• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Wolf 09 update

g6JIzBF.png
Ain't that some BS. How did other games bought in the id acquisition that are now available digitally get through their "technical" issues?
It stopped being Tuesday almost seven hours ago. ;)
You and your silly dateline.

Hoo boy it's been a while since I posted here. Shameful as it is I've got bundle leftovers which I'm sure everyone has but I figured some lucky soul around here might want to have it so here goes

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (CrunchyFrog, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-EDEE6E453727022A - Taken by Akuosa
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-8AEB3234BD69F4A2 - Taken by 0mega
Kingdom Rush -- MB-1F3C7A895028DC3E - Taken by ExoSoul
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-E83FD16FEA48CC9B - Taken by texhnolyze
SpeedRunners -- MB-CE933C4BDA5E5FB4 - Taken by pahamrick

Whoever gets SpeedRunners or Monaco better play the shit out of em, the best indie multiplayer games of the last five years

MRORANGE

Thanks Orange! :)

Actually, I've already received recommendations from everyone that's pledged one:

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Dr Dogg
Magicka 2 - MRORANGE
The Witcher 3 - zkylon
Neon Struct - turfster
Axiom Verge - toddhunter
Not A Hero - r3n4ud
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - jshackles

If you're interested in writing a recommendation for something not listed here, let me know ASAP so I can put it in the May OT.

Awesome! Can't wait!

AHA-Lambda

I know I'm thinking pie in the sky worst case scenario right now but with Valve clamping down so much on regional pricing variances, any chance they'd ever clamp down on idlemaster?

Dsyndrome

Unrelated to the campaign, today I bought the PS3 version of Wolf09 for my brother for his birthday. Would've been easier though if it was available digitally...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not giving details really has me leaning on it being removal of logos.

That'd be stupid, though... but not quite as stupid as "We just can't be bothered." THQ is still plastered over Darksiders and yet a grand piano has not fallen through the offices of Nordic Games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All these people showing off their Wolf09 are mean.

Speaking of which, the retail versions don't come with a Steam key, do they?

I wish. I even bought a retail disc knowing full well that a) it didn't have a Steam key and b) I don't even own an optical drive. I'd love to see it back on Steam though.

I know I'm thinking pie in the sky worst case scenario right now but with Valve clamping down so much on regional pricing variances, any chance they'd ever clamp down on idlemaster?

I've had a few (very unsubstantiated) reports of people getting VAC banned for leaving Idle Master running while connected to a VAC server, which would seem to indicate they don't much care for it. On the other end of the spectrum, there are literally hundreds of people I've talked to saying they leave it running all the time while playing CS:GO and haven't ever had an issue. I've reached out to Valve on several occasions to get an official stance but have (of course) been met with silence. I told them that I'm more than willing to take it offline and cease development and distribution if they felt it was impacting them negatively in any way. If I ever hear back from them, you guys will be the first to know.

Jawmuncher

That'd be stupid, though... but not quite as stupid as "We just can't be bothered." THQ is still plastered over Darksiders and yet a grand piano has not fallen through the offices of Nordic Games.

Whatever the issue is, it's odd. Especially when Bethesda went through the trouble for stuff like Quake IV.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whatever the issue is, it's odd. Especially when Bethesda went through the trouble for stuff like Quake IV.

I posted in the other thread that Grief should ask him if Bethesda will consider having Valve whitelist retail keys, but no doubt there are technical issues there, too.

I honestly think Bethesda just isn't interested in having the games available. Hines told Grief that nothing has changed, only he didn't actually get back to Grief with any information the first time around; then he said "If the could be up, they'd be up"; then he said, when confronted with evidence that id owns all rights to Wolf09, that "I never said they didn't"; then he start babbling on about "technical issues". That's textbook avoiding the question -- at no point has he actually provided any genuine details.

Locust

Funniest thing about people paying hundreds to get Wolfenstein on Steam is that Steam overlay doesn't even work with it unless you add it as non-Steam game. :v

Turfster

Their supply closet is now haunted by the ghost of THQ, though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Funniest thing about people paying hundreds to get Wolfenstein on Steam is that Steam overlay doesn't even work with it unless you add it as non-Steam game. :v

Maybe that's the real technical reason.

Locust

Devs can... set a game not to use steam overlay tho, right?
I mean, I have games that don't have it, that I didn't explicitly disable.

Well, if you add the Steam version exe as non-Steam game the overlay works perfectly. The problem is that Steam itself is pointed to the idtech launcher thing or whatever it is. And once that launcher has done its job overlay doesn't attach on the actual game process.

Turfster

Well, if you add the Steam version exe as non-Steam game the overlay works perfectly. The problem is that Steam itself is pointed to the idtech launcher thing or whatever it is. And once that launcher has done its job overlay doesn't attach on the actual game process.

Oh.

The humanity.

(Yeah that's a total non-issue. Can't be that... right?)

Dsyndrome

Bypass the launcher and you should be fine, I had to do that with Witcher 2 and Baldur's Gate from GOG. Make the Launcher a separate option to pop up like other games. That can't be it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Dude doesn't have to be an ass about it. How "technical" can the reason be when the game was literally already on Steam.
I don't really read it as him being an ass. Twitter's format favors short answers and there are only so many ways you can say "we can't right now."

I don't really read it as him being an ass. Twitter's format favors short answers and there are only so many ways you can say "we can't right now."

Well I mean they're trying to ask for a bit of detail and he just keeps saying the same crap over and over, he could just give them a legit reason and be done with it. It comes off like he doesn't give a shit and is just trying to shut them up, could just my interpretation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom