• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

I'm late to this, but Happy birthday Deitus! Cool of you to do a giveaway like that, and with Alien Iso in the mix too. That is one excellent horror/stealth game.

Nintendad

I've got a new computer coming in the next 10 days and I can't wait to finally get steam going. This is my first time having a of that'll play anything other than WoW.

Jawmuncher

This is my first time going through FEAR and i'm having a blast. For a game where you really just going through some hallways and blast dudes in slo-mo. It's staying pretty fun just because of how great the mechanics are. Slo-mo destruction never gets old, and even for such an old game. Seeing all the dust, debris, bullet holes, and blood add a lot to every encounter. Also digging the creepy atmosphere, which is a nice change of pace for a FPS. Hopefully I can finish this tomorrow and start 2 as well. Already beat 3 awhile back with a friend on PS3. Didn't mind it but I can see why a lot of people didn't like it. Since it's really nothing like the original.

Also i'm playing with the mouse and keyboard, more so because I have to. Setting up the controller would have been more of a pain than it would be worth. Don't mind it, but it never fails my left hand always starts to hurts. Mainly my pinky.

This is my first time going through FEAR and i'm having a blast. For a game where you really just going through some hallways and blast dudes in slo-mo. It's staying pretty fun just because of how great the mechanics are. Slo-mo destruction never gets old, and even for such an old game. Seeing all the dust, debris, bullet holes, and blood add a lot to every encounter. Also digging the creepy atmosphere, which is a nice change of pace for a FPS. Hopefully I can finish this tomorrow and start 2 as well. Already beat 3 awhile back with a friend on PS3. Didn't mind it but I can see why a lot of people didn't like it. Since it's really nothing like the original.

Also i'm playing with the mouse and keyboard, more so because I have to. Setting up the controller would have been more of a pain than it would be worth. Don't mind it, but it never fails my left hand always starts to hurts. Mainly my pinky.

The AI really makes the slo-mo/gunplay shine and FEAR is a fantastic game because of it.

Such a classic.

The less anyone says about F3AR the better.

Never bought from nuuvem, do they sell steam keys?
Edit: It's 14% off, nice for a newly released title but after spending too much on winter sales I have to wait till when it'll be around 33-50% off.

It's a Steam key and in the end it's more than 14% off. PoE costs 45 dollars on Steam, 69.99 reais on Nuuvem and that'd be like 23 dollars or so, almost 50%.

City 17

It's "on sale" because you'd be paying the Brazilian price, which is likely more than 33% off the US or Europe price.

It's a steam key, and it's like 20 USD there.

Go, start!

It's a Steam key and in the end it's more than 14% off. PoE costs 45 dollars on Steam, 69.99 reais on Nuuvem and that'd be like 23 dollars or so, almost 50%.

Thanks.

So the key works in US, right? Didn't steam ban cross-region trading not long ago?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Interesting because his Facebook page once said 'May' but that got removed. I'd have bet on him doing Vita first.

He's probably contractually obligated to release the Vita version before the PC version.

Fwiw, on that same post someone asked about Vita support.

Response to Vita question: Sometime in 2015.

Response to PC question: In a month or two.

So I'm guessing PC is coming first, no contractual obligation to bring Vita first.

M4z5bsF.png

Turfster

This is my first time going through FEAR and i'm having a blast. For a game where you really just going through some hallways and blast dudes in slo-mo. It's staying pretty fun just because of how great the mechanics are. Slo-mo destruction never gets old, and even for such an old game. Seeing all the dust, debris, bullet holes, and blood add a lot to every encounter. Also digging the creepy atmosphere, which is a nice change of pace for a FPS. Hopefully I can finish this tomorrow and start 2 as well.

FEAR is amazing. 2 is okay. 3 is dogshit as you already know ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-AC558EA8B5D7FADF - Taken by Intel. 2 entrants total.
Amnesia -- MB-D7F51CD0CEC3EA87 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.

t1428299265z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

F.E.A.R. signal? F.E.A.R. signal! Glad to see you're enjoying it, it's a fantastic piece of gaming software. Be sure to listen to every phone call, the plot is really interesting.

Oh, and I just noticed that Morningbus is the new OP. He definitely hates anime, lol

Miguel81

Yeah, the firefights are insanely hectic and the slow-mo mechanic + the shotgun is pretty brutal stuff. The banter between the clones always gave me a chuckle.

Edit: The online portion was fun back in the day, but the PS3 version that I was stuck with didn't have mic support.

Backlogger

Trying to figure out a good multiplayer/co-op game to get my brother for his birthday. Ideas? Divinity: Original Sin would be nice if I could find a good price on two copies.

Quick question about buying and downloading DLC Soundtracks. Do I really have to buy the entire game if I just want to buy the soundtrack? On the store page it says "This content requires the base game Freedom Planet on Steam in order to play." and I'm wondering how literal that is.

FLD

No, but on the latest Bombcast Brad mentioned something along the lines of "its a cool deal he has with sony for publicity, and then he'll be putting it out on steam next month."

It could just be an assumption based on how these deals typically are,

edit: actually he totally just said month or two on his site

elg7s7B.png

Oh shit, that's awesome. I could've sworn I read that the PC version would be something like 6 months later. Really glad to hear it's gonna be much sooner than that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to figure out a good multiplayer/co-op game to get my brother for his birthday. Ideas? Divinity: Original Sin would be nice if I could find a good price on two copies.
Portal 2 has a fantastic co-op campaign, on top of the also fantastic single player one. Left 4 Dead 2 is a lot of fun too, as is Duke Nukem 3D. SpeedRunners is another solid choice.

rtcn63

HL2 becomes long in the tooth sometime during the water vehicle section. And then again when you have to throw shit to get bugs to fight enemies for you... and probable a few dozen more times in-between. I stopped shortly after I joined up with some rebels in a metro or something.

Messiah

HL2 becomes long in the tooth sometime during the water vehicle section. And then again when you have to throw shit to get bugs to fight enemies for you... and probable a few dozen more times in-between. I stopped shortly after I joined up with some rebels in a metro or something.

Huh I didn't feel like that at all. The only part I didn't like was Ravenholme.

Dsyndrome

Easter shot all my PoE time this weekend. Driving back from Oregon now playing Crisis Core, hopefully get a half hour of Eternity in before bed tonight. Still need to get more than just Eder, Aloth, myself, and the rogue adventurer to tackle the cheating Shades in the Temple of Eothas.

Easter shot all my PoE time this weekend. Driving back from Oregon now playing Crisis Core, hopefully get a half hour of Eternity in before bed tonight. Still need to get more than just Eder, Aloth, myself, and the rogue adventurer to tackle the cheating Shades in the Temple of Eothas.

The faster you get anti-spirit enchantments, the better!

City 17

Quick question about buying and downloading DLC Soundtracks. Do I really have to buy the entire game if I just want to buy the soundtrack? On the store page it says "This content requires the base game Freedom Planet on Steam in order to play." and I'm wondering how literal that is.

Yes, in my experience with Transistor, Wasteland 2 etc. you need the base game just like any other DLC.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I never played Half-Life.
iker-casillas-screwedvrurm.gif

Hah, don't worry, it isn't rude at all! You're just replying to what's relevant ;)

And besides, it is what it is. Nothing to do about it.

I digress, that's really, really nice. I was actually considering getting two Pilot Metropolitans from Massdrop recently, but realised that I really have no use for yet another pen. My current one hasn't seen much use lately, so it would be somewhat pointless.

But my oh my, those... Those are some gorgeous journals. They look great... I should check how much shipping is to Daneland

Yes, the journals look amazing. I really want to start writing a bit everyday. And some math/stats/science because I love graphs.

No, and that's by design, so even you can have never heard of them.

See what I did there? :)

...Nothin'?

...Okay, they'll probably release one when all the episodes are done.

But I want it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom