• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
What possible technical reasons could be preventing a game that was already released on steam to be put back onto steam? If the problems are legal or otherwise unmentionable just say that and don't make up nonsense.

Unless technical is meant in the intricate sense.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well I mean they're trying to ask for a bit of detail and he just keeps saying the same crap over and over, he could just give them a legit reason and be done with it. It comes off like he doesn't give a shit and is just trying to shut them up, could just my interpretation though.

The answer probably isn't easily digestible over twitter and any answer he gives will be megaphoned out over the internet. Plus he probably doesn't have the authority to give a reason.

I know I sure as hell wouldn't be going into specifics if I could avoid it.

Akuosa

Well I mean they're trying to ask for a bit of detail and he just keeps saying the same crap over and over, he could just give them a legit reason and be done with it. It comes off like he doesn't give a shit and is just trying to shut them up, could just my interpretation though.
It kinda sounded to me the other way around, funnily enough. That twitter conversation reads a bit too overbearing to me, at least the last "how technical" tweet. Dude gave you an answer, no matter how vague. That's like someone telling you they can't come tomorrow or whatever "for personal reasons" and you asking what those reasons are. Take the hint.
It's clear he doesn't want to go into details, and no matter how much you think he should, if you keep asking he's not the one being an ass there... I'm sure that's not the intent, but ey, twitter.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't see the point in entertaining questions like the ones being asked. He clearly can't answer them publicly and a vague response is literally always interpreted as condescension, hatred, and malevolence in situations like these. The public isn't worth engaging on the internet.

He didn't have to answer at all. 140 characters are not enough to go into details about what the reasons might be. Besides, we got the main answer: the game is not coming back to Steam anytime soon.

Dsyndrome

Nuuvem page doesn't say Batman's region locked, and I only got errors when trying to use Hola. Went through fine when I bought it this weekend as well.

I don't see the point in entertaining questions like the ones being asked. He clearly can't answer them publicly and a vague response is literally always interpreted as condescension, hatred, and malevolence in situations like these. The public isn't worth engaging on the internet.
Wouldn't it just better to say something along those lines of "Can't talk about it"? I hadn't been following it closely enough to know it was an ongoing discussion but in that case Akuosa's post is a good one. Was going to say why say anything at all but given it was clear the question would keep getting asked otherwise I guess it's better to come out with a definite statement, no matter how vague or inaccurate that makes it clear that nothing is happening.

Jawmuncher

It kinda sounded to me the other way around, funnily enough. That twitter conversation reads a bit too overbearing to me, at least the last "how technical" tweet. Dude gave you an answer, no matter how vague. That's like someone telling you they can't come tomorrow or whatever "for personal reasons" and you asking what those reasons are. Take the hint.
It's clear he doesn't want to go into details, and no matter how much you think he should, if you keep asking he's not the one being an ass there... I'm sure that's not the intent, but ey, twitter.

That guy was such a jerk to ask how technical.

didamangi

Spiders RPG Pack $12.49 on Amazon. (Bound by Flame, Faery : Legends of Avalon, Mars: War Logs, Of Orcs And Men)

If anyone has a spare Of Orcs And Men I would gladly buy it off you. Or maybe we can start a split?

Jawmuncher

Indeed, can't imagine having to talk with him, ugh. Luckily that won't happen.

Lol good thing.
But in all seriousness though I asked thinking it would go into more detail. The reply to me is when I knew it wasn't going anywhere. I don't mess with Twitter much but sometimes it seems people seem to wait on giving more info unless asked specifically.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just to remind everyone, the person being talked to on Twitter is the guy who got caught lying about the development status of Prey 2, so I'm not really sure why there's any reason to believe him. He's clearly a guy who feels lying when asked a question is a better option than declining to answer. What's the difference here?

Haha Nordic/the people still working on Red Faction Guerilla hate a certain something as much of the rest of us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpYs6rC8gfA

I would explain the contents of the video, but that would spoil it.
Oh man. Totally forgot. I am now able to play this game.

I could not earlier.

For technical reasons.

R$ 34,99 ($11.91)

Only region locked in Germany.

Steam's IP-locks are still not working btw.
Huuuuhhhh? Need to verify. Someone send me a Wolf:TNO key.

Need it for technical reasons.
Everything sounds better, if it is for technical reasoning.

Guerrilla isn't my favourite Red Faction but I'm tempted to re-install and give it another go now that it's GFWL-free.

I forgot how ridiculous Space Marine is, it's the original Orc Execution Simulator. Decided to play the game on hard when I haven't touched it in 4 years, died on the tutorial level because I forgot about how executions equal health. The shoot-y-shoot-y-bang parts are just the preamble to soften enemies up for the melee combat, so you can stun and execute them for health. And all of the ways you murder Orcs, Space Marine gives Mordor a run for its money.

The amount of cards this game has is kind of nuts. 15 cards total with 8 drops.

I kind of miss THQ, they were such a kickass PC game publisher towards the end. One of the first to switch over to Steamworks. Their PC ports were always well done after that. And they were kinda one of the last B-tier publishers. Stuff like Darksiders, Red Faction, Saints Row, Metro and the Warhammer games weren't always the greatest games in their genre, but they were always fun.

Dsyndrome

Just to remind everyone, the person being talked to on Twitter is the guy who got caught lying about the development status of Prey 2, so I'm not really sure why there's any reason to believe him. He's clearly a guy who feels lying when asked a question is a better option than declining to answer. What's the difference here?

He was the utmost standard in being forthright with info during the Skyrim PS3 issues as well.

To people who bought Arkham Knight, don't you have Witcher 3 that can last you through June?

I play through some ridiculous number of games at once, probably why it takes me forever to finish a game. Witcher 3 will most likely trump Batman, though.

I got a fancy new Samsung 4K tv as my old Vizio finally bit the bullet and had been testing out my destkop via the PC mode(10 bit color panel/4:4:4 so that's great!) and forgot to set the PS4 signal to game mode and my lord the horror. Bloodborne's erratic framerate with terrible motion smoothing came together to create one of the weirdest and most nauseating things I've ever seen. I'm almost tempted to leave it at default for a while just because it's so bizarre.

Looking forward to next month's possible 980Ti so I can actually play 4K games via it! Ryse was pretty hot at 25 FPS :p

I have a ROW gift copy of Old Blood in my inventory and I can't activate it.

Or is it only for cd keys?
Hm. Good question. I think what theExpert meant was not activation but being able to play games which are ip-locked.

You do know you can activate TNO/Old Blood via VPN on Steam though, right? Whether key or inventory item. Inventory being a bit risky option though..
Only problem is it should be not able to start with a German IP. But apparently it does.

Salsa

so this is weird but hey

gcGVW6M.png

DmAc2k6

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-4E0AC37D9A36D5DE - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-A22901BFD9D91FDE - Taken by Bayonetta. 2 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-6CDD1D92754BCD4E - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 6 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-8335FEC7E5DEA8A4 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.

t1430274894z1.png

chronomac

I tried to play Battlefront II earlier but kept getting kicked to the desktop when I started a mission. I could adjust settings and browse menus but starting any gameplay crashed it.

I tried to run it as an administrator, tried different versions of Windows via the compatibility mode, and I even went so far as to reinstall the game.

But I finally fixed it...by plugging in a mic. That's it. That's the solution. I should have just Googled this from the start.

zkylon

zkylewd
they need to make a dark version of air

or someone needs to make an actually colorful skin

pressure kind of does that but it looks a bit too "modern" or whatever for me

cool

i forget what it is about pixel vision that it made me switch

i do really really like being able to like svn update new pressure versions without having to go to any site

Probably the fact that the original dev "retired" and the skin fell woefully out of date.
Pixelvision V2 apparently has an updater program that gets the new version from github and extracts and restarts for you. Seems pretty decent.

Corpekata

Banned
The ads are on their website, not the skin. Which is leading me to wonder why anyone is upset about it or put off about it. They have a GMG affiliate ad. Oh noes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom