• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
No one likes unwinnable fights
gabenmodsw7jws.gif

GaussTek

http://i.imgur.com/DtBwHS9.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n1gIoxi.png[IMG]

The race
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bW2Uv-iaA[/url]

One entire level, with three boss fights.

Instead, Kratos is only a boss fight:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKkF3T5mNRs[/url][/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be getting the Win 10 version.

rtcn63

Just you wait. Gaben is going to spend a year in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and return all Super Gaben 2 and execute that mod shit right.

Megauap

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirty Bomb Closed Beta -- MB-08EAD9E37BF2969C - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Dirty Bomb Closed Beta #2 -- MB-EBAC667235E79734 - Taken by Megauap

Thank you anonymous benefactor! I wanted to try the beta but all the keys were already gone.

I have no interest but maybe of you someone has.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirty Bomb Closed Beta -- MB-4015FADDEAD35905 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Shadownet

Banned
Well I got my order confirmation email and about 1 minute later I got a 'Your promotional code' email. Though they do say it can take up to 48 hours.
Yeah I'm on mobile. I didn't see that box. Thanks. Now to find that cheap copy of The Old Blood.

I remember the post was about how it was region locked in Germany.. But it wasn't everywhere else.

Turfster

Well if you are looking for Witcher 3 GoG code. You want to buy mine? I got one, and another one incoming.

I have no more money for games the foreseeable future.
(Hence the "next year")

Indiegala Hump Day bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Kung Fu Strike
  • Pahelika Revelation HD
  • Pahelika Secret Legends
TIER 2: 2.89$ (will increase)
  • 199X
  • An Imp? A Fiend!
  • Bin Weevils
  • Dark Gates
  • Dementium HD
  • My Family Creative Studio
  • The Quivering
  • Wildlife Creative Studio
  • Samudai
  • Spate

Groupees Game Soundtrack bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Hawken OST
  • Famaze OST
  • Rain-slick 3 OST
TIER 2: 2$
  • Payday 2 OST
  • Lifeless Planet OST
  • Larry Reloaded OST
  • Risk of Rain OST
  • Potatoman Seeks the Troof + OST

Games Republic's third day of birthday sales added Nordic games

Lily and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals keys now available for IGS

Grief.exe

Switched over to Jedi Knight II as Dark Forces was giving me motion sickness.

Jedi Knight II is quite impressive. 16:9, arbitrary resolution support, FOV options, and support for high framerates in 2002? Quite impressive.

I'm playing it at 1440p for now, but I might push it to 4K for reasons.

Dr Dogg

Jedi Knight II is quite impressive. 16:9, arbitrary resolution support, FOV options, and support for high framerates in 2002? Quite impressive.

I'm playing it at 1440p for now, but I might push it to 4K for reasons.

You skipped Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II? The shame. The FMV's are fan-fucking-tastic.

Backlogger

Yeah, Dark Forces is hard to play now. I was showing Jedi Knight II to my son a few months ago and was blown away at how good it looked still. That is one of those games I am looking forward to the Steam Controller on. I think you can probably create an Xpadder profile for it (in fact I think I might have) but you end up having to set two button sets with a "shift" type key because there are so many buttons. Great game though that I plan on playing through again soon...

Some quick impressions for Betrayer: I only put a couple of hours into it before it crashed on me, so that's as good a place as any to stop for impressions.

The story: The game appears to be "figure out the story as you go along," but near as I can tell, something went down at an English colony/fort involving the Spanish and the Native Americans sometime prior to the American Revolution, and now the only actual human around is Little Red Riding Hood, who doesn't even notice the monstrous Spaniard-beasts. Maybe this is gonna be some Silent Hill 3 "They look like monsters to you?" shit, but I'm not sure. You have the ability, using a bell, to travel between Fog World and Other World day and night, with different monsters for each, and the ability to see ghost quest givers at night. "Find my wife plz" "Find my head plz" etc. The way it's set up though is not too bad. It's intriguing, but without too much cryptic bullshit. It's a bit sparse, but it's alright.

The gameplay: You've got limited ammo and three main types of weapons (bow for long range, musket for medium, pistol for short,) a melee attack that appears to do somewhere between "sneeze" and "mosquito bite" for damage, limited healing, and enemies that can very quickly close in on you for the kill. So...it's more or less a first-person survival horror variant. The only jumpscare so far was a giant spider jumping out of a crate (zkylon alert!) One point to note is that I tend not to go for horror games, but it was a birthday gift so I'm giving it a fair shake. I'm also not GOOD at these sorts of games, so when I say it's pretty hard, you guys might say it's decently challenging or even fairly easy. :) You can manually save, but I haven't tried loading a save before I died or anything to see if I can scum a bit. And also, two hours in I tried to save and it froze on me where previously the saves worked fine. So that's a strike against the gameplay.

The graphics: Stylistic. The default graphical style is black and white, with certain things in red for emphasis (the woman's cape, highlighted monsters or items of interest, etc.) However, there is a slider where you can make the game in full colour, or if you want just add a little colour and keep things muted. Nice touch. The environments look rather nice, but the guards and skeletons look...I don't know, rather basic. As if the artist said, "It's a skeleton, what more do you want from me?" They don't look BAD, they just look simplistic and without any creative flair.

The audio: Sound is important in this game. There's a "listen" key that alerts you to things, and collectibles give off a chime like that root in the Elder Scrolls. It's not always clear WHAT I'm going towards, so it would have been nicer to get some kind of clarity in the sound, but it's something. I didn't see any alternate options for the hard of hearing, so if you do, this game might not be for you OR it might just present an additional challenge.

The verdict: For a game in a genre of which I'm not particularly fond, it's alright. I was expecting something scarier, and I was expecting worse gameplay, but I was pleasantly surprised. I guess all that's left for me to do is "git gud."

Knurek

GermanGAF, SlovakianGAF and CzechGAF, as stated above, the latest issue of CD Action that will be hitting Polish newsstands next week will have full version of Wolfenstein 2009.

This game:
f759513b65606c03a7dd4bbe593bb9b6b6e984d8.jpg

Since Bethesda isn't interested in bringing the game back to Steam, it's a great way to get the game on the cheap (~$4), especially if you live near the Polish border.

Don't see anything PL related in SteamDB entry for the game, so you should be getting the proper version. I plan on buying the mag, so I will confirm whether it's the real deal.
Sadly, no Steam keys AFAIK. Still, might be worth taking a note about it.

Turfster

GermanGAF, SlovakianGAF and CzechGAF, as stated above, the latest issue of CD Action that will be hitting Polish newsstands next week will have full version of Wolfenstein 2009.

Of course the "international magazines" store stopped carrying that this year =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom