more hours.
Hell, you can get both tiers for the price of just DA:O

Wow... that daily is good if you don't have any of the Blackguards games... but if you only want Blackguards 2? It's ridiculous. Blackguards 2 as a standalone purchase is $10 more expensive than the bundle. Ugh.

--

More importantly, Dr. Dogg helped me get acquainted with MSI Afterburner... and now I know that my problems with Sacred 3 come from the fact that it refuses to use my GPU almost at all.

Dungeon Siege 3: 60% power, 22% GPU use
Killing Floor 2: 65% power, 49% GPU use
Sacred 3: 60% power, 5% GPU use

Now if only I had any idea how to force it to actually make use of my gtx 770.

Try changing power management mode to prefer maximum performance on your nvidia control panel? Better change it in Sacred 3 profile though and not the global settings.

I have that set at prefer max already, as Watchdogs was crashing left and right without it set that way.

I don't recall the slowdown when the game came out ... so I have to think maybe the game got a patch after the initial launch week that did something negative to the game? Or something in the nVidia drivers or the fact that I updated my BIOS recently... it's infuriating, whatever the cause.

oh ... it totally is :) provided you like rally sims ... and you liked the old Colin McRae games :)

and 100% user rating on steam just speaks for itself :) (yeah, I know it's 97% now with only 1 negative review ... but that one guy gave a negative because "no co-pilot voice" ... except there IS a co-pilot in the game ... and he has a voice :p)

I think the voice thing may be a bug because someone in the other thread about the game mentioned it too...so probably something they have to patch

didamangi

I have that set at prefer max already, as Watchdogs was crashing left and right without it set that way.

I don't recall the slowdown when the game came out ... so I have to think maybe the game got a patch after the initial launch week that did something negative to the game? Or something in the nVidia drivers or the fact that I updated my BIOS recently... it's infuriating, whatever the cause.

Checking out the steam forums and found this post. Looks like a bug, either on nvidia or the game side. You could try downgrading but eh.

Ozium

Silent Hills was officially cancelled.

but this was pretty much surmised since the kojima fallout so I don't know why everyone is so shocked

edit: to other people.. who cares about slot machines? I still don't get why people are so surprised given the last few weeks events regarding Konami that all of a sudden now people are making a big deal of it.. I thought this shit had passed... I thought it was known, khaleesi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom