• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
But but but

ziPGnic.jpg
With those little fuckers jumping around, I had to move my cameras a lot. Total puke-fest.

Yeah, I played through hl1 just 2 years ago and it was a bit clunky. Quick saves were basically a necessity if you wanted to explore with any peace of mind.

By the time you get to Xen, you're just like "why..."

and then you fight that final boss. Ugh.

I've actually had more fun playing the old Star Wars: Dark Forces (1 & 2) games than any of Half Life 1 or its absolutely horrible expansions.

You people make me sick, the Half-Life series is some of the best video gaming a person can partake in.

In other news, I'm re-installing Neverwinter. help pls stop me

Hugstable

Banned
Resident Evil 6 is a fun coop game.

I still need to get to the game someday. I tried it out for a few minutes, but got really turned off by the amount of QTE they shove right in that beginning portion. I know I'll get to RE6 someday!

I did play Revelations 2 recently, that was alot of fun

zkylon

zkylewd
personally i really liked earned in blood but yea, none of these games are perfect

there's def frustrating parts in the first two games that were too strict or unfair or whatever, and just not much fun that could've be smoothed out. having different classes like in hell's highway is cool too and i don't necessarily think having cutscenes is a bad thing or anything (outside of hh being a bit too melodramatic)

overall i like the style of 1 and 2 better and i hope that's what they base 4 in. 3 wouldn't be a terrible launching point but i think going deeper into that direction isn't that interesting. i want a more minimalistic game of environmental storytelling and moments of quiet and for the war to feel unpleasant and scary, not exciting or heroic or whatever.

but like that inglourious basterds clone garbage no

no no no no no no no

fucking no

srs, gearbox

I'm not sure how things are over in zkyland. But here in the real world, people can't really afford to give away stuff once they lose their job. >_>
sounds like real world is a real shitty place

you should move over to zkyland

I could feel myself aging while reading these two posts
on mobile.
well i mean who even reads those kind of posts

Hmmm winter sale 2013 for me. I just wanted to enjoy those price mistakes.

I suppose my avatar isn't helping much?

Why all the hate at anime anyway. The reaction gifs are better.
easier to blame "anime" than accept that ppl haven't been helping either, i guess

That's essentially what I do. I'm sure you can likely find some examples to the contrary, but for the most part just discuss some tech or games, then get out.

I very rarely complain, in fact I don't think I've mentioned anything in about a year. Just pointed it out after you were telling people to fuck off.
yeah, wasn't directed at you, more like at the general complaining population, to which i never felt you belonged, actually

i do really disagree with the idea that nowadays good discussion isn't possible in this thread, or more specifically that it was markedly better before

Third strike against Neverwinter: Its Steam store website link leads to some weird arc games webstore instead of the official Neverwinter site. Gross.
Whatever that is is after my time with the game, I haven't played it almost a year. I'm also re-installing Guild Wars 2 which I've played maybe 20 hours of around when I bought it at launch.
It's Minsc and Boo, the heroes of Baldur's Gate, being pimped out to promote a horrid free-to-play cash grab.

Never let them win...ter.

Backlogger

Nope, don't have it in my library yet. Probably should pick up the series in the next sale?

You can't take me down! *runs*

It's worth a play through. I played through HL2 and episodes 1 and 2 last year for the first time and it was totally worth it. I did try a bit of HL1 after the fact but couldn't handle the "oldness" of it.

Definitely consider it if you find a good price on it

Ok last repost, my only hope with these games is that they get redeemed and whomever redeems them enjoys the +1.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 25 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MrTeachwell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero academy -- MB-D968C4DCE635AFBD - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.
organ trail directors cut -- MB-7B4D434883399DEE - Taken by Eila. 9 entrants total.
jedi knight jedi academy -- MB-9BD391C834F60C20 - Taken by SaveFerris. 11 entrants total.
jedi knight dark forces 2 -- MB-CEBC5DAED754253E - Taken by Milamber. 13 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-6CA2546EDD9F6C0F
spirits -- MB-F3DBAB4C7DB6E0CD - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-6F7151BB385E58C3 - Taken by zkylon. 3 entrants total.
fist of jesus -- MB-2633D0BF7322DDE9 - Taken by lindarasta. 7 entrants total.
knights of the old republic -- MB-73F5A59396153A8F - Taken by Axass. 14 entrants total.
stealth bastard deluxe -- MB-6D81B126815E20DB - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 4 entrants total.
nightsky -- MB-C37C3B911268631C - Taken by TheMadMan007. 4 entrants total.
jedi knight 2 jedi outcast -- MB-273786A584381021 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 13 entrants total.
The bard's tale -- MB-71E81170DA94E340 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 13 entrants total.
bad hotel -- MB-571F54B8E7B8CB50 - Taken by thereisnoif. 3 entrants total.
betrayer -- MB-8FDD61BB47B5C4FA - Taken by 7Sins. 3 entrants total.
dominique pamplemousse -- MB-076DA7817EC27E5C - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
fractal -- MB-EB41017E445BA466 - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.
World of goo, anomaly, osmos, edge -- MB-E1F22A92F5FED61E - Taken by rrvv. 3 entrants total.
closure -- MB-0B7673C1DCB70186 - Taken by Teppic. 4 entrants total.
mcpixel -- MB-2B2BAA7B99A6B43A - Taken by BigAT. 3 entrants total.
star wars dark forces -- MB-EA4367BDB0AAB6CC - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Fieldrunners, bittripbeat, spacechem, uplink -- MB-C2FCF344EBEF7EE5 - Taken by Foolia. 2 entrants total.
Cortex command -- MB-BDFB1A76F9EAF064 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
waking mars #2 -- MB-D85BDF2EA6A4596B - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
waking mars -- MB-7EA83412487C1E46 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.

t1428311924z1.png

Neverwinter:

Not even once.

That looks disgusting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I joined because CS 1.6 was the new hotness, until I got grumpy with some of the changes at the time and went back to 1.5 and then WON shut down.

What a crazy 11 years of Steam it has been

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I joined because CS 1.6 was the new hotness, until I got grumpy with some of the changes at the time and went back to 1.5 and then WON shut down.

What a crazy 11 years of Steam it has been

my 1.6 account got banned in like '06, so it wasn't until O-box that I got a new account.

I played Prey on my friend's account.

I was a console pleb for most of my life, with some PC sprinkled in (never had my own PC, always had to play on friends or my old jank ass family PC). The free copy of Portal 2 that came with PS3 copy was the reason I joined Steam.

Belgarion

The AI really makes the slo-mo/gunplay shine and FEAR is a fantastic game because of it.

Such a classic.

The less anyone says about F3AR the better.

Still have to play FEAR 2, the 1 was a great experience

Portal 2 has a fantastic co-op campaign, on top of the also fantastic single player one. Left 4 Dead 2 is a lot of fun too, as is Duke Nukem 3D. SpeedRunners is another solid choice.

Couldn't say it better. Great choices! Portal is one of the best games I played.

I was a console pleb for most of my life, with some PC sprinkled in (never had my own PC, always had to play on friends or my old jank ass family PC). The free copy of Portal 2 that came with PS3 copy was the reason I joined Steam.

Same. I joined Steam in 2012. Wish I redeemed my Portal 2 code to my account, but I needed someone to play with so I gave the code away.

Ok last repost, my only hope with these games is that they get redeemed and whomever redeems them enjoys the +1.

Thank you for the giveaway!

Is Paypal a must for Nuuvem? I've been really curious to try it, but if paypal is a necessity then it's a deal breaker on my end. :/

yuraya

Never understood the pacing issues people have with Half-Life 2. The game is like 15 hours long. Take away the driving sections and the game becomes like 13 hours long. People making a big deal about 2 hours of gameplay. It wasn't even boring or anything either. It was actually kind of fun and showed off a very atmospheric setting in that city. Something many games don't do anymore. Its actually very genius game design if you think about it. Valve basically was able to show you an entire city in such a small amount of time. A lot of it was very memorable too. Taking away the driving sections would have made the game kinda disjointed. It just wouldn't have been the same game without it imo.

City 17

So any of you Nuuvem users able to help me out by doing this Nuuvem thing in exchange for steam wallet codes of (almost) equal value?

Let's say I give you the code... then you buy the game via Nuuvem.

Deitus

Thanks again to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I'm not exactly thrilled that another year has passed, but you guys certainly helped cheer me up. Maybe this next year I'll actually find time to play games.

Repost for anyone who missed it earlier:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-806604AFBD972D36 - Taken by Shalashaska. 63 entrants total.
Besiege -- MB-B6490DCD0AC019A5 - Taken by baterism. 69 entrants total.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-333890538CAC754E - Taken by chronomac. 83 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-24C96AFA2AE0E673 - Taken by Majukun. 70 entrants total.

t1428330763z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom