• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

The post not making any sense suggests it's facetious, but taking it at face value, it reads as "Well, I was going to invite you to my birthday party, but now I'm not!"

Or more 'Well I was going to charge you to come to my birthday party'. Either as a serious statement or being a bit silly I really have no idea what they hope to achieve, especially in all places like SPUF. Saying that of course I do, that's the main content of half the posts there.

Tgmu8HX.gif

ktagw.jpg

Tizoc

Thanks for the answers regarding Ys. Much to my surprise I noticed I don't actually own 1+2 while looking for it in my library so I will have to wait for the next sale sadly.

If you have Oath, just start with that, it's a great starting point. Stories in ys games are simple:
Adol arrives in a country/nation, saves it from demons, monsters and the occasional evil demi-god that threatens all of life on the planet, then leaves to other lands where he saves it from demons, mosnters and demi-gods.

meanwhile on greenlight

Aussie Mario Cart? Looks fun, tbh

268x268.resizedimage

That is Fucking Cool. Mashed is one of my fave games of all time.

I suggest everyone watch the trailer. You can scan a QR code on your phone to use a smartphone as a controller. Can have 16 player local multiplayer that way.

There no split screen, and if you think a single screen cant work in a game like this, play Mashed to see how it works. Or just play Mashed anyway, its awesome.

Dr Dogg

Cryostasis got beta branch. (German translation?), which means it might be coming back.

https://steamdb.info/app/7850/history/

Hmmm definitely interesting. Then again part of me thinking German retail release :p

I don't know how I feel about elusive pulled titles coming back. Sure it's nice to have something that was once unavailable but when it becomes available to everyone a lot of the appeal is gone for me. Plus there aren't that many titles on Steam that I really wanted before the got pulled that I don't already own. Still that's cool for all the folks that want it though for what ever reasons.

Jawmuncher

Hmmm definitely interesting. Then again part of me thinking German retail release :p

I don't know how I feel about elusive pulled titles coming back. Sure it's nice to have something that was once unavailable but when it becomes available to everyone a lot of the appeal is gone for me. Plus there aren't that many titles on Steam that I really wanted before the got pulled that I don't already own. Still that's cool for all the folks that want it though for what ever reasons.

I'll always put everyone enjoying something over my library feeling special.

Arthea

You kidding, right?
I for one will welcome Cryostasis back and any other good game that's not available anymore.
also I wanna have it on steam, so there is that.

I'll always put everyone enjoying something over my library feeling special.

I'm with you on this one.

now, can I get original Dune by Virgin Interactive anywhere? gog, steam, I even would go as far as buying it on uplay, no kidding.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236110/

Dungeon Defenders II is on sale for 25% off, I really enjoyed the first one (played almost 100 hours with a group of friends) Anyone here played the sequel? Is it more of the same or they went the MOBA way?

Didn't they decide to ditch the MOBA part and continue with tower defense?

3 pages back (former 100ppp turned 50ppp here :p)

I quit around that time, but Trendy went through a complete management overhaul. They reached out to me some months later to see if I wanted to come back. I was hesitant, but they showed me around, and people were much, much happier. It's honestly night and day. Changing management and scrapping the MOBA were the best things we ever did. Feels damn good to be working on a proper sequel to DD1 with this team. They're crazy talented.

As for microtransactions, DD2 will be free-to-play in the future, but we will never sell gameplay advantage for real money. Ever. We're looking at games like Path of Exile for inspiration for our monetization model.

And split-screen is on our roadmap. :)

My birthday gift is installed: an Acer 23" 1920x1080 monitor. Sorry, JaseC, I've now left the 1680x1050 club. It looks great, but I'm not sure how much of that is just cause it's new to me. Still, I'll put it through its paces tomorrow. :)
Congrats here as well ;) Really great gift. Just realized the weird resolution of your old monitor. What kind of AR is that? 4:3?

Surprisingly the jump from laptop to desktop made me end up in the same 1366x768 resolution camp, haha. At least getting great performance is not a problem like this :p
Must... not... respond...

Stop lobbing me softballs unless you want me to get tossed out permanently.
Lain is right. Not worth it my friend. You remind me of the soft giant from the green mile. Focus on the good people bud.
Since I started up Sacred 3 again to see if they had fucked it up for everyone, one of the fans (dunno which, but I'm thinking a chassis one) in my PC started making a weird vibrating noise from time to time (it happened right as I was playing the game).
I'll have to open up the PC and check it tomorrow but in the mean time it made me take a look at temps for my graphics card and CPU and I noticed a weird thing with my graphics card: it doesn't use the fans most of the time, sitting at 60° when idle, unless I run Afterburner, in which case the fans run and the card is at 37° idle and this brings me to ask you guys if it is normal for a 970 to only use fans when going over 60° at idle.
As others said, Nvidia added the feature of fans stopping during idle/low load. If I hadn't read that beforehand, I'd have gotten worried, hah.
We should play a hate-bingo which dev or pub will be "the thing" of the next week :p
that's ok ... no one reads my posts ... or tweets ;)
Wow. Man, that is cool. Sometimes I watch reviews and I enjoy his passion. Find it funny when I read people posting he has an obnoxious "angry gamer" youtube persona when in reality he is talking in no character and just is his self. Normal, passionate gamer.

Arthea

why nobody told me about this?! What's wrong with you, people?

now to wait for a day when it leaves EA

edited: in other news Koi-Koi is 10€ and no release discount either... It's not sold anywhere else but steam too it would seem.
sometimes I wish I was made of money

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Wow. Man, that is cool. Sometimes I watch reviews and I enjoy his passion. Find it funny when I read people posting he has an obnoxious "angry gamer" youtube persona when in reality he is talking in no character and just is his self. Normal, passionate gamer.

you, sir, are correct :) haha

Arthea

I just noticed how bad Arkham Knight situation is:

-PS4 get exclusive Scarecrow pre-order pack
-Gamestop has exclusive Red Hood pre-order pack
-All pre-order get exclusive Harley Quinn pre-order pack
-40€ season pass

You disregard all that and wait for GOTY edition that you buy for 5€ tops, or you get it in a bundle on even alter date, simple!

You disregard all that and wait for GOTY edition that you buy for 5€ tops, or you get it in a bundle on even alter date, simple!

Sound advice. I'm personally waiting for the GOTY edition if the bonus content appeals to me, otherwise when it's on a really good sale.

Dr Dogg

Arthea

Eh, in fact I'll buy a GOTY/Complete whatever late, but what I point here is that probably we won't see some contents anyway, Scarecrow pack is exclusive for PS4, dunno about Red Hood, but I doubt it will be included into season pass, more probably it will be sold on Steam store like Black Mask DLC.

if you start caring for thousands of preorder bonuses, you are becoming part of the problem! ignore all of them, proudly, as any sentient being should!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Classic TV Batman and Batmobile? Throw in an Adam West voice pack and I'll buy two PS4s for it!

Dr Dogg

Only concerns I have about the AK Season Pass is that it's pretty much a one and done single player type of game. I don't think the drip feeding of content once a month for six months, especially if it integrates into the story (the Supervillans invading Gotham sound like the Mordor Warband packs) is something that's going to work well unless you plan on a subsequent playthrough. If that's the case you might be better off waiting until all the content is out to make an assessment it it's something you value at the current price. Skins I'm not fussed about and after the Mordor Story DLC I think I'll firmly wait until more details are released before getting 'excited'.

no buts! You can't sell your common sense for story bits.

Why are you so concerned what Snake does with his money? Do you have any interest in Arkham Knight? If not then why does it matter?

Arthea

Only concerns I have about the AK Season Pass is that it's pretty much a one and done single player type of game. I don't think the drip feeding of content once a month for six months, especially if it integrates into the story (the Supervillans invading Gotham sound like the Mordor Warband packs). Skins I'm not fussed about and after the Mordor Story DLC I think I'll firmly wait until more details are released before getting 'excited'.

Why are you so concerned what Snake does with his money? Do you have any interest in Arkham Knight? If not then why does it matter?

I don't like such practices? Snake can do whatever he wishes inspite of what I say, don't you think?
I thought it's obvious

Dwalls

Neo Member
why nobody told me about this?! What's wrong with you, people?

now to wait for a day when it leaves EA

edited: in other news Koi-Koi is 10€ and no release discount either... It's not sold anywhere else but steam too it would seem.
sometimes I wish I was made of money

Noooo, this is like the fourth time someone steals my simulator idea without me telling them. I had just started prototyping a day ago too. Just finished the day night cycle so you could catch different types of fish depending on the time of day. I was working on modelling the rod and some fish types now so I could prototype the casting mechanism but I might as well give up.

Dr Dogg

I don't like such practices? Snake can do whatever he wishes inspite of what I say, don't you think?
I thought it's obvious

Then let Snake do what he want and don't judge him. I'm not going to judge you if you don't like them, that's your prerogative. If Snake feels like he sees value in the content at the price he's willing to pay that's no one's business but his own.

Arthea

Then let Snake do what he want and don't judge him. I'm not going to judge you if you don't like them, that's your prerogative. If Snake feels like he sees value in the content at the price he's willing to pay that's no one's business but his own.
No no no no, I'll keep that gun pointed to him and tell him not to buy anything!
are you in a bad mood or something? just checking

Noooo, this is like the fourth time someone steals my simulator idea without me telling them. I had just started prototyping a day ago too. Just finished the day night cycle so you could catch different types of fish depending on the time of day. I was working on modelling the rod and some fish types now so I could prototype the casting mechanism but I might as well give up.

There is never enough of fishing in general, steamgaf just has no idea what really matters in this life.
You can make another game if you want to.
I really have no clue how popular fishing games are, tbh, but there aren't that many of them

Kiru

Aww, don't give it all up. Pretty sure there is place for another Fishing Simulator. Maybe yours will be better too!

Dr Dogg

Shish, calm down, guys! I'll take the story packs, in da future, when the game will be so cheap that even Hat Man will seems expensive compared to it!

No no no no, I'll keep that gun pointed to him and tell him not to buy anything!
are you in a bad mood or something? just checking

Hahaha no I'm bizarrely in quite a chipper mood today. Look we've all got our price, some are tight arse's that will only by stuff at $5 where others want to be there Day Zero for the experience but some of the vitriol against preordering, preorder bonuses and season passes and saying those who indulge in them are part of some wider problem is getting away from the fact this is an industry that primarily is to entertain. Sure there's some bullshit practices here and there, quite a few anti consumer, but have a pop at the company offering them (at least in a constructive way and not like the plethora of 'Fuck You *insert publisher/developer name here*' type posts that litter discussion forums) and not the guys and girls who the content actually appeals to.

Arthea

Hahaha no I'm bizarrely in quite a chipper mood today. Look we've all got our price, some are tight arse's that will only by stuff at $5 where others want to be there Day Zero for the experience but some of the vitriol against preordering, preorder bonuses and season passes and saying those who indulge in them are part of some wider problem is getting away from the fact this is an industry that primarily is to entertain. Sure there's some bullshit practices here and there, quite a few anti consumer, but have a pop at the company offering them (at least in a constructive way and not like the plethora of 'Fuck You *insert publisher/developer name here*' type posts that litter discussion forums) and not the guys and girls who the content actually appeals to.

well you see, that some people can afford it, doesn't make it right, in my eyes it doesn't. But I'm not telling you not to buy it, because then you'll get even more angry!

take notice muncher, I oblige you, don't use smilies and suddenly steam thread is in menacing mood. If it'll go on full riot, you are to blame!

Counteredited

thanks, that was very appropriate edit.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

There are already two German retail versions of the game, so I don't think its that :p

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Cryostasis

Time to switch back to Pixelvision?

Why, just because he has some advertising on his page that doesn't change anything about the skin itself?

Tellaerin

...welp, every attempt at a transaction I make is now met with:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Seems that some other people are reporting the same problem on the forums. No idea what to do at this point. I can try contacting Support, but I understand the wait times are ridiculous. Bleh. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom