• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

bit Dungeon II -- MB-384EB10B1AE54AF1 - Taken by Sarcasm

Amzin

Plenty of people want to support modders, that's not really the problem with what happened at all. It totally was the approach and implementation and the fact that Valve really doesn't give the appearance of being able to handle what it would/could become.

Parsnip

I think paid mods would have been far better received if they launched with Cities Skylines.

- The content is far more modular
- The mods would have been seen as closer to cosmetic than substantive so I think the anger would have been less
- The game was hugely popular and the mod community took off immediately so it still would have been a good test of market scale
- The dev and pub are both small enough that they clearly would have offered a better percentage to modders, so that complaint would have been mitigated
- That one guy who was laid off the Sims team and started making mod content for Cities Skylines was inundated by people wanting to donate to him, so there's a logical story to point to about empowering modders to work on the games they love
- There'd be no problems with previously free mods being made paid.

Total missed opportunity. And I bet the infrastructure was ready for then, because if they partnered with Bethesda this was definitely being worked on for a long time.
Yup, this so much.

Is there ANY way to change or mod Big Picture mode?
Yes, but they don't have proper skinning support for BPM so Steam will redownload any modified files on launch. At least that was the case last time I tried it.

I don't think so, sadly. The UI needs a LOT of work. Skin support would be great . Maybe one day, when Valve remembers the Big Picture Mode exists.

The UI shouldnt be browserbased. I mean even the achievements are browserbased, so instead of showing the icons and the achievements (by loading maybe a file for that) it opens the BPM browser...

Looks like he only created a single Modbot giveaway, and copy/pasted the quote code to each box and modified them separately. Thus everyone entered for the same code, and Modbot only chose one winner.

EDIT: looks like he just used NOTA-REAL-KEY1 (from the tutorial) for each game, and Modbot just updated the title each time while spitting back an identical code.

Yeah.
I didn't notice they were all the same because the only one I'm interested in is Witcher 3.
Sad now, since I'm not in Stump's list of backup winners ;_;

It's kinda awkward but I'm glad it's turning out well.
Congrats to the winners.

Anyway, is there any way to hide my steam wallet?
Steam skins do a fine job hiding my account ID, and I think it would be possible to hide my wallet as well.

Lain

Not my EU, since it's 60€ here ;)
Or, you know 100€ for the Deluxe version. WTF?

Only 100€ for the deluxe? With prices like those, it's only natural these poor devs and publishers are starving. My eyes have been opened now and I agree with that dude that said videogames prices should be raised. A digital deluxe should be at least 250€.

Tizoc

Is there any reason to hate on GOG besides this being a steam thread?

I appreciate that Steam's got some competition

wut.
GOG are a good service, and their selection of games is quite good too.

A few GOG games require an activation key, which technically means they're not DRM-free.

Long as you got the code, which is always shown in your account details, then you're good to go. Heck you can just put the game in a folder with a .txt file containing the activation key.
The Key is just a remnant of the game's original release of the time.

This Freddy dude makes one game each day.

Well at least they have better release schedule than Telltale :V

The Charnel House Trilogy is 5361 times the horror game Evil Within tries to be.
Scientific fact.

That's like saying Silent Hill series is 5361 times the horror games Resident Evil tries to be :V
I should finish that game I only played maybe 15 mins. of it, but god I can't get that game's graphics to not look like a blurry mess no matte what OPTIOn I choose =_=

You should make a thread about the game and give some more exposure, doesn't Jim Sterling voice a character or two in it?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beyond Gravity -- MB-87E034CCB0D9B467

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spoiler Alert -- MB-AB651891D41EC23F - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise -- MB-397D2317DE7BA8CA - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Save the Furries -- MB-414FBB39693E3459 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Dark Matter -- MB-EC64CC7BABD510C5 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island -- MB-5201DF28CC5AA8E6 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Rage Runner -- MB-2074F035385AE0C1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
ACE Founder Pack DLC -- MB-17689766CC96198B - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Train Town -- MB-87004448EA5BF965 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Project Night -- MB-5F5A39B936FB08AC - Taken by factorone. 1 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-2401D9C32F38601C - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Escape Machines -- MB-B44879445CEE6CAD - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Urban Legends -- MB-E4384AE3109F9941 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Probably Archery -- MB-B69F22B094D23BA7 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
DarkBase 01 -- MB-7F6F3605A1FDC038 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe -- MB-029CBB1933596647 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
One Night -- MB-DB0AD0BC67ED4AF7 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1430196230z1.png

Here are some keys.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah poop, Dark Matter is not the Dark Matter I was hoping for, it's the other Dark Matter. I'll still take it. Thanks Binary, all the same!

Lain

Well, if we're throwing you out, take the people who talk about things on GOG like they're related to Steam with you.

Can we throw out the people that talk about movies, music, comics, console games and console makers conferences, what other gaffers post in other threads and all that shit out too?

Milamber

It's mah Birfday!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 28 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-065AD0564664EB07 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-10AFB6EAC0FA9BC9 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-F58830FADF47FFF0 - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-26AA082CFCA7F1A1 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
NecroVisioN and NecroVisioN: Lost Company -- MB-74D858E252580A41 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Fancy Skulls -- MB-0DE072043427D58F - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Evoland -- MB-D94E2FFB6EE552D0 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-AF2BF5B317AA9844 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-9698DCFCB603D146 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-A0B240F87FAC21EE - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Startopia -- MB-797677783AD232ED - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Axis Game Factory's AGFPRO v2 -- MB-E9EB3A81173B398C - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Terrian Saga: KR17 -- MB-AC4F93908A4460ED - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Reprisal Universe -- MB-734FCCFB78C97E8C - Taken by rrvv. 1 entrants total.
Claire -- MB-EA91EAC0680EC863 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-97C6D0CB84B25946 - Taken by SeZMehK. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-F51CD207F0809AD3 - Taken by Dsyndrome. 1 entrants total.
inMomentum -- MB-02D62BD2A5F74088 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-5250797299B1B659 - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
KickBeat Steam Edition -- MB-34D9C7C3C7A8E1F6 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-FA2DC7C59C214157 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-44578D59C1E96E55 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Thief -- MB-48DFC3736AF64FAF - Taken by BorntoPlay. 6 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-8DD20185B09466DC - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-062E491F5A4FB830 - Taken by baterism. 1 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-AB7147008CF070A0 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Samudai -- MB-B7509393ECCAB989 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-946F1858D1EB9C40 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1430208230z1.png
mzrh2pu.gif

yuraya

Really digging rogue legacy so far. Fun game and I really like how every run matters since its all tied to the gold. Its a relief as well because after playing many hours of spelunky it got to the point where I would have to restart my game like 50 times before getting a good run going. The rng is pretty bad and such a time waster. Rogue legacy on the other hand feels more thought out. Both games are amazing nonetheless and strongly recommend them to the few here that have still yet to play either of them.

It's mah Birfday!

Happy Birthday! :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Better to succeed at getting older than failing and getting a game over (life has terrible check points).

Lain

See people, making a big enough stink actually works sometimes, it was smart of them to cut it before it got them any more bad press. I wonder if they are actually going to take it back to the drawing board and try and rework the concept or if they're just done with idea all together.

Paid mods will come back in the future, I'm sure of it.
Most likely though it won't be tacked on to already established games (in which mods can end up ruining your save) after the fact. It'll be something developed from the start in the project and in such a way that you don't have to worry about the installation chain of mods or a mod breaking your game.

Paid mods will come back in the future, I'm sure of it.
Most likely though it won't be tacked on to already established games (in which mods can end up ruining your save) after the fact. It'll be something developed from the start in the project and in such a way that you don't have to worry about the installation chain of mods or a mod breaking your game.

Arent there already some paid Portal 2 mods?

Dr Dogg

Spoiler Alert: The First Game You'll Uncomplete? Save The Furries? Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise? These can't be real games unless Valve has made a terrible mistake.

Also Happy B'Day Milamber.?

More importantly, LEGO Star Wars will be mine at last!!!

Salsa

so, im gonna dig deep into this tomorrow but I might as well ask if anyone has any idea where to start

ever since I upgraded my internet to like a local version of google fiber, lets say, they gave me this shitty new router. ZTE F660

I havent tried using it as a bridge with my old one. I might, if this issue persist, but for now I wanna see if I can nail down what's happening

this is the issue: internet, the connection itself, won't technically stop working, but what does happen is that every couple hours Steam will go offline. I get "0 Friends" and if I close the application and open it back up it won't connect, at all.

This only happens with Steam AND with the Hola Unblocker chrome extension that I use to watch other regions Netflix. After a while that will disconnect mid-ep too and I won't be able to connect back again.

Everything else internet-related works fine.

The only way I can connect back again to both of these is by manually going up to the router, disconnecting the power cable, and connecting it back again.

Any ideas on where to start if I wanna solve this thing? I have access to all the router's functionalities, but there's not many options. Been doing this for the last week and just about had it with the manual shit

Milamber

I get that sometimes too with the shitty Siemens (heh) router that my ISP gave. Checked by testing it with an alternative Linksys router with the same settings. The shitty Siemens was the problem.

happy barfday, you old perv, you!! ;)

obligatory:

jz5eKY8.jpg
Happy birthday, Milamber! Hope it's a great one for you and your loved ones.
It's time someone changes the damn tag on Thief to be
t1cxE6r.gif
xheRJRF.gif
Happy birthday, popped-collar Alex Murphy!
Happy Birthday Milamber <3
Happy Birthday~
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
Congratulations on getting older. :p
Better to succeed at getting older than failing and getting a game over (life has terrible check points).
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Milamber!
Happy Birthday Milamber.
hapy bday mily
Spoiler Alert: The First Game You'll Uncomplete? Save The Furries? Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise? These can't be real games unless Valve has made a terrible mistake.

Also Happy B'Day Milamber.?

More importantly, LEGO Star Wars will be mine at last!!!
Thanks guys.

Salsa

I get that sometimes too with the shitty Siemens (heh) router that my ISP gave. Checked by testing it with an alternative Linksys router with the same settings. The shitty Siemens was the problem.

yeah. old non-ISP given router is a linksys too, that usual one you get and is great and you're supposed to put that tomatoe firmware on it but I never did

also you'll die sooner congrats!

Lain

It's mah Birfday!

mzrh2pu.gif

Happy Birthday!

I don't recall the slowdown when the game came out ... so I have to think maybe the game got a patch after the initial launch week that did something negative to the game? Or something in the nVidia drivers or the fact that I updated my BIOS recently... it's infuriating, whatever the cause.

Your latest posts about Sacred 3 had me concerned that they might have fucked it up in general with some patch, so I tried booting it up and playing some. Seems to still work well for me on a 970 and the latest nVidia drivers, complete with not saving the resolution I had set last time I played. I had to go and change it to 1080/60 from the lowest/50 it starts at.

Arent there already some paid Portal 2 mods?

I meant more about the kind of scale Valve/Bethesda were hoping to reach with their project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom