• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

GermanGAF, SlovakianGAF and CzechGAF, as stated above, the latest issue of CD Action that will be hitting Polish newsstands next week will have full version of Wolfenstein 2009.

This game:
f759513b65606c03a7dd4bbe593bb9b6b6e984d8.jpg

Since Bethesda isn't interested in bringing the game back to Steam, it's a great way to get the game on the cheap (~$4), especially if you live near the Polish border.

Don't see anything PL related in SteamDB entry for the game, so you should be getting the proper version. I plan on buying the mag, so I will confirm whether it's the real deal.
Sadly, no Steam keys AFAIK. Still, might be worth taking a note about it.

What do you fight in that version? The Regime (like in TNO)? Unless that's what you mean by PL, in which case, I guess that's a way to get past German censoring.

Accoun

Don't see anything PL related in SteamDB entry for the game, so you should be getting the proper version.

I'd be cautious. They have told it's in Polish and this might as well mean it's without the option to change the language. I might ask them on their forums or something.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There were similar stories back when Xbox one changed how it's system would be.

Pls don't remind me about that fiasco.

At the time I was a big xbox fanboy and the decisions that were made before the complete turn in attitude was horrible.

I bought a PC instead of an xbox one because I was still angry ROFL
It was the best decision I've made in years.

It's alright I think we can all rest assured that the PC version of Deus Ex Mankind Divided will be no slouch since once again Nixxes are on the job.

http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/newsdetail/20-uk/news/182-dxmd

Great!
I hope the goddamn stuttering that I had in DE:HRdc isn't in the sequel.

Switched over to Jedi Knight II as Dark Forces was giving me motion sickness.

Jedi Knight II is quite impressive. 16:9, arbitrary resolution support, FOV options, and support for high framerates in 2002? Quite impressive.

I'm playing it at 1440p for now, but I might push it to 4K for reasons.
That's all pretty cool.

But the most important part is, that the game is a blast!
Some quick impressions for Betrayer: I only put a couple of hours into it before it crashed on me, so that's as good a place as any to stop for impressions.[...]

The gameplay: [...] So...it's more or less a first-person survival horror variant. [...]
Things I learned.
Nice write-up, as usual.

GermanGAF, SlovakianGAF and CzechGAF, as stated above, the latest issue of CD Action that will be hitting Polish newsstands next week will have full version of Wolfenstein 2009.

This game:

Since Bethesda isn't interested in bringing the game back to Steam, it's a great way to get the game on the cheap (~$4), especially if you live near the Polish border.

Don't see anything PL related in SteamDB entry for the game, so you should be getting the proper version. I plan on buying the mag, so I will confirm whether it's the real deal.
No Steam key? Still good info.
Would love to buy it but I am not from Poland or border.
Still thanks for heads-up!

Turfster

Knurek

What do you fight in that version? The Regime (like in TNO)? Unless that's what you mean by PL, in which case, I guess that's a way to get past German censoring.

I meant proper as in 'in English' (maybe with Polish subtitles).
We don't censor Nazi stuff here, only thing regarding WWII that is not allowed here is denying Holocaust.

Terra_Ex

Some interesting points. People grossly underestimate the amount of time & effort that go into some mods. Like the guy points out - contrast how readily the internet gets off its collective backside to complain when its free gravy train might be coming to an end with how few people could be bothered to rate the guy's mods. If this saga has highlighted anything it's that many mod users view it as a culture of click, download, forget.

Dsyndrome

Nazis and all kinds of oogie boogie stuff.
It's a direct sequel to RtcW
I meant proper as in 'in English' (maybe with Polish subtitles).
We don't censor Nazi stuff here, only thing regarding WWII that is not allowed here is denying Holocaust.
Gotcha, thought the German version was censored for whatever reason. Like fighting Robots or something C&C style.

I'm playing on PS3 now and just want the damn Steam version.

chronomac

Some interesting points. People grossly underestimate the amount of time & effort that go into some mods. Like the guy points out - contrast how readily the internet gets off its collective backside to complain when its free gravy train might be coming to an end with how few people could be bothered to rate the guy's mods. If this saga has highlighted anything it's that many mod users view it as a culture of click, download, forget.

One of the biggest problems in the gaming community (however you want to define that) is the relative lack of empathy for the amount of work that goes into game and mod development. People pour hundreds, if not thousands, of hours into some of these mods, put them out for free, and people love them. When they want to ask for some cash, people claim that the "passion" was what it was all about but those same people haven't devoted the same amount of time that the devs have. They can't speak from the same place, the same experience and the failure to recognize that is important.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sorry but to me this is inexcusable. It's not like they are in this industry from yesterday. They canned too many things in so little time.
Also I didn't see the doc, but I know they asked for 300k dollars, they got almost 4 milion, and they delivered an anonymous, even if awesome looking game with recycled locations and sections, obtuse and bugged puzzles (yeah, knob puzzle is BUGGED, because too often on the screen you can't choose any option to match images...and no, it's not done on purpose, I thought about it, than I saw there's an achievement to solve the puzzle on your first try), totally absurde plot. Why?
?

personally i don't mind retreading all locations specially since they change them around a little bit. the bad puzzles are a shame but just because you backed it or they got more money than they asked for initially, it doesn't mean you're guaranteed a great game, unfortunately

bugs will get fixed so i'm not too worried about that, sadly bad puzzles probably won't

can't really comment on things too much as i've only played like half an hour of it

I have no more money for games the foreseeable future.
(Hence the "next year")

Groupees Game Soundtrack bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Hawken OST
  • Famaze OST
  • Rain-slick 3 OST
TIER 2: 2$
  • Payday 2 OST
  • Lifeless Planet OST
  • Larry Reloaded OST
  • Risk of Rain OST
  • Potatoman Seeks the Troof + OST

Games Republic's third day of birthday sales added Nordic games

Lily and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals keys now available for IGS
hmm, tempted to get payday 2 ost

Some quick impressions for Betrayer: I only put a couple of hours into it before it crashed on me, so that's as good a place as any to stop for impressions.

The story: The game appears to be "figure out the story as you go along," but near as I can tell, something went down at an English colony/fort involving the Spanish and the Native Americans sometime prior to the American Revolution, and now the only actual human around is Little Red Riding Hood, who doesn't even notice the monstrous Spaniard-beasts. Maybe this is gonna be some Silent Hill 3 "They look like monsters to you?" shit, but I'm not sure. You have the ability, using a bell, to travel between Fog World and Other World day and night, with different monsters for each, and the ability to see ghost quest givers at night. "Find my wife plz" "Find my head plz" etc. The way it's set up though is not too bad. It's intriguing, but without too much cryptic bullshit. It's a bit sparse, but it's alright.

The gameplay: You've got limited ammo and three main types of weapons (bow for long range, musket for medium, pistol for short,) a melee attack that appears to do somewhere between "sneeze" and "mosquito bite" for damage, limited healing, and enemies that can very quickly close in on you for the kill. So...it's more or less a first-person survival horror variant. The only jumpscare so far was a giant spider jumping out of a crate (zkylon alert!) One point to note is that I tend not to go for horror games, but it was a birthday gift so I'm giving it a fair shake. I'm also not GOOD at these sorts of games, so when I say it's pretty hard, you guys might say it's decently challenging or even fairly easy. :) You can manually save, but I haven't tried loading a save before I died or anything to see if I can scum a bit. And also, two hours in I tried to save and it froze on me where previously the saves worked fine. So that's a strike against the gameplay.

The graphics: Stylistic. The default graphical style is black and white, with certain things in red for emphasis (the woman's cape, highlighted monsters or items of interest, etc.) However, there is a slider where you can make the game in full colour, or if you want just add a little colour and keep things muted. Nice touch. The environments look rather nice, but the guards and skeletons look...I don't know, rather basic. As if the artist said, "It's a skeleton, what more do you want from me?" They don't look BAD, they just look simplistic and without any creative flair.

The audio: Sound is important in this game. There's a "listen" key that alerts you to things, and collectibles give off a chime like that root in the Elder Scrolls. It's not always clear WHAT I'm going towards, so it would have been nicer to get some kind of clarity in the sound, but it's something. I didn't see any alternate options for the hard of hearing, so if you do, this game might not be for you OR it might just present an additional challenge.

The verdict: For a game in a genre of which I'm not particularly fond, it's alright. I was expecting something scarier, and I was expecting worse gameplay, but I was pleasantly surprised. I guess all that's left for me to do is "git gud."
fuck that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

This game:

So, Bethesda okays a Polish magazine bundle but can't be bothered making the game available worldwide. Amazing.

Parsnip

Just so you all know, I haven't ran into any bad puzzles or bugs in the Broken Age Act 2.
Haven't finished it yet though, so who knows.
So far it's been good stuff all around.

If you're in the mood for a beautiful game with some mindless platforming/combat and collecting orbs for hours, this game is for you.
I should replay it at some point. The protag gave a really bad first impression, but by the end he grew into one of my favorite protags in games. They really nailed character building on both him and Elika on that game.

It's alright I think we can all rest assured that the PC version of Deus Ex Mankind Divided will be no slouch since once again Nixxes are on the job.

http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/newsdetail/20-uk/news/182-dxmd
Excellent.

Turfster

isnt wolfenstein like 8 dollars on gamestop? didnt realize the game is a retail rarity as well

Maybe in the US you can still find copies.
Over here on the continent, the only PC games still sold are Blizzard MMOs, the latest AssCrud/Shootmans and hidden object clickers, in one sad little rack somewhere in a corner of the store =p

Tizoc

This game:

Is there any way of getting this shipped to outside Europe? I would love to get my hands on that game D=

Turfster

Daily AR-K 66% off

It looks nice and has great voice acting, but the puzzles are fucking rage-inducingly bad.
(Also, they missed the target date for episode 3)

Anteater

I should replay it at some point. The protag gave a really bad first impression, but by the end he grew into one of my favorite protags in games. They really nailed character building on both him and Elika on that game.

I kind of want to play the DLC but it's not available :(

Although from reading the net it doesn't really offer much.

They should make another game, I do like its heavy focus on platforming.

Turfster

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
once I got past my rage about the first game's DLC shenanigans, I really like these Van Helsing games. The sequel is leaving a great first impression, theres a third one being made right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom