• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

Looks like a couple of WIP/hidden workshops have shown up after today's announcement/update

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/

clicking on them brings you to the main store page

578ab04f17.png

I'm seeing two, Black Mesa with 5 items and Tunnels of Tarkus? with 15 items

https://steamdb.info/app/355500/subs/

Here you go, five different maps for Black Mesa multiplayer.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432829155
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432070352
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432072942
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432834805
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432074065

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I see the last HIB (14) was the worst selling one yet (by revenue). Even lower than HIB 1. Third to last in volume (behind HIB1 and HIB13).

Pixel Piracy
Unepic
Super Splatters
---
Outlast
Torchlight II
La-Mulana
MirrorMoon EP
Contraption Maker
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Three games are Steam keys.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes + I am the Boss DLC
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 HD Edition

Taking their tiers and the prices into respect it obviously is not a good "Steam bundle". But for those who want M&M regardless of platform preference, it's pretty good.

oooo missed the 3rd tier.

Still not moving the needle.

Really curious how this bundle does, seems pretty slow so far

Arthea

Three games are Steam keys.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes + I am the Boss DLC
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 HD Edition

Taking their tiers and the prices into respect it obviously is not a good "Steam bundle". But for those who want M&M regardless of platform preference, it's pretty good.

nah, even then it doesn't make sense, gog uses to do M&M bundles during bigger sales and it would be not much more expansive and udon'tplay free this way, except $15 tier as HoMM6 and M&MX are not on gog at all.

pahamrick

Basically. from what I could understand the last 0.5gb run 80% slower than the rest? for some reason..

Basically because of how they gimped the architecture for the 970 series. I'm not worried about it since I'm limited to 1080p for the forseeable future.

My budget was $350, since I sold a bunch of comics on ebay, so 970 was my only real option as I wanted to get away from AMD for awhile.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is actually the single worst humble bundle of all time, that's impressive. The tier structure is such that the best stuff is in higher tiers, the key/service structure makes no sense--a mix of DRM free, uPlay, and Steam, excluding Steam keys for games that have them, the stuff people would want is mostly in the fixed, very high tier.

Embarrassing.

A new low for Humble, a new low for Ubisoft.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well after Ubisoft's last sale where R6 got stiffed I'm not getting my hopes up. Can you be gifted Anno 1404 Gold?

If you're asking if people in Dawn of Discovery Land can activate Anno 1404, then yes, plus the games themselves are entirely DRM-free -- no Uplay, no TAGES, no anything.

pahamrick

This is actually the single worst humble bundle of all time, that's impressive. The tier structure is such that the best stuff is in higher tiers, the key/service structure makes no sense--a mix of DRM free, uPlay, and Steam, excluding Steam keys for games that have them, the stuff people would want is mostly in the fixed, very high tier.

Embarrassing.

Yeah. You'd think they'd have at least offered Steam AND Uplay codes for the games available on both.

You know, like EA did for the first Origin humble bundle.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah. You'd think they'd have at least offered Steam AND Uplay codes for the games available on both.

You know, like EA did for the first Origin humble bundle.

ubi gonna ubi ... apparently they REALLY want people to love uplay ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
Reading complaints about some puzzles in Broken Age leads me to believe that either I still have 'it' from back when they were really hard and obscure or my brain is just significantly superior to most other humans. I say it's both.

I also like the story and most of the characters. Many complain about a lack of personality but imo its there in spades, how can you for example not enjoy the banter with Tree? Or granddad. I don't even mind the recycled environments and I played Act 1 and most of 2 back to back.
i've had trouble with the first couple puzzles but i think i'm gonna start over so i'm in the right mood :>

What's that? Milamber's birthday you say?

Finally an excuse to post this
7tR3E.jpg

Happy b-day you wacky beast you~

what's that from, sounds really familiar?

EDIT#2: I'm sorry, I'll summarize this post in a more SteamGAF friendly manner:
x7CyJDE.jpg
lol ruthless

iuIEZd2.jpg

hype - get
NICE

will they make any more d4s, tho?

Relax zky-zky, the games don't contain spiders :V
actually i'm fairly certain many of those games do

Is this game ever gonna go on sale for under $10...
header.jpg
i got it cheaper
on uplay

Arthea

Embarrassing.

I have to agree with you here, totally, I like how they don't give a steam key for HoMM6 expansion even, which is in a bloody $15 tier! Ubi is mean, cocky and unreasonable. Never thought I'll see the day when EA behaves better than Ubi

MUnited83

For you.
I see the last HIB (14) was the worst selling one yet (by revenue). Even lower than HIB 1. Third to last in volume (behind HIB1 and HIB13).

Pixel Piracy
Unepic
Super Splatters
---
Outlast
Torchlight IPI
La-Mulana
MirrorMoon EP
Contraption Maker
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition
Makes sense. It was a bundle where almost everything was bundled before, and many titles are not even recent or particularly known. I think people expect from the Humble Indie Bundle some recent,top-tier indie games.

So a bundle with following would make much more sense:
1$tier
Octodad
Transistor
Never Alone
jazzpunk

BTA
Broforce
Sunless Sea
Road Redemtpion

There. Done

Arthea

wait

homm6 gold (tier 2) includes the homm6 standalone expansion (tier 3)

what the fuck

it doesn't, I have gold, no expansion

edited: I'll better check, maybe I have it
edit2: I double checked, Shades of darkness is not in gold version
edit3: for the moment you made me believe I have it... oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Makes sense. It was a bundle where almost everything was bundled before, and many titles are not even recent or particularly known. I think people expect from the Humble Indie Bundle some recent,top-tier indie games.

1$tier
Octodad
Transistor
Never Alone
jazzpunk

BTA
Broforce
Sunless Sea
Road Redemtpion

There. Done

that bundle would be freaking nuts even by humble bundle standards

pahamrick

it doesn't, I have gold, no expansion

edited: I'll better check, maybe I have it
edit2: I double checked, Shades of darkness is not in gold version
edit3: for the moment you made me believe I have it... oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I got the Gold Version on Steam and it came with Shades of Darkness.

Edit:

Oops, my mistake. I got Complete not Gold.

Mr. Doop

1$tier
Octodad
Transistor
Never Alone
jazzpunk

BTA
Broforce
Sunless Sea
Road Redemtpion

There. Done

That's an insane bundle, I can't see anything like that ever happening.

iuIEZd2.jpg

hype - get

Very good news

Lol

I haven't watched any of the movies or even GT but that announcement excited me

WAR

Nice to see it finally getting a release date but my hype for this game died out some time ago.

wait

homm6 gold (tier 2) includes the homm6 standalone expansion (tier 3)

what the fuck

Ubisoft doesn't make sense at all

Phinor

Basically. from what I could understand the last 0.5gb run 80% slower than the rest? for some reason..

Nvidia screwed up by launching the 970 as a 4GB card when they should have simply released it with 3.5GB and call it a day. They didn't really bother to mention that little detail when they launched the cards and it went unnoticed for way too long.

From what I've experienced, if a game ever manages to access that last 0.5GB, performance drops like a rock. Evolve and Mordor both go from solid 60 to 10-15fps until the drivers manage to clear/move stuff away from the 0.5GB portion. This is just my experience though, I hope someone with actual technical knowledge can tell me if what I'm experiencing (when approaching 3.6GB VRAM usage) is actually caused by the additional 0.5GB part.

Maniac

Banned
Yo boys, is The Witcher 3 still up fo cheaps somewhere? I've come to the realisation that my Collectors Edition doesn't contain a Steam key.

;_;

----
PS: I'm terrified of zky doing the write-up for The Witcher 3.
Wow, I think I'll be scrounging for funds so I can finally get the LEGO SW games on Steam, even if I've already played the original on x360 (and found it to be lacking when compared to newer LEGO games in terms of co-op, level design, and general fondness of the source material).

I wonder what the discount will be.

--

What's the over under on my ignore list for this thread hitting a point where I end up with <50% of the posts showing on a page? o_O

Yo, as long as I aint on that list, it's all good. You and me (and iashman) against the world bae

Maniac

Banned

Embarrassing.

Q3OjVSu.gif

pahamrick

Eh? Didn't Shadow just buy a normal MSI 970? I mean, they're all normal, barring different clocks, added heatsinks, etc.

I got the impression that he was thinking that Nvidia renamed an older series card as a 970.

When all they did was take 980s and gimp them.

rtcn63

To be fair, Ubi has dug themselves so deep in the past decade, that they've probably passed the Earth's core and are now making it their way back up to China.

Assasin's Creed China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom