• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday!

Your latest posts about Sacred 3 had me concerned that they might have fucked it up in general with some patch, so I tried booting it up and playing some. Seems to still work well for me on a 970 and the latest nVidia drivers, complete with not saving the resolution I had set last time I played. I had to go and change it to 1080/60 from the lowest/50 it starts at.

Yeah, I have no idea why it's not working for me... I'm on the GTA drivers with a EVGA GeForce 770 (2gb). Everything else works fine, except for Spoiler Alert!

Sorry, Lego Star Wars III is also 70% off, not 75%. Will grab these now rather than the 4th as I'm saving my Steam credit for Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

Conversion rate doesn't work well in my favor, so I'm waiting to see what the Steam prices will be.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Any ideas on where to start if I wanna solve this thing? I have access to all the router's functionalities, but there's not many options. Been doing this for the last week and just about had it with the manual shit

I'd say it was an issue with port forwarding, but the fact that it happens after a few hours and is fixed by unplugging the router and plugging it back in sounds like...A router memory leak? Whatever the router equivalent is. Some sort of overheating? I recently had a router burn out on me, but it was pretty noticeable and final.

Can you update the firmware? Maybe ask the ISP about it? Get them to replace it? Even the same model might work out better.

Say, does anyone have an extra CD key for the Steam version of Mass Effect 1? I can trade for it. Looking to finish the series on Origin, and I still don't have ME1 for it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Milamber, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 28 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-065AD0564664EB07 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-10AFB6EAC0FA9BC9 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-F58830FADF47FFF0 - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-26AA082CFCA7F1A1 - Taken by Sendou. 1 entrants total.
NecroVisioN and NecroVisioN: Lost Company -- MB-74D858E252580A41 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Fancy Skulls -- MB-0DE072043427D58F - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Evoland -- MB-D94E2FFB6EE552D0 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-AF2BF5B317AA9844 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-9698DCFCB603D146 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-A0B240F87FAC21EE - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.
Startopia -- MB-797677783AD232ED - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Axis Game Factory's AGFPRO v2 -- MB-E9EB3A81173B398C - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Terrian Saga: KR17 -- MB-AC4F93908A4460ED - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Reprisal Universe -- MB-734FCCFB78C97E8C - Taken by rrvv. 1 entrants total.
Claire -- MB-EA91EAC0680EC863 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-97C6D0CB84B25946 - Taken by SeZMehK. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-F51CD207F0809AD3 - Taken by Dsyndrome. 1 entrants total.
inMomentum -- MB-02D62BD2A5F74088 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-5250797299B1B659 - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
KickBeat Steam Edition -- MB-34D9C7C3C7A8E1F6 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-FA2DC7C59C214157 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Full Mojo Rampage -- MB-44578D59C1E96E55 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Thief -- MB-48DFC3736AF64FAF - Taken by BorntoPlay. 6 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-8DD20185B09466DC - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-062E491F5A4FB830 - Taken by baterism. 1 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-AB7147008CF070A0 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Samudai -- MB-B7509393ECCAB989 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-946F1858D1EB9C40 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1430208230z1.png

Arthea

That was incredibly fast reaction for Valve, I'm talking about paid mods. I'm surprised, I was sure it'll stay as it is for a long time if not forever.

Hentaiappy Birthday, Milamber
edited: almost forgot, that gif is great!

At least they are updating a demo that should represent a part of the full game :)

oh, welcome back, if I'm not mistaken, you had holidays from gaf
what for, btw?

Deques

At least they are updating a demo that should represent a part of the full game :)

Yeah, but...demos are demos. I mean, they are indicative of the final product, but they can be different. This is the first time I hear about a demo update on console, they really shoud focus on finishing FFXV :S

I agree on this part, the game should be finished before doing anything else

Arthea

Yeah, but...demos are demos. I mean, they are indicative of the final product, but they can be different. This is the first time I hear about a demo update on console, they really shoud focus on finishing FFXV :S

In case you haven't noticed, they would do almost anything if it let them not to work on FFXV
(except FF7 remake, of course)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

That's what they're doing, which I think is really interesting. They're using fan feedback from the demo to figure out what is best for their game, like a massive game-test. It isn't just about that demo, it's about finding where they need to be for FFXV. Though, it's really hard to tell if they'd be able to change much of this at this point in the game's development:

By attempting to address concerns, they can find out if they're on the right track and apply that to XV as a whole. At least, that's what I've taken from all this~

Deques

That's what they're doing, which I think is really interesting. They're using fan feedback from the demo to figure out what is best for their game, like a massive game-test. It isn't just about that demo, it's about finding where they need to be for FFXV. Though, it's really hard to tell if they'd be able to change much of this at this point in the game's development:

By attempting to address concerns, they can find out if they're on the right track and apply that to XV as a whole. At least, that's what I've taken from all this~

Japan find the game too difficult? I thought Japan liked difficult games

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

They're using the FFXIV feedback method to make the game the best it can be for players since the feedback system worked highly in their favor for the rebooted version of the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Long as you got the code, which is always shown in your account details, then you're good to go. Heck you can just put the game in a folder with a .txt file containing the activation key.
The Key is just a remnant of the game's original release of the time.

I didn't say activation keys are inconvenient, just that they're a form of DRM, which they are.

Do you guys just collect cards you like and craft badges for games you like or do you just sell all of the cards?

I only craft badges when I need to increase my profile level (i.e. when I run out of friend list space).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I'll give all the damn you want, when it's out of EA.
I see your love affair with Skylines is over, that was rather fast ;)

no, it's not ;) there just isn't anything worth mentioning news-wise when it comes to C:S ... that's all :)

Zeknurn

@Tiyuri: I was genuinely looking forwards to picking up professional quality mods for games I love :( as well as more games likely becoming moddable
@Tiyuri: It's no secret I was interested in the system for Starbound, though I was looking at giving modders a 50-60% cut, leaving us with 10

Hopefully the vocal minority didn't completely ruin Paid Mods for us.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully the vocal minority didn't completely ruin Paid Mods for us.

Quite a lot of comments in response to the Workshop announcement post are in favour of paid mods if payments are optional. I can see Valve taking that into consideration in the future.

Steam cards can make you filthy rich, sell them and buy other games that drop cards

I've been hearing that a lot but I'm still thinking of crafting some badges.

Guys, bother SE on Twitter saying them to release FFXV demo for all users, since I wanna try it :p
PC version existo, no? NO?

As long as it comes with FF-Type 0 HD, I'm in.

Anyway it's incredible SE changed design for Cid while they released this:

Have they actually stated that they'll change the design?
I love this concept Cidney. The right one will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom