• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some changes, but there doesn't seem to be anything major changed about the combat engine. You can read the patch notes here to see if anything stands out for you.
Ah, thanks. The combat seems unchanged... bummer.

Still seems like a cool expansion. I'm curious how those guardian units will work. Maybe one day.
That is in no way going to fuck up at all.
Valve always plans for best case scenarios, never worst case. Or so it seems.

I hope they have to provide a reason for the ban. That would be a grand source of entertainment.

Haunted

While that's technically true, it's worth noting that Blackwell was internally developed by Wadjet Eye, Gemini Rue was done Joshua Neurnberger and Technobabylon is from Technocrat.

Developers of such fine games as:

Screen6.png

Nancy the Happy Whore and the Perfidious Petrol Station

and

Rail1a.png

The Rail
I think it's fantastic that Dave managed to build up Wadjet Eye into a legitimate business and a publisher, but "from the studio that brought you" when the developer is completely different and separate is pretty much misleading.

I get that they're trying to consolidate and build a publishing brand here, but with Golden Wake and this one... they're not doing themselves any favours.

Dr Dogg

Why wouldn't they just use VAC? Seems like a odd thing though, since what process would they need to go through.

Because VAC is used on games that are more often than not solely on Steam where as something like GFWL titles, GTA, Ubi's titles and EA's stuff (when they were publishing on Steam) have servers that account for Steam and non Steam players at the same time. Using VAC could be more work or incompatible with their server solution. Punkbuster still throws up false flags with Widescreen Fixer due to modifying code in memory and I can see GeDoSaTo being the same.

inm8num2

Hopefully this is only for multiplayer games and not for single player games

That's what it sounds like:

Playing games should be fun. In order to ensure the best possible online multiplayer experience, Valve allows developers to implement their own systems that detect and permanently ban any disruptive players, such as those using cheats.

Quick question: Is the Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon pack worth the ~$6 if I haven't played either of them? Any estimates on the game lengths?

Thanks!

rtcn63

I read that as Gunslinger plus Far Cry 3 minus Blood Dragon. I liked FC3 much more than BD, but others have felt the opposite.

Amzin

Quick question: Is the Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon pack worth the ~$6 if I haven't played either of them? Any estimates on the game lengths?

Thanks!

They're both pretty short, Blood Dragon (3-5 hours) has some open-worldiness to it and Gunslinger (5-7 hours) to me had a lot of replayability.

how could it even be for single player games lol

Mortal Kombat X is monetising easy fatalities as consumables and you can unlock the entire krypt for 20$. If more Triple A games start including free-to-play styled consumable micro-transactions, and they will, this would easily be applicable to single player games because you're cheating them out of money.

Previous generations cheat codes will be this generations piracy nouveau.

yes

Blood Dragon is alright Gunslinger is super great

I read that as Gunslinger plus Far Cry 3 minus Blood Dragon. I liked FC3 much more than BD, but others have felt the opposite.

They're both pretty short, Blood Dragon (3-5 hours) has some open-worldiness to it and Gunslinger (5-7 hours) to me had a lot of replayability.

Alright, sweet, thanks guys. Seems like a pretty good deal at ~$6.

Dsyndrome

this is normal for COD

both Blops 2 and AW had $50 season passes

i'd never get them, but the batman shit is still way more ridiculous. This is still an MP game with 4 DLC packs with maps and such

Fuck man; I don't know how to feel since I haven't gotten a CoD since 3 back when the PS3 first came out.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just had an amazing experience. Due to weird errors of Steam telling me the Steam Wallet wasn't a valid payment method, I sent a support ticket in.

They responded. In an hour. It was fixed right away.

I just had an amazing experience. Due to weird errors of Steam telling me the Steam Wallet wasn't a valid payment method, I sent a support ticket in.

Come on Ken. We are not children here. Tell your fairy tales in kindergarten.

Annubis

Maybe the support guy was just happy to reply to a ticket not about mods.

45 minutes left on the groupees BIAB4 preorder.

... Why? Is there no Brazil only equivalent?
I mean, all the Brazilian shit needs to be homegrown anyway or gets slapped with retardo import fines, right?

There are some search sites but none focused on PC parts, and mostly of these sites sucks finding the part by it's name

I think they don't want to be responsible for heart attacks :p

Sounds like a good reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom