• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

clipboard01qtui9.jpg

Star Wars games (including LEGO) 70% off @ Games Republic

Arthea

Today is Capcpom HB, finally, we waited long enough.
no, not Konami
OK, maybe Konami

Oh great. I share a birthday with one of SteamGAF's most popular personalities and he gives away 28 games. Well, I guess that affords me some measure of freedom, I suppose. :)

it really doesn't, freedom is not free
Happy Birthday!

Yo son, where's my giveaway? >:3

Your hat or your games, what's it gonna be?

Both.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (someguyinahat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Hat Man -- MB-5AFB6B52F19825AE - Taken by Deques

Dr Dogg

Hold up, I'm in Tesco right now and under new releases for PS4 is Tropico 5. That's a bit out there and late.

Anyway today is Ys day.

In case it wasn't posted.

JYImfqg.png

So have you asked him why and what would need to change to make it possible? Not that I imagine they'll be very forthcoming but if they don't want to be asked time and time again a simple response could bring a lot of clarity to the situation.

Maniac

Banned
Arent there already some paid Portal 2 mods?

Not that I'm aware of. It did launch with a cosmetic shop that... Was never actually updated or anything.
here's some night time/rain 60fps footage from DiRT Rally :) it's amazing how good this game looks (and sounds) ... it's really good!! :D

http://robotbrush.com/screenshots/DiRTRally.webm

Driving in first-person always seems so awkward to me... How the hell do people do this in real life?

:p

Jebus, the market has spoken, there is no need to shame the customer.

It's entirely accurate though. The post on the Bethesda blog did mention that a modder made more in one day of paid sales than he did after years of donations.

Most people who were asking for a donation option instead were never actually going to pay at all.

So I can at least expect 70% off the Steam May the 4th sale.

This site has an extra 15% off coupon (1ST-BIRTHDAY-15OFF) which brings the price down to just over $5. I don't think Steam will beat that price by much, if at all.

Arthea

Unfortunately for Xseed, I'm not buying Ys until I get my Trails SC
ya, I went there. It's from desperation, I don't see any other way!

I'll pick it up at some sale or another anyhow, I'm not that resistant.

Maniac

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/280740

This one would be a paid mod for Portal 2. There were some others too IIRC.

And happy bday Milamber and someguyinahat.

Oh, yeah. Sorry I didn't really think about standalone mods, my mistake. Yeah, I do remember a few of them. Most are free though, but there may be several paid. It's the same with HL2 though, or is going to be anyway.

And with this I think it's more understandable. Charging 5 euros for an actual standalone game? That's not at all a rip off. Charging 5 euros for fishing animations in a singleplayer game? That's a rip off. :p
I didn't say activation keys are inconvenient, just that they're a form of DRM, which they are.

I only craft badges when I need to increase my profile level (i.e. when I run out of friend list space).

Yous so popular meng

Yous like that Saucey Roman gurl

Accept all spam requests and feel it yourself.

I wanna do dis

Buuuut Valve's changes seem to have been effective, despite using CSGOLounge a lot for trading and such lately, aswell as selling expensive shit on the market, I haven't had more than one bot invite this past week :/... I used to get 10+ a day.

RIP Steambot Friend. I will miss u 4evs

edit: Happy birthday dirty animu Milamburu and also that there guy in a hat person.

and you know only one of those DLCs will be something that's not a challenge pack and, at its best, it'll be ok, like the Harley and Mr Freeze DLCs were.

Actually, that Mr freeze one kinda sucked

Buraindo

Oh great. I share a birthday with one of SteamGAF's most popular personalities and he gives away 28 games. Well, I guess that affords me some measure of freedom, I suppose. :)

Happy Birthday someguyinahat!

I don't know about Arkham Origins' DLC, but Arkham City's extra content was quite disappointing.

Quite a lot of comments in response to the Workshop announcement post are in favour of paid mods if payments are optional. I can see Valve taking that into consideration in the future.
Agree. Only a small percentile will pay though. I think there should be some incentives to pay/donate but without splitting playerbase.
How do we know that the market has spoken? It's impossible to know if the people that complained were representative of the community as a whole. All I know is that there were plenty of game developers and modders that were very positive about the current implementation.
Valve & Pubs failed miserably to prove the benfits of that new system.
There's no one else to be shamed for this other than them.
The fact that instead the parties pushing paid mods, gamers among each other had to convince the benefits shows that it was poorly planned.
Things can get better, always and there is a place for paid content. But it's not like gamers are in a shitty situation with the current mod-systems.
Finally a member now!

It seems there was some glitch in my case. >_>

EDIT: Thanks Exo!
Congrats!
By attempting to address concerns, they can find out if they're on the right track and apply that to XV as a whole. At least, that's what I've taken from all this~
Remember people criticizing how typical "JRPG" characters are when they were first revealed.
Apparently western gamers do actually like it most.
Better to succeed at getting older than failing and getting a game over (life has terrible check points).
Still mad I lost my save point from ten years ago >_>
It's mah Birfday!
Happy birthday you two! Wish you'll have some good times with family & friends!
Happy birthday, Milamber and someguyinahat. I turned 22 yesterday myself.
Happy belated birthday to you as well buddy!
iuIEZd2.jpg

hype - get
Nice! The more multiplats, the better.
Eh. Trailer was somehow not that good. Wasn't expecting this. Screenshots and the teaser were really good.
What a twist. I was not that interested in Mad Max but the last trailer wowed me. With JC3 it's the opposite, hah. I am sure the game will be fun though. Avalanche knows how to make fun action open-worlds.

Dr Dogg

Hey Stump which Dark Matter were you after? The one with the Poochie title card ending or the other one I have no idea about? As I've just seen the former in a bargain bin, retail copy, that redeems on Steam.

Ys days are the best daYs!

Ysily the best days!

And i was wondering when they will announce it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDrkGhxUgAAGyMM.png[IMG]

[url]https://twitter.com/BatmanArkham/status/593037102700335105[/url][/QUOTE]

Eh I don't know why I'm trying to fight it but I'll pick this up at 40-50% off. Although Mordor's SP burnt me out a little. Sure it was content rich but the content was rubbish fluff or soulless story add one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom