• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Eh? Didn't Shadow just buy a normal MSI 970? I mean, they're all normal, barring different clocks, added heatsinks, etc.
No this is the version that I got. This is the Limited Edition = which is green,

This is the regular MSI GTX 970. Normal = which is red.

There is virtually no difference between the two except that the Limited Edition has a black backplate, while the regular doesn't.

I got the impression that he was thinking that Nvidia renamed an older series card as a 970.

When all they did was take 980s and gimp them.

Did the original Black Mesa release include multiplayer as well?

So, no it didn't and now I read their forums a bit

The free version is basically the mod release, ported to a new engine, with some bug fixes. That's mostly it.

The paid version, obviously, gets everything we're doing. That includes MP, constant updates, improved graphics (not just world props; we've got a few new weapon models, animations, particle fx, sounds, to name but a few), new features, active development, workshop, among many other things.

So to be clear:
1) The existing free mod release is as it stands. While we all know plans can change, we are pretty confident in saying that at this time there are no plans to upgrade or add to the "mod" release.

2) The "retail" release or Steam version (yes, you will finally get to throw us some change) is is going to have upgrades, bug fixes, a multiplayer addon, and a port to a new engine. That said, because it is a steam version, this also means that any additional fixes or add ons after the initial launch can be done on the fly. No more sending you off to other websites to download patches or upgrade to newer versions. That is the beauty of Steam that we all appreciate.

3) Now regarding the 4 Xen chapters; They are not currently slotted to be included in the mod release or the steam release. You see, it isn't that we are done with it and are just holding onto it for some special occasion or to tease our beloved fans mercilessly. Far from it. It means it is simply not done, and we are unwilling to slate it for any of our release projects at this time.

posts from last year

so only the paid version will have MP

MUnited83

For you.
nobody wants steam keys, seeing as BTA is already $10. We are all delusional or something.
People who want Steam keys won't buy this. Therefore there's no one driving the price down. Which leaves only a few people who dont care about which DRM/client is and probably want everything on The bundle. So ofcourse The BTA is high :p

Arthea

People who want Steam keys won't buy this. Therefore there's no one driving the price down. Which leaves only a few people who dont care about which DRM/client is and probably want everything on The bundle. So ofcourse The BTA is high :p

oh yeah, I forgot that only ubi managed to make $1 nobody wants to buy, clever!

More introspection: refine, remind or retreat. Mirror: https://youtu.be/7ASjbZQuSdI?t=39
It works for me, oddly. It did take a little longer to load than usual, though.
New webm link anyway: http://webmup.com/00cf0/vid.webm
Probably a hiccup at pomf. The new link works.
Also, redlettermedia is cool.
Just Cause 3 is up for preorder.
Don't do it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225540/
Wonder what kind of DLC will come. JC2 was pretty much complete without mods. Only some guns, cars and a modified parachute.
Hope it'll be the same.

Arthea

"Holiday" invariably means "November", so I'll pick it up after the Halloween Sale.

It's SE western game, I'll get it in 2016 Xmas surprise box
not saying that I'm not tempted, so far I liked what I've seen of JC3

That's slower than a GOG monthly thread; where's its Desura counterpart?

Desura is basically covered by Indie thread, because it's an indie store and indie threads are hella active compared to upay, not that it's possible to be less active, but still

I'd say this bundle is reason enough to make it 32.
Wow. There is basically no dedicated Uplay thread.

Crazy when you think about the big titles Ubi has. Then again, Origin thread is dead also.

This thread should just become PC-Gaming-OT. It's not like much would change anyway. EA/Ubi games get talked all the time.

Barbarian

I'm kind of tempted to pay a buck for M&M 1-6. Cheaper than I've ever seen the collection on GoG, and not available at all on Steam to my knowledge.

Let's try this out...

'Mad Max Season Pass announced. Base Game £34.99, Season Pass £39.99, Deluxe Edition £79.99.'

ks73e.gif

All it needs is a 'Yeah I'm good thanks' caption.

I dunno what's more depressing you being a buzzkill or Warner Bros cos they'll actually do something terrible like that.

xBladeM6x

I never played it before, but X-Wing Alliance looks really fun. Anyone know how this Steam version runs on Windows 7 64bit?
Only feel a need to ask since it's 16 years old. Lmao

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam's servers are currently offline due to an issue with our upstream hosting provider. They are looking into the issue but have not given me an exact timeframe on when the issue will be resolved.

EDIT: Aaaand we're back.

Benedict

Caved in and bought the Lego Star Wars game. Got Anomaly 2 for free, now it can be yours.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Anomaly 2 -- MB-48828A4E9589CFAA - Taken by L.O.R.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom