• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
How many copies of Arkham Knight do you need to procure from Nuuvem?
I'm sure you have to have some of those IOUs still out in the wild...
I actually finished my IOU, except yours and one more person. But neither are Batman.

I've got the rest of the Witcher games on GOG (due to buying the physical releases for both), so when I buy it (next year somewhere?), it'll probably be the GOG version anyway, otherwise my completionist collector's instinct will screw me over, urging me to rebuy the Steam versions =p
Well if you are looking for Witcher 3 GoG code. You want to buy mine? I got one, and another one incoming.

Lain

Since I started up Sacred 3 again to see if they had fucked it up for everyone, one of the fans (dunno which, but I'm thinking a chassis one) in my PC started making a weird vibrating noise from time to time (it happened right as I was playing the game).
I'll have to open up the PC and check it tomorrow but in the mean time it made me take a look at temps for my graphics card and CPU and I noticed a weird thing with my graphics card: it doesn't use the fans most of the time, sitting at 60° when idle, unless I run Afterburner, in which case the fans run and the card is at 37° idle and this brings me to ask you guys if it is normal for a 970 to only use fans when going over 60° at idle.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Since I started up Sacred 3 again to see if they had fucked it up for everyone, one of the fans (dunno which, but I'm thinking a chassis one) in my PC started making a weird vibrating noise from time to time (it happened right as I was playing the game).
I'll have to open up the PC and check it tomorrow but in the mean time it made me take a look at temps for my graphics card and CPU and I noticed a weird thing with my graphics card: it doesn't use the fans most of the time, sitting at 60° when idle, unless I run Afterburner, in which case the fans run and the card is at 37° idle and this brings me to ask you guys if it is normal for a 970 to only use fans when going over 60° at idle.

Yeah, that's by design. It was introduced in the 900 series as a method to eliminate fan noise during idle usage. There's some information about it at the bottom of this page.

Salsa

Cheers, Tony

post-39009-Gladiator-Maximus-remembering-VD4P.gif

Someone check on Origin Jake, I'm worried.

where's Uplay Pete

Sarcasm

Just want to say sonething.

Game works with no Internet for me. Nothing was unplugged just the Internet was down.

Works flawlessly like using steam offline.

Forgot to add this is about GTAV.

Tizoc

In what order should I play the Ys games on steam?

Be forewarned that Ys 1 and 2's combat system may not sit well with everyone.
Basically you need to run up to enemies and automatically damage them. However you must run at them from an angle rather than straight into them as the latter risks you taking damage.

They're still good though, but if you aren't feeling the combat concept above, just start with Ys 3 (Oath) then go Ys 1, 2, Origin and 6.
For the most part only 1 and 2 are connected, the rest are stand alone stories.

Blu(e)

Need to do research to see what clothing mods are possible of course.

Also grabbed these:
fZlEH5p.png

Good stuff. I hope you enjoy Mamorukun Curse! as much I did. Reminds me off Pocky and Rocky which is always a good thing. I'll be picking up Raiden as well, when I get the funds.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Obama just publicly thanked Japan for anime (among other things)

Can we get him for a 3rd term? Coolest president ever.

I went to google to get a joke "Obummer" image to use here and

and

I just can't. Oh my god these people. These people.

Just want to say sonething.

Game works with no Internet for me. Nothing was unplugged just the Internet was down.

Works flawlessly like using steam offline.

Forgot to add this is about GTAV.

Did you run the game without internet connection from the start (fresh PC boot)?
I can also run the game without internet, but I have to at least logged in to the game in online mode once. After that, if I quit the game then, I can login just fine if I unplugged the internet. However, if I went straight to play the game offline from fresh PC boot, the Rockstar launcher always ask me to go online for account verification.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
First Steam is telling me that my Steam Wallet is not a valid payment method, now I can't even get into my cart.

It's suggested I opt into Steam Beta/opt out and then try again but that accomplishes nothing. Any other ideas?

Edit: Oh and no proxies or VPN being used. No change in currency or region.

Sarcasm

Did you run the game without internet connection from the start (fresh PC boot)?
I can also run the game without internet, but I have to at least logged in to the game in online mode once. After that, if I quit the game then, I can login just fine if I unplugged the internet. However, if I went straight to play the game offline from fresh PC boot, the Rockstar launcher always ask me to go online for account verification.

If by fresh boot you mean from turning the pc on and having no Internet than yes.

I got home from my test and noticed my phone had no Internet via WiFi. So I started my pc up and saw the ethernet icon with a big red x. Started steam up and asked me to go in offline mode which I did successfully.

Then I used my batch file that starts the exe and raises priority at same time.

Loaded up single player and did a weed collection quest and such.

zkylon

zkylewd
luxturn.jpg

this is me not playing another steam game ever again

who knows if they'll make a no spider mod for eternity some day

or if vanquish and bayo will ever get ported

or if christine love's latest game is as amazingly lewd as i have ever hoped

i will never know now...

If by fresh boot you mean from turning the pc on and having no Internet than yes.

I got home from my test and noticed my phone had no Internet via WiFi. So I started my pc up and saw the ethernet icon with a big red x. Started steam up and asked me to go in offline mode which I did successfully.

Then I used my batch file that starts the exe and raises priority at same time.

Loaded up single player and did a weed collection quest and such.

That's weird, I really can't do that.
The R* launcher always ask for an online authentication. I asked some of my friends and they got the same message as well.

Lain

luxturn.jpg

this is me not playing another steam game ever again

who knows if they'll make a no spider mod for eternity some day

or if vanquish and bayo will ever get ported

or if christine love's latest game is as amazingly lewd as i have ever hoped

i will never know now...

Is she floating?

Sarcasm

That's weird, I really can't do that.
The R* launcher always ask for an online authentication. I asked some of my friends and they got the same message as well.

Maybe it is my batch file that does it. I didn't play it for over ten hours + when I started it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom