• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, AssCrud seems to have swallowed the prince whole.

we did get Forgotten Sands, it's just that yeah, PoP never has and probably never will do AC numbers unless they fully get behind it.

I could see a terrific Uncharted-like PoP game, a game with fantastic set pieces and well written characters trying to find some sort of treasure. The Sands of Time was as much a proto Uncharted as it was a proto AssCreed with how it blending character moments into the game and gave you a reason to give a crap for them.

It's like the easiest thing to make but Ubi gonna Ubi.

Parsnip

I kind of want to play the DLC but it's not available :(

Although from reading the net it doesn't really offer much.

They should make another game, I do like its heavy focus on platforming.

Yeah, the DLC is not the best. It's like what Episode 1 is to HL2.

Indeed.
I'm certain they will revisit the series at some point soon, but I'm worried that the ubiformula will ruin it. I mean it already has collectibles but at least you are not climbing towers to unlock activities.

Turfster

we did get Forgotten Sands, it's just that yeah, PoP never has and probably never will do AC numbers unless they fully get behind it.

We only got Forgotten Sands because of the movie, sadly.
The obvious answer is that we need another movie! ;)

And yeah, the traversal in the POP games was a lot more satisfying than in AssCrud, because it was a lot more focused and user controlled. Also, the story was a lot less ludicrous and it had no "okay we jumped 7 years forward without telling you and ALL THIS SHIT HAPPENED THAT YOU WILL NEVER SEE OR HEAR ABOUT AGAIN" moments.

Dsyndrome

Should've gotten behind the Godsmack-emo Prince.

I've got all those games on like three different platforms and I've only beaten Sands of Time. I'd say I'll beat another one after Witcher3 / Batman / PoE, but lord knows that's not gonna happen.

Turfster

Should've gotten behind the Godsmack-emo Prince.

I've got all those games on like three different platforms and I've only beaten Sands of Time. I'd say I'll beat another one after Witcher3 / Batman / PoE, but lord knows that's not gonna happen.
The emo Prince game wasn't... bad per se. Sure, it was a stylistic break and it had some eye-roll inducing character designs, but the game itself was pretty fun - when the weird collision bugs didn't get you.

I own the trilogy games on 4 different platforms and have finished them on all of them ;)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh I was wondering when this would happen. o:
MmA4yyu.png

Vastag

Has anyone tried Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. Is it worth it? How bad is the pay-to-win?

I'm on the edge and I don't know if I should get it or not.

Turfster

Has anyone tried Elders Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. Is it worth it? How bad is the pay-to-win?

Quick, run! Run before jshackles gets here and convinces you!

Wait, Hitman GO is on PC, but Windows store exclusive?
Squenix, what are you doing?
I mean, sure, it's technically a mobile port, but still...
That didn't stop you with DX:The Fail.
Edit: oh and it's a metro interface only abomination.
Nope.

Grief.exe

Oh I was wondering when this would happen. o:
MmA4yyu.png

Finally.

GermanGAF, SlovakianGAF and CzechGAF, as stated above, the latest issue of CD Action that will be hitting Polish newsstands next week will have full version of Wolfenstein 2009.

This game:
f759513b65606c03a7dd4bbe593bb9b6b6e984d8.jpg

Since Bethesda isn't interested in bringing the game back to Steam, it's a great way to get the game on the cheap (~$4), especially if you live near the Polish border.

Don't see anything PL related in SteamDB entry for the game, so you should be getting the proper version. I plan on buying the mag, so I will confirm whether it's the real deal.
Sadly, no Steam keys AFAIK. Still, might be worth taking a note about it.

Frustration boiling over.

Bloodborne will also never see CoD's or AC's sales which doesn't make it worse.

Ubisoft isn't in the business of making AAA retail games that sell 1-2 million copies. If a game isn't some sort of indie thing using their ubiart engine that's got a low production cost, they aren't going to put a 200 man team on it to have it sell peanuts. They want 5-10 for their AAA retail releases, numbers a fully fledged PoP game has never nor probably will ever hit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

If you're a fan of The Elder Scrolls games, it's hard for me not to recommend ESO. Even if you're a completely anti-social gamer (like I am) there is so much stuff that can be done in the game solo (probably 99% of the content) that it's a really good value, even at $60.

The pay-to-win aspect doesn't really exist, at least that I've encountered so far. Most of the stuff in the "crown store" is cosmetic, and the stuff that isn't cosmetic doesn't give players a huge advantage. Like the "Ring of Mara" - it lets you "get married" in the game, and when you and your in-game spouse are both in a party together you get extra XP. They also have a subscription service if you want to keep paying the monthly fee every month, but all that gives you is (again) extra XP which really only equates to finishing the game faster. Another thing you can buy is potions, which initially had me worried that the game would be stodgy with them but that's not the case. I can't imagine buying potions with real money because the game has given me way more than I could possibly even use.

As someone who will probably end up with 200+ hours in the game, I think it was certainly worth $60. If you have any particular questions about the game I'm more than happy to help.

Quick, run! Run before jshackles gets here and convinces you!

Oh you!

fantomena

Why isn't SW: Battlegrounds Saga on Steam or do I have to buy it on GOG?

I mean, I have zero problem with GOG, but I don't want to buy it twice if it comes to Steam soon.

Grief.exe

How do you folks roll?

Nvidia drivers - official or beta?

I'm official.

Whatever is the latest version, beta or official
Clean install every time, only use driver and Physx

You have a 970, right? Did your Acer ever come? If so, how is it?

I'm looking in the semi-near future for a new monitor, preferably one GYSNC compatible. The price seems on point for this Asus 1080p, but I wonder if it's worth the step up in price (nearly $200 more) for the Acer 1440p.

1440p is a worthy step up from 1080p and also totally possible with a single 970.

Gsync is one of the hugest gaming upgrades I have ever experienced. Playing games above 60 Hz is a new feeling entirely, but it is perfect for those unoptimized games that dip below 60 FPS. When I first got the monitor I was playing Reign of Kings, which was a very unoptimized Early Access game with significant dips not only below 60 FPS, but below 30 at times as well. I'm positive I wouldn't have enjoyed the game nearly as much if I was witnessing constant stutter.

Ayumi

Anyone else having issues signing into Steam on web?

Friend of mine is having some cache (I assume) issues on a bunch of browsers.
He tries to log in but it just throws him back right away without error.

Anteater

hmm how do you redownload/reinstall a game on uplay?

I thought I'd go back to play forgotten sands, I've installed it a while ago but the drive it was on was wiped, uplay still thinks the game is there but obviously won't launch since it's gone, and the uninstall button just opens up windows' uninstall program box, and I can't find a redownload option.

Turfster

I thought I'd go back to play forgotten sands, I've installed it a while ago but the drive it was on was wiped, uplay still thinks the game is there but obviously won't launch since it's gone, and the uninstall button just opens up windows' uninstall program box, and I can't find a redownload option.

There's a verify files option in the dropdown beneath the play button for some titles, iirc.
Never mind, that's only for games released after november 2013.
I guess you're fucked?

Maybe check the numbered dirs under the data folder in your ubi launcher directory, find the one with the uplay_install.state you need (use a hex editor) and delete it?
(Note I'm just guessing here, so back everything up first)

Anyone else having issues signing into Steam on web?

Friend of mine is having some cache (I assume) issues on a bunch of browsers.
He tries to log in but it just throws him back right away without error.

Had this issue a few days ago. Changing my password fixed it. I don't know why but there you go.

Played a bit with Sarcasm in Co-Op. It was my first time.
The game is pretty legit fun. Cooperative play is really needed and it just has a lot of charm. Enjoyed my time with it.

It has very few graphical settings though sadly. In fact there is no in-game option to change resolution. Apparently editing via .ini files are needed. Weird decision.

Important part is, the game looks and plays nice. Really a great co-op game. It takes a bit time to get used to the gamepad controls, especially hotkeys. But once you are in the groove, it becomes really fun.

Not sure what the player limit is but playing it as four people sounds really cool. Maybe we should do a game night again.

Afterwards we played a round of this. It was again the first time for me.
Really had no clue what and why was happening the first five minutes. Even after that I didn't fully grasp everything but with some rudimentary knowledge the game got fun to play. Definitely a good game to play together with three more friends.

Anteater

Maybe check the numbered dirs under the data folder in your ubi launcher directory, find the one with the uplay_install.state you need (use a hex editor) and delete it?
(Note I'm just guessing here)

hmm I uninstalled and removed the folder completely, still the same after I reinstalled, seems like the installation info or whatever might be stored somewhere else.

Turfster

nice was wondering if this was goign to get keys since it never had the greenlight logo

edit: no keys in my profile, what manner of chicanery is this?

Seems to be a slow rollout.
Some people have them already, others don't.

hmm I uninstalled and removed the folder completely, still the same after I reinstalled, seems like the installation info or whatever might be stored somewhere else.

Hm... Try checking the registry, HKCU\Software\Ubisoft\ for a POP key, and if it exists, delete that and restart uplay?
This is pure guesswork, of course.

Another option is something in Users\<accountname>\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher, although I wouldn't be able to tell you what.

titch

Is it a second drive?

What about changing the drive letter temporarily - might be worth a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom