• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Just a few randoms to give out, and wanted to see what modbot would do today. Most of the games are correct, but "Sims 3: DLC The Movies" and "Bad Rats" should be either Galactic Civ II: Ultimate Edition or Muffin Knight, don't know which though.
Wait, modbot is lying about what is being offered?
That the movies lie hurts.

abracadaver

Steam needs an option to not try and install direct x and some runtimes everytime I start a game. I always have to click no and its getting on my nerves.

dex3108

Booooo Jack the Ripper will be pre-order DLC in AC Victory, i want full set of missions and full story not pre-order DLC :(

10565152_803828929709899_4695008265524518664_n.png

Steam needs an option to not try and install direct x and some runtimes everytime I start a game. I always click no and its getting on my nerves.

they've explained this before: games tend to use very specific DX runtimes (like may 2011 for example) so it'll keep installing them until you have the one the game requires already. there's no way around this at this time since each game tends to be produced with different iterations of DX.

Deques

they've explained this before: games tend to use very specific DX runtimes (like may 2011 for example) so it'll keep installing them until you have the one the game requires already. there's no way around this at this time since each game tends to be produced with different iterations of DX.
How about games that insist to install dx runtimes every time I start the same game, despite I already have it installed?

Parsnip

I watched Microsoft's GDC talks about it, and as you might have guessed it depends on what your game does. Look up ExecuteIndirect and DX12 bindless, and you will get a more detailed explanation of the stuff than I could give.

Parsnip, happy birthday!

Thanks.

abracadaver

I never installed anything a had no problems so far

http://steamcommunity.com/app/44320/discussions/0/558746745592088289/

"I can however tell you that we'll be upgrading you all to the Complete Edition free of charge, we'll be adding Steam Trading cards and if you also happen to own a mac we'll be making the mac edition of DiRT 3 available to you as well. If you own a boxed copy dig out your CD key and keep it safe as you'll need that to redeem your Steamworks copy when the update goes live."

EDIT: I own the GFWL version on Steam, but it's not shown up in my library yet.

Maniac

Banned
As evidenced by Skyrim, that limit can be done away with.

As far as I know* the restriction on size has been done away with, but it's up to individual devs to remove it or alternatively set one in place if they so choose, for whatever reason.

I know nothing, Jorn Schnuu, but no really, that's what I heard.
Thank you!

Also, for posterity, jshackles will be taking over next month!

When do I get my time to shine? I'd make a great OP, man.

It'd be fucking mental but brilliant nonetheless.
Everyone is, except for Zky-zky obviously. The only people who know the cast list for sure are myself and the volunteer artists. Sadly, I had to cut down the cast list from over 100 submissions down to ~30 since writing in that many characters was well beyond the scope of this game and I think it would be rude to ask that much work of any artist on a volunteer basis.
SjN7e0C.gif

dex3108

New UPlay update lowered compression for screenshots. That is nice i guess. New features would be better but at least they are working on it.

madjoki

http://steamcommunity.com/app/44320/discussions/0/558746745592088289/

"I can however tell you that we'll be upgrading you all to the Complete Edition free of charge, we'll be adding Steam Trading cards and if you also happen to own a mac we'll be making the mac edition of DiRT 3 available to you as well. If you own a boxed copy dig out your CD key and keep it safe as you'll need that to redeem your Steamworks copy when the update goes live."

EDIT: I own the GFWL version on Steam, but it's not shown up in my library yet.

https://steamdb.info/app/44320/subs/

Not updated yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wow so weird that people did giveaways for The Wheelman, The Movies, and Wolfenstein 2012 today. What unexpected generosity.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Oi mates, welcome to War for the Overworld, Australian edition.

Ya sick of gettin’ buggered while smashin’ some bloody moungrels in dungeons and s#!t? All them do-goodin’ d!*kheads really not your cuppa tea? Time to get down in them dungeons and make a go of it yourself, ya bloody yobbo.

This is a true blue dungeon management game, where killing all the good blokes is more fun than riding in the back of your mate’s ute to the bottle-o for some VB. Designed to make you Aussie cobber feel right at home, with none of that pommy s#!t like funny accents and right-way-up graphics.

Crack open a VB from the esky, chuck a sickie from work, and play a real f&@!ing game.

War for the Overworld: Australian Edition. Out April 2nd.

Get it up ya.

BEST TRAILER OF ALL TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom