• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I can post some impressions I have of it once I get it installed and run some benchmarks.
I would appreciate that. Thank you.

Because the batmobile combat sections and gameplay that forces you into those situations not only looks abysmal, but it's also terribly stupid.
Oh.. I guess I've seen like two trailers for it so far. But my bestfriend and I are super excited for it.
I didn't know they forces you into those situation. Its always crummy when a game force you to play a certain way I suppose, especially if its done poorly.

I would like a Batman game that... does not... rely heavily on Detective vision...
I can understand this. In the past games, being a detective is really easy. I wish it was more of a challenge, and a bigger part of the gameplay. At least interrogation seem to be a bigger part in this game.

xezuru

Personally, I wanted a Batman that's not a fkin beat em up. I mean when did random chronies be able to last any standing time toe to toe with Batman in any other medium. Personally, find the formula incredibly dull both mechanically and mentally(planning/scenarios). Would way prefer a full on stealth/gadget focused game.

Oh.. I guess I've seen like two trailers for it so far. But my bestfriend and I are super excited for it.
I didn't know they forces you into those situation. Its always crummy when a game force you to play a certain way I suppose, especially if its done poorly.

I saw the batmobile reveal, then the batmobile combat reveal, and then the first part of the ACE chemicals trailer and that's where I stopped giving a fuck.

arkham.trash.gif

Eternia

This XB1 Controller is so damn comfortable. A tad expensive, but I don't regret it.
It is pretty nice, completely replaced the 360 controller for me.

Hopefully Microsoft releases the Xbox One wireless adapter soon, is the release day still set at "sometime in the future"?
Don't think there has been anything else since the announcement of the adapter which mentioned "later this year". As long as they stick with that, I can live with it.

Dsyndrome

Fine, just ignore me, as usual.
It's not like I want you to play good games or anything.
I've already beaten the game, got all the achievements, and put a positive steam review out. What more do you want?
Edit: damn, missed that as I typed on mobile, no more paid mods!

I'm shocked that they changed their position so fast. The day that Bethesda comes out to defend the practice, it's gone. It's...it borders on unbelievable.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wow

valve reacted surprisingly fast

That's what I was thinking. Although the community backlash was enough to bring even GabeN out of hiding on a weekend, so I'm not surprised by this decision.

Strange that they removed it so quickly after the article Bethesda posted on their blog defending it though.

oipic

Well, this U-turn is a fitting outcome for what was an ill-considered and poorly implemented initiative in the first place. Now we wait for paid mods, Episode 2.

Mr. Doop

I started out strong this year but have hit a bit of slump with a lot of other things I have going on in my life at the moment. I've finished 5 games this month, but the last time I finished a game on the PC was on Feb 21st.

I'm still at 27 games finished so far this year, so I'm pretty sure I'll finish the challenge at least.

Yeah, I started off with a ton of games done in January and February, but I'ev kind of slowed down for a while. I'm a little less than halfway done, so I can still make it.

I'm probably never going to finish any of the games in the now playing section, though.

madjoki

Well, that sucks. Hopefully they reintroduce the system in the future with the issues mostly worked out.

I see at least Source 2 games having from beginning. Valve said they are building it for easy making of user content.

I don't see them adding to old games for time being thought.

KingKong

They should have just done it to Portal 2 from the start, they could have taken a lesser secondary cut to give modders 50% and Portal 2 levels don't depend on anything and have no copyright issues

Terra_Ex

A shame, the model needs a strong non-Valve supporter and Bethesda is probably their best bet seeing how they've always been very open to sharing their tech with the community. A pity so many are myopic and don't see the benefits this could bring long term, moving forwards we could have seen other devs releasing their own tools to modders, the best mods might even have been polished and brought across to consoles, which is something I've seen some devs have allude to in the past.

Deadbeat

Banned
If they want to add it now, they should just add donation buttons, and make sure the creators get a bigger cut. Maybe add a steam badge based on donation level. Then work towards actually selling. But some of the mod prices were stupid. They have to add some sort of regulator or screening on what the prices are set at.

Parsnip

Dead

well not really...yet
Are there still people on PC playing Warhammer 40K Space Marine?

Its on sale and kind of want to buy it and play dat multi

See people, making a big enough stink actually works sometimes, it was smart of them to cut it before it got them any more bad press. I wonder if they are actually going to take it back to the drawing board and try and rework the concept or if they're just done with idea all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom