• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nnh7cn9gWF1rt6u7do1_r4_1280.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That feeling in Arkham Oranges when you enter Freeflow Focus and become untouchable. Got to 87 hits and then there was no one left. Was just left there standing over a battered pile of bodies whilst the pumped up thinking to myself I AM A GOD!!!

One of the best gaming sensations ever easily.

Maniac

Banned
Well that Dota 2 balance patch didn't caused meltdown. I guess that is good news.

Aghanims Scepter... Aghanims Scepters everywhere

Also really happy to see a new in-game item, especially since it's a nod to Terry Pratchett. :')
Is this Strife? The character model does not fit in with the ground textures. It looks like two different games.

Yeeeaaaah LoL is going for the incredibly ugly middleground between "cute lowfi somewhat artistically retarded" of LoL's old visual style and the "serious-looking, high-fidelity & dark colour palette" of Dota. It's kinda trashy atm, hopefully it'll improve given time though.
I quit around that time, but Trendy went through a complete management overhaul. They reached out to me some months later to see if I wanted to come back. I was hesitant, but they showed me around, and people were much, much happier. It's honestly night and day. Changing management and scrapping the MOBA were the best things we ever did. Feels damn good to be working on a proper sequel to DD1 with this team. They're crazy talented.

As for microtransactions, DD2 will be free-to-play in the future, but we will never sell gameplay advantage for real money. Ever. We're looking at games like Path of Exile for inspiration for our monetization model.

And split-screen is on our roadmap. :)

This is really good to hear. I still remember how disheartening it was to hear about the issues at Trendy. Glad the management shake-up worked. Being told to copy LoL never really works for anyone... At all. Just glad to hear things have brightened up and that you're back on the right path. Still remember seeing footage from the "MOBA" days and just letting out a big sigh and closing the tab. ><

Best of luck in the future. DD1 was absolutely great, even if it was a tad heavy on the DLC side later in its life.

And damn, split-screen? Sounds awesome. My pals and I always thought that was a thing DD could've made good use of.

Tizoc

I'd only get Blops 3 for the SP stuff. Since the main campaign can be played 2 player co-op I'd get it on PS4 just to play with my brother or friends.

The 3D on the new tv is so clear and judder free. Really is a joy to watch films in it.

Is there a list of 3D native games on steam? Do they all use Nvidia Vision or different solutions? My TV also has active 3D so I'm kind of confused as to how Vision works with passive/vs Active. As someone who also has an Oculus I don't feel it replaces 3D, they do different things.

Call of Duty has had 50 dollar season passes for at least 4 or 5 years but every time it comes around people still try to create new madness over it. If you enjoy the multiplayer it's a fine value, although it's better to wait until the first pack comes out at least.

I've been trying to buy Dirt Rally for about 30 minutes and keep getting the "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." error.

Anyone else?

Call of Duty has had 50 dollar season passes for at least 4 or 5 years but every time it comes around people still try to create new madness over it. If you enjoy the multiplayer it's a fine value, although it's better to wait until the first pack comes out at least.

You currently cannot buy the base game separate from the season pass and it costs 115$ before taxes to buy the digital deluxe edition.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I see there was a pricing error on Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rembels, as evidence by it just being one long stream of "now owns Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Star Wars Rebels™".

The quick Steam Support thing was a monkey's paw wasn't it? I get that fixed but miss out on cheap pinball.

Curse you Gaben.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Kung Fu Strike - The Warrior's Rise -- MB-E557D89C93742E4C - Taken by Henry Swanson
Pahelika: Revelations HD -- MB-6A7379DB228C6FA3 - Taken by redlacs
An Imp? A Fiend! -- MB-02693E9E3E68B294 - Taken by Bayonetta
NORTHMARK: HOUR OF THE WOLF -- MB-B4CCC2B54351FE4D - Taken by thereisnoif
Dementium II HD -- MB-902B950DB2BB7B6A - Taken by 73V3N
Spate -- MB-4D23CB820CCAC61A - Taken by Eila
Samudai -- MB-9A413BE051D9FDAA - Taken by texhnolyze
Pahelika: Secret Legends -- MB-346717E963329B82 - Taken by nja
199X -- MB-038000A5A296B9A1 - Taken by rainking187

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I see there was a pricing error on Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rembels, as evidence by it just being one long stream of "now owns Pinball FX2 - Star Wars™ Pinball: Star Wars Rebels™".

The quick Steam Support thing was a monkey's paw wasn't it? I get that fixed but miss out on cheap pinball.

Curse you Gaben.

Yep, it was $0.69 earlier. Idle Master chump change!

It's mainly the price that's shocking, it's almost Australian.

freshVeggie said:
Not gonna lie. I did know almost nothing about 40K Space Marine but damn it looks fun.

It's fun as hell. The easiest way I can think to describe it would be the anti-sticky cover third person shooter. When every other TPS was about hiding behind cover, popping out to shoot or ducking behind to wait for your health to regenrate, Space Marine is about fire fights that transitions into ridiculous melee scrums where you execute enemies for health.

It's a fun game all the way through with a shit final boss.

Oh man, I just remember an awful QTE and the game being over.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeeeaaaah LoL is going for the incredibly ugly middleground between "cute lowfi somewhat artistically retarded" of LoL's old visual style and the "serious-looking, high-fidelity & dark colour palette" of Dota. It's kinda trashy atm, hopefully it'll improve given time though.

y-you

you

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom