• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, there will be a Konami press conference at E3? wow

Not that I know of? Fork Parker is just joking. Squeenix and Bethesda will have one, which were the big news. Then the console guys. Dunno if Nintendo will have on or will stick to their direct/treehouse stuff from last year.

what? That didn't even make sense.
There are games that are on Origin and steam, also there games that are only on gog. What exactly gog did to you? I don't remember them praising Strider or even selling it.
If anything gog compliments steam, because it sells drm free games, while Origin wants to replace steam.

Oh, so I can go decide to buy and play GTA5 and Killing Floor 2 and Mortal Kombat X through Origin? Now who's crazy?
Granted, you can't buy and play those through GOG either, but someday you might... I doubt you'll ever see any of those on Origin.

I'll just leave this small sample list of some of the titles on GOG here:

WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT, THE
CRAWL
KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM
BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE
DEUS EX™ GOTY EDITION
THIEF™ 2: THE METAL AGE
SYSTEM SHOCK™ 2
INDIANA JONES® AND THE FATE OF ATLANTIS™
PSYCHONAUTS
WITCHER 2: ASSASSINS OF KINGS, THE - ENHANCED EDITION
THIEF™ GOLD
RAYMAN ORIGINS
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: CALL OF PRIPYAT

Arthea

look at the title of the thread

as I said many times, when this thread will be free of lewd talk, retweets, watches talk, metro talk, bd talk, food talk, tea talk, movie talk, actresses talk, cats talk, personal issues talk, etc. I'll stick to steam only, deal? ;)

Oh, so I can go decide to buy and play GTA5 and Killing Floor 2 and Mortal Kombat X through Origin? Now who's crazy?
Granted, you can't buy and play those through GOG either, but someday you might... I doubt you'll ever see any of those on Origin.

If Origin and Uplay talk is OK, gog is OK too, that's all there is to it.
Also it is PC thread too, always was, IDK why suddenly we can talk about everything, but not about gog?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not that I know of? Fork Parker is just joking. Squeenix and Bethesda will have one, which were the big news. Then the console guys. Dunno if Nintendo will have on or will stick to their direct/treehouse stuff from last year.

I think it's possible Nintendo may attend E3 again when it looks to unveil the successor to the Wii U, but other than that I imagine it'll stick with online videos.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-C049FE7339194561 - Taken by Jawmuncher

I think it's possible Nintendo may attend E3 again when it looks to unveil the successor to the Wii U, but other than that I imagine it'll stick with online videos.

they'll do their directs and their usual USA Today stuff for E3 and call it a day.

we'll probably get a real E3 from them next year with the NX getting closer to being a real thing, though.

Jawmuncher

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-C049FE7339194561 - Taken by Jawmuncher

It was this
header.jpg

np. Dark Souls II is also going to be fun to go back to.
Played a bit. Still have to buy a PCIe WLAN crad so my chinese USB WLAN stick might have made troubles upping, sorry yo.

Here a webm. Dang it looks clean. Wow.
http://a.pomf.se/lsbiwa.webm
Shadowplay is such an awesome thing. So useful. So easy.
oh, I'm sorry - I wasn't aware I'm in the news-only-and-absolutely-nothing-else steam thread

oh, wait ...
Eh. lashman is probably one of the most on-topic guys I know here.
No drama, no anime. Just plain news. Whether dev tweets, reveals, patch notes etc.

He is basically a human news-OT.

Rock on lashman. You're good people.
Tried that -- Dr. Dogg had me downgrade to some Nvidia driver from the week or so prior to Sacred 3's release. Which means it's probably Sacred 3's bug.
I don't usually care for reviews. Had loads of fun with supposedly bad games. But dude, you have so much better games to play than this! Why waste time :p

11 year old me is very pleased with that 3d realms pack, but he also knows that he'll play blake stone for 5 minutes before he walks away wondering what else there is to do

Shadownet

Banned
I'm sure it will. I don't know when, but it will :p. Main reason why I didn't bought it on Nuuvem yet.

Maybe in May, after The Witcher 3? If at all...

I mean May is the month of Witcher 3.. how long has Witcher 3 been the promotion? If it just started recently then I think Batman won't be till beginning of June.

If I buy a 970 now. Can I hold the redemption code until Batman rotate into the promotion? or will they expired?

Sendou

And the Scandinavia expansion comes out real soon for Euro Truck Sim 2, which I'm buying day one.

So is Finland in this expansion or what? For some reason I have been having hard time finding an answer to this question. Haven't played ETS2 yet but I'm interested in doing so when I buy my first VR headset.

pahamrick

I mean May is the month of Witcher 3.. how long has Witcher 3 been the promotion? If it just started recently then I think Batman won't be till beginning of June.

If I buy a 970 now. Can I hold the redemption code until Batman rotate into the promotion? or will they expired?

The redemption code I got was explicitly for Witcher 3, and it expires on June 30th

madjoki

10th March - 31st March, codes expire 31st May. (EU).

I think it's longer in US/Asia, ending in 31st May and codes expire later.

June sounds plausible.

So is Finland in this expansion or what? For some reason I have been having hard time finding an answer to this question. Haven't played ETS2 yet but I'm interested in doing so when I buy my first VR headset.

No, Scandinavia only. :(

They should've done Going North instead.

Shadownet

Banned
So my choices are either wait till June to buy a GTX970 or buy it now and hope that someone will be willing to trade my Witcher 3 code for a BAtman code later on.

Tough decision.

zkylon

zkylewd
So my choices are either wait till June to buy a GTX970 or buy it now and hope that someone will be willing to trade my Witcher 3 code for a BAtman code later on.

Tough decision.

batman is kind of cheapo at nuuvem right now i think

like 26 usd or something

pahamrick

Tough decision.

The Witcher 3 code is GOG only, while Batman would most likely be a Steam code -- if that helps your decision any.

I had to buy now because my desktop GPUs died so I needed a replacement ASAP.

Still too much for it, especially considering WB's history with dropping the prices on Batman games and the heinous focus on the Batmobile for gameplay purposes.

You were missed, Frosty.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vlad, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Postmortem: One Must Die -- MB-22906EDAA70F54C7 - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Party of Sin -- MB-0430B53D25A84EAF - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge -- MB-C9D9A88C6A31EB20 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-D632A433BEF62A7E

t1430167610z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Vlad, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Postmortem: One Must Die -- MB-22906EDAA70F54C7 - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Party of Sin -- MB-0430B53D25A84EAF - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge -- MB-C9D9A88C6A31EB20 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-D632A433BEF62A7E

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Postmortem: One Must Die was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Party of Sin was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1430167669z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I hope this goes well, having Wolfenstein 09 on Steam would be great.

It'll also be nice to have this on Steam. I probably won't buy it at launch if it's $40 like the version you can buy from 3D Realms' website is, but I'll certainly get it at some point.

Still too much for it, especially considering WB's history with dropping the prices on Batman games and the heinous focus on the Batmobile for gameplay purposes.

Don't forget the almost inevitable GOTY Edition that'll be released at some point, considering that this is a Rocksteady Arkham game.

basically metal gear solid fans would forget how to breathe if kojima didn't tell them that holding your breath was a conspiracy by the freemasons and haliburton to overthrow the government of tanzania

So, can I fucking breathe or not?

Kojima? Answer me! Kojima?! KOJIMAAAAAAAA!

Tough decision.
I think the Witcher 3 will be the more memorable and longlasting game.
If you already own it though then well, yeah :p
939509_o.gif

Shadownet

Banned
People actually buy GOG codes on ebay?

Dunno, I love GOG, even if lately they did some crappy things. But Valve did the same, so...
I never use GOG before. Its drm-free eh? I mean, isn't that what everyone want? No DRM?

And yeah I already have Witcher 3. Once I get Batman, unless Mad Max is really good. I'm basically done with my major gaming purchase for the year.

Dsyndrome

Why did Vlad's Modbot giveaway get auto-reposted twice?

GOG's the place to go for really old / classic games with no DRM. Can't mod BG1 or 2 originals with the Steam versions. GOG's missing the community and achievements, but that should eventually change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom