• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Probably the fact that the original dev "retired" and the skin fell woefully out of date.
Pixelvision V2 apparently has an updater program that gets the new version from github and extracts and restarts for you. Seems pretty decent.

link?

The ads are on their website, not the skin. Which is leading me to wonder why anyone is upset about it or put off about it. They have a GMG affiliate ad. Oh noes?
yea i don't get why people get upset

you can't read the "ads" part without reading the "website" part

MUnited83

For you.
Come to the dark side we have cookies.

So no more nuuvem batman?:((

That's still fine. Come on, people, this has already been talked about several times :p. No, Nuuvem isn't dead, and their new region locking doesn't apply to the titles they sell officially to international buyers.

I forgot how amazing Space Marine is once you get the chain sword. How the orcs all sound like drunken British soccer hooligans "OI, SPACE MARINE!" and how they die in explosive meaty chunks. The magic of gibs.

AF214E5DA9D6E2DB0A0DE8B71CF7F9F0F6E907D6

94B8A0FD8DF1447EC32FA49DE7333C614F87C243

me0wish

anyone got much experience with dungeon defenders 2?

sounds fun for coop

Played it for around 4 hours a few months ago, the game is a lot of fun, it's easily one of the best looking games ever made. In pre-alpha, the game felt more polished than full priced released games.

DD1 is easily the best coop experience I had despite being a broken mess, I can't wait to play DD2 once it gets completed, but I wouldn't recommend buying it as it will be free when released.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish ppl made more colorful steam skins, or at least more outlandish ones

always dark grey is kind of boring

Check your PMs.
thanks again

Played it for around 4 hours a few months ago, the game is a lot of fun, it's easily one of the best looking games ever made. In pre-alpha, the game felt more polished than full priced released games.

DD1 is easily the best coop experience I had despite being a broken mess, I can't wait to play DD2 once it gets completed, but I wouldn't recommend buying it as it will be free when released.
Dungeon Defenders 1 was amazing, so if 2 just more of the same, you'll still have a blast.
ty for the impressions

i kind of want something not as intense as killfloor or dungeon of the endless to coop, tho not like mindless or whatever

also i like how it's really colorful

Thought you quit after some PR disaster.

I am just concerned that DD2 will become a microtransaction shitfest. I bought the Early Access version but havent played it yet since it didnt have Splitscreen coop.
early access thingie says they won't sell gameplay advantages so fine by me i think

tho like even those i don't mind so much since it seems to be pretty harmless in payday 2 (game has a lot bigger issues than microtransactions)

Thought you quit after some PR disaster.

I am just concerned that DD2 will become a microtransaction shitfest. I bought the Early Access version but havent played it yet since it didnt have Splitscreen coop.

I quit around that time, but Trendy went through a complete management overhaul. They reached out to me some months later to see if I wanted to come back. I was hesitant, but they showed me around, and people were much, much happier. It's honestly night and day. Changing management and scrapping the MOBA were the best things we ever did. Feels damn good to be working on a proper sequel to DD1 with this team. They're crazy talented.

As for microtransactions, DD2 will be free-to-play in the future, but we will never sell gameplay advantage for real money. Ever. We're looking at games like Path of Exile for inspiration for our monetization model.

And split-screen is on our roadmap. :)

Miguel81

One of these XOF patches in Ground Zeroes is pretty damn elusive. Got lucky stumbling on most of the others, but I might have to bite the bullet and look the last one up. I love the lighting in this game after doing so much running around, really pleasing to the eyes.

Maybe something based on the hot dog stand? It's very colorful. :p

http://i.imgur.com/aRs67Ik.png[img][/QUOTE]

O.O That blast of color really woke my retinas.

Shadownet

Banned
That's still fine. Come on, people, this has already been talked about several times :p. No, Nuuvem isn't dead, and their new region locking doesn't apply to the titles they sell officially to international buyers.
Okay talk to me like I'm 5.

So what are titles that they're not selling to international buyers? What about new games from now on? Will they be locked?
----
Also someone posted earlier. The Witcher 3 PC code that come in the Collector Edition is not a Steam code??

My birthday gift is installed: an Acer 23" 1920x1080 monitor. Sorry, JaseC, I've now left the 1680x1050 club. It looks great, but I'm not sure how much of that is just cause it's new to me. Still, I'll put it through its paces tomorrow. :)

MUnited83

For you.
Okay talk to me like I'm 5.

So what are titles that they're not selling to international buyers? What about new games from now on? Will they be locked?
----
Also someone posted earlier. The Witcher 3 PC code that come in the Collector Edition is not a Steam code??

GTA V is one of them. Nobody knows what new games will be locked or not. It will always depend individually.

Witcher 3 Collector's Edition doesn't come with a Steam code. The game is made by the GOG guys, so it makes sense :p

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday gift is installed: an Acer 23" 1920x1080 monitor. Sorry, JaseC, I've now left the 1680x1050 club. It looks great, but I'm not sure how much of that is just cause it's new to me. Still, I'll put it through its paces tomorrow. :)
Now you can play my birthday gift on your birthday gift in full glory!

GTA V is one of them. Nobody knows what new games will be locked or not. It will always depend individually.

Witcher 3 Collector's Edition doesn't come with a Steam code. The game is made by the GOG guys, so it makes sense :p
Ahh okay thanks. I guess I should buy Batman from Nuuvem asap? If it has a chance of being locked? Seem like nuuvem might be cracking down.

And fudging duck... Really? Darn, I was hoping to sell that code too. Who's going to want a GoG code.

Speaking of, for some reason that's the resolution the Nvidia GeForce Experience decides to optimize The Witcher 2 at for me. My monitor is 1920x1200. Wonder if I could push up the resolution without losing much in the way of framerate.

Now you can play my birthday gift on your birthday gift in full glory!

Ahh okay thanks. I guess I should buy Batman from Nuuvem asap? If it has a chance of being locked? Seem like nuuvem might be cracking down.

And fudging duck... Really? Darn, I was hoping to sell that code too. Who's going to want a GoG code.

How many copies of Arkham Knight do you need to procure from Nuuvem?
I'm sure you have to have some of those IOUs still out in the wild...

Mr. Tibbs

Just to remind everyone, the person being talked to on Twitter is the guy who got caught lying about the development status of Prey 2, so I'm not really sure why there's any reason to believe him. He's clearly a guy who feels lying when asked a question is a better option than declining to answer. What's the difference here?

Well said. Pete Hines has no problem playing fast and loose with the truth.

Turfster

I've got the rest of the Witcher games on GOG (due to buying the physical releases for both), so when I buy it (next year somewhere?), it'll probably be the GOG version anyway, otherwise my completionist collector's instinct will screw me over, urging me to rebuy the Steam versions =p

Milamber

what's that from, sounds really familiar?

It's my secret favorite game series Rival Schools / Justice Gakuen. The only fighting game I actually bothered to learn combos and moves and played religiously on my Dreamcast and arcade.

Ugh, I want to dig out my DC again.

Miguel81

Yeap. But i bought Bats before Nuuvem locks it. And that is it no more AAA purchases/releases until September so my wallet is safe for now.

I'm still waiting for Project CARS to show up on there, but it might be locked. The current best deal is on GMG VIP and not sure if I should bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom