• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

luxturn.jpg

this is me not playing another steam game ever again

who knows if they'll make a no spider mod for eternity some day

or if vanquish and bayo will ever get ported

or if christine love's latest game is as amazingly lewd as i have ever hoped

i will never know now...

Is this Strife? The character model does not fit in with the ground textures. It looks like two different games.

Dr Dogg

I don't even know who the real enemy is anymore.

Someone please tell me who to direct my anger towards!

Just kick around the Community Hubs on Steam. Plenty of people find reasons to get their knickers in a twist over there, no matter how trivial. I accidentally clicked the link to the Arkham Knight hub instead of the SteamDB link. As you can imagine plenty of people pissed about system requirements, season passes and other people doing what with their money.

Arthea

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/31866712744931511/5E467F1E5382317F5ADB45BDDFCA6CDD11E492A7/[/IMG

why did this make me feel so sad so fast[/QUOTE]

but it's true [SPOILER](unless you are really bad at them)[/SPOILER]!
Why would it make you feel sad I have no idea

Salsa

oh, btw; Broken Age Act 2 is... really disappointing

so far

I mean, I like it, but it has one of the worst puzzles i've seen in adventure games in years that basically brought the whole thing down hard, for a while there

no new environments either

I don't know. It's still unique in it's own way and I appreciate it and am glad it exists, but it's been a bumpy road so far. Act 1 is just better.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh, btw; Broken Age Act 2 is... really disappointing

so far

I mean, I like it, but it has one of the worst puzzles i've seen in adventure games in years that basically brought the whole thing down hard, for a while there

no new environments either

I don't know. It's still unique in it's own way and I appreciate it and am glad it exists, but it's been a bumpy road so far. Act 1 is just better.

that's been my initial impression too, something about the way they throw a bunch of puzzles at you feels a bit much, but i think that might just be starting from the middle since it's not really two separate acts but just the game being split in two

i wasn't like the biggest fan of part 1 either and i'm hoping i'll like part 2 but well, if it's no good then it's alright too. the documentary was amazing and devs can produce not-so-great games under these circumstances too

i hope double fine legit learns something about the whole development thing and actually puts it to use on another adventure game tho. it's just such an enjoyable genre when done right, and they definitely have the charm to do it, just maybe need to work on some better puzzles and pacing.

and probably have to seriously reduce the art budget of these games. broken age looks gorgeous but imo that's secondary to having more locations, more time to develop good puzzles, deliver the game on time, etc.

also like i imagine a wadjet eye x double fine game would be amazing

Miguel81

Finally got my cheevo for collecting the last XOF patch. No wonder it eluded me, I wasn't being odd enough, and this IS a MGS game.
Roll on the ground 'till your FOX patch is reversed.

Messiah

Thanks for the answers regarding Ys. Much to my surprise I noticed I don't actually own 1+2 while looking for it in my library so I will have to wait for the next sale sadly.

I still haven't finished Ys II. Ran into a bug in one of the first areas that made quit in anger, and I haven't been back since. And that was after an hour-and-a-half of grinding.

Arthea

I'm doing a little greenlight digest, please be excited! but before that, I noticed that Ryzom is on greenlight. Anybody plays it still?
just curious

Ruruja

Someone can help me?
Nuveem refunded my purchase, but instead to go into Paypal wallet, money went into my debit card (or at least this is what is written into my history), so I need to wait 15 days to see them. Not a big problem, but why money are not into Paypal? I used my debit card plus Paypal to pay the first time. This is the first time I asked for a refund, so I don't know how does this work.

If it's set up like mine, the money goes straight from your bank, through paypal, to Nuuvem. So they refunded the money and it went through paypal straight back to your bank.

Dr Dogg

I don't know who has the slower driver update portal, ASUS or Samsung. 2 bloody hours to download 254mb new chipset drivers.

Ok, thanks, so I probably need to wait 15 days to see them.

15 days? Is that how long Italian banks hold allocation of funds? Over here it's 3 to 5 working days and transactions are always returned or cancelled by the 5th day if the merchant hasn't proceeded it otherwise.

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight

Ryzom unexpectedly

Aussie Mario Cart? Looks fun, tbh

Golf the game, has multiplay. Has a demo or alpha or something but it requires a Oculus Virtual Reality Display to play

aaand another Bear sim, already kickstarted. BTW was previous one even released? I don't think so.

permadeath the game? There are probably people that'll like the idea, I'm not a fan.
The game seems all about blocking or something.

Lain

After watching the Angry Joe review of MKX (good review imo) I was looking at the credits and I realized lashman does vfx stuff for it. Goes to show I never really paid attention to that little bio stuff on twitter.

meanwhile on greenlight

Ryzom unexpectedly

I feel totally cheated from the difference between the nice ass picture and what the game looks like. Still voted yes.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
After watching the Angry Joe review of MKX (good review imo) I was looking at the credits and I realized lashman does vfx stuff for it. Goes to show I never really paid attention to that little bio stuff on twitter.

that's ok ... no one reads my posts ... or tweets ;)

Arthea

I feel totally cheated from the difference between the nice ass picture and what the game looks like. Still voted yes.
Isn't that what every MMO in existence does from the beginning of time?
Ryzom is kinda old already, I didn't even know it's still alive.

Lol don't let the door hit you on the way out of the modding scene. What a shitty attitude to have about modding, I'm sure his "mod" was real and all too.

Its the modern equivalent of "I'm making a RPG like Final Fantasy 7. I have the characters worked out and even the final boss. Who wants to work on it with me? I haven't made a game before, but I'm willing to do the work and I'm serious about finishing."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Its the modern equivalent of "I'm making a RPG like Final Fantasy 7. I have the characters worked out and even the final boss. Who wants to work on it with me? I haven't made a game before, but I'm willing to do the work and I'm serious about finishing."

Wait there was a scene like that during the early days of RPG Maker?

Arthea

The post not making any sense suggests it's facetious, but taking it at face value, it reads as "Well, I was going to invite you to my birthday party, but now I'm not!"

It's more like: I would have sold you this awesome toy you don't even want, but now I won't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom