• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

I can't exactly put finger on it, but for some reason I didn't enjoy Broken Age act 1 and I wanted to like it. Was it maybe a tad too childish?

I tried to like it as well, but I couldn't. It just wasn't fun to play and I had 0 interest in the story or characters :/

Copons

Maybe it's because I haven't played a longer p&c in a while and wanted something to sink my teeth in, after Act1 I feared the puzzles would be too easy without any experimentation and aimlessly running around until it... clicks. Like the knot puzzle, sure at first I tried to brute force it before realizing
that you need someone else's help
but then it was rather straightforward without guessing (
during the three steps I was thinking too abstract for a while
), the game even spares you any backtracking. And the rewiring wasn't a big thing, took what, five minutes? It's not like every error threw you back to the beginning. Saying that those puzzles comprised half of the game is imo a gross exaggeration.

Though I agree with Feep here about the snake, I don't know if I would've done that if I didn't see an achievement (which I then didn't get, must've been something else).

About the knots:
yeah, of course I got the drawing from Carol, and I was grateful the game spared me the backtraking, but still, I had to brute force it because most of the descriptions/drawings combos didn't make sense to me. Of course could be a language barrier thing, but I honestly don't think so...

About the rewiring:
I was exaggerating, but you have to admit: there are how many? 5 puzzles? that involve rewiring the hexagon. It's way too many for me.

And yes, the snake too!
I had to check a walkthrough there, because at first I waited for hours and nothing was happening. Turned out I had to wait for DAYS! :D

Jawmuncher

Jebus, the market has spoken, there is no need to shame the customer.

Maybe try talking to the modders first next time, and release a couple of paid-for-mods that actually are worth it? Do some low-scale actual research first and implement it slowly. It is not as if this didn't came out of nowhere. Greenlight and EarlyAccess being flooded with shit have eroded the customer's trust.

Yep that's the way I see it as well. Don't mind the idea, but what they tried to do right out of the gate was never going to work.

----

Happy Bday milamber

derExperte

About the knots:
yeah, of course I got the drawing from Carol, and I was grateful the game spared me the backtraking, but still, I had to brute force it because most of the descriptions/drawings combos didn't make sense to me. Of course could be a language barrier thing, but I honestly don't think so...

Probably was though because the descriptions were literally describing the knots. Like one said something about
a clown and the knot looked like one

7Sins

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for 7Sins:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Anomaly Korea -- MB-17083FADAB2BF937 - Taken by Milamber

baterism

It's mah Birfday!

mzrh2pu.gif

Happy birthday!

Thanks for the GA.

Edit: just read the Konami thread.
Tokimeki Memorial
HD Collection on Steam is dead, right?
Best wish to those affected with the shake-up.

I played Thief Gold though and found it to be really cumbersome in its controls.. It has like 8 buttons for movement? maybe more... really confusing.

I would probably prefer the streamlined thief 4

don't tell turfster

Just rebind the controls to be more like Dishonored's (ie switch to the classic WASD movement controls and make Q and E leaning controls). Do that and, boom, you can now play a fantastic game.

madjoki

Cleaning keys list, hopefully this is still good. Base game + some DLC, you should get giftable copy for every owned DLC. Feel free to take even if you own some.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Killing Floor Gold -- MB-95A3AB7209E20608 - Taken by Spirited

is there a new bumble hundle today?

Likely.

Copons

Probably was though because the descriptions were literally describing the knots. Like one said something about
a clown and the knot looked like one

Yeah, but
it felt that sometimes, for the few I got it right, like the clown or the pigtail, it didn't give me the right answer to choose. I do not have proof of it of course, but I've kinda noticed it while I was raging through that puzzle. :D

It's mah Birfday!

krlnl.jpg

I guess no one else gives a damn about DiRT :(

I do! Its on my wish list. I love rallys!

Here you go:

5iBslpJ.png

Looks good. Maybe I should actually try to play Just Cause 2 single player before it comes out?

I would be all over that if they would ditch GFWL. I have a copy and can't play it like I haven't been able to play most GFWL games for the past year. Although thinking about it, I recently reformated my pc from windows 8 to windows 7 so maybe I should give it a try

The second tweet from Supernorn puts it well.
KjjLVjr.png

I don't see how said triple A development team couldn't get Bethesda to help making the mod some semi official dlc you can buy on the store.

Nice. I need to make a few buildings of my own.

iuIEZd2.jpg

hype - get

Let the Double Dipping begin!

Maybe this will help funding second chapter of D4!

I doubt it but it may help him win his next game development deal.

I don't remember seeing it. I wonder how much of a discount the Lego games will get? At 77% (the max possible discount) I might be convince to add them to my collection.

Oh great. I share a birthday with one of SteamGAF's most popular personalities and he gives away 28 games. Well, I guess that affords me some measure of freedom, I suppose. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom