• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Why bother having the DR1 requirement for the raffle though?
Then again DR2 probably won't make much sense without the first in guessing

Yeah pretty much that, since the story of DR2 follows after the events of DR1 and its aftermath.
Mind you in case the winner is uneligable, I'll do another raffle :p

It's happened a few times to me and it gets old pretty quick. I love the idea of invasions and it's a part of the Souls online experience but just don't waste everybody's time when you're doing it.
I started playing with my friend as a purple mad spirit, it helps lure the dark spirits out.

Jawmuncher

coop? that's no fun :<

I beat every souls boss in coop unless there's absolutely no one to help. I like doing the levels myself and summoning just for the boss. Best moments of souls games for me are those moments. It's one of the reasons I disliked bloodborne so much, the coop system there ducking sucks. Though I think the covenant update helped fix that. Since that adds I think a easier way to have people join you and actual NPC summons as well. Since originally the game was super lacking in them. Like someone forgot to put them in there.

Funny enough though I played all of DS1 offline and had a good time still. That game did a great job of making you feel like you were online even when you weren't.

I have football manager, though I do have exactly 4 foil steam getaway cards so idk if you want them all and just find someone to 1:1 you(good luck with that one though lol)
Do you want something in exchange?

I could buy 4 Sacks of Steam Gems and give them to you in exchange?

Ludens

Banned
Man, I didn't remember FFIX being so disturbing.
Zidane is like one of those man with several women in each city he visits, and he costantly try
to hook Garnet.
Both characters are underage, I don't really know why SE just didn't make both 18+ honestly, since they both act as adults.
Also
Eiko, who is like... six years old? She tries to hook Zidane with an aphrodisiac launch.

Quina in the
fake marriage with Vivi try to kiss him or something like that, and Vivi is also 6 or 7.

Creepy, disturbing stuff I didn't remember when I was a kid, maybe because I was 15 years old too, but playing this today is very "what the hell they were thinking".

Nillansan

Off topic, but Japan is taking Hollywood to school with the new Godzilla trailer. Amazing soundtrack by the sounds of things, with a Godzilla that both harks back to the original but also has something genuinely disturbing about it. And no Hollywood-ised trailer narration and awful jumping to ruin it

https://youtu.be/ysRIwlEBjuw

That looks amazing and that soundtrack is something else, I've been listening to it repeatedly for the last 15 minutes.

Someone made a really fitting picture of level design in the Dark Souls games.

That's a very elegant way of summarising the world design of each Souls entry.

All this DR1 discussion.

Always makes me want the first Dead Rising game on PC.

Really surprised that game never went multi platform at some stage, it would have done just as well on PS3 / PC. I still maintain it's the best dead rising, it's the only one where I could be bothered to replay it more than once. The mall is surprisingly well connected and feels really great to just run around in. I don't think any of the other games have had a location as cohesive as the mall, the game also had a really interesting difficulty curve, the zombies were comical fodder, but they felt weirdly dangerous, I think it was seeing the sheer amount of them on screen was just really unsettling. The base game was fairly hard but it all felt like practice for the games real hardcore mode; Infinity Mode.

Infinity mode is one of the most intense survival experiences I've ever had in a game, it actually puts a lot of the current crop of survival games to shame. You had to find a secure location, barricade it, and have the knowledge to make efficient food and ammo runs, all while avoiding psychopaths who spawn all over the place. So intense thinking back on it.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get on PC though, as far as I know it might actually be one of, if not the first MT framework game. It's probably isn't nearly as port friendly as stuff like Dogma or Resident Evil. I would kind of hate for DR1 to stay stuck on the 360, especially with it's 10th anniversary coming up soon.

Tizoc

Really surprised that game never went multi platform at some stage, it would have done just as well on PS3 / PC. I still maintain it's the best dead rising, it's the only one where I could be bothered to replay it more than once. The mall is surprisingly well connected and feels really great to just run around in. I don't think any of the other games have had a location as cohesive as the mall, the game also had a really interesting difficulty curve, the zombies were comical fodder, but they felt weirdly dangerous, I think it was seeing the sheer amount of them on screen was just really unsettling. The base game was fairly hard but it all felt like practice for the games real hardcore mode; Infinity Mode.

Infinity mode is one of the most intense survival experiences I've ever had in a game, it actually puts a lot of the current crop of survival games to shame. You had to find a secure location, barricade it, and have the knowledge to make efficient food and ammo runs, all while avoiding psychopaths who spawn all over the place. So intense thinking back on it.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get on PC though, as far as I know it might actually be one of, if not the first MT framework game. It's probably isn't nearly as port friendly as stuff like Dogma or Resident Evil. I would kind of hate for DR1 to stay stuck on the 360, especially with it's 10th anniversary coming up soon.
the wii port was that bad huh?

Jawmuncher

Dead Rising is still the weirdest franchise I have ever seen handled. It's been exclusive, not exclusive. Some titles here and not there. If they could get DR1 and the Cases for 2 on PC we could finally have it all in one place.

uM2N5nm.jpg
Metal Gear Solid VI confirmed, it'll be set in Indonesia.JakartaGlobe
He lost both of his arms due to a grenade accident.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man I was all about Mad Max until they fucking forget the dog exists! What the fuck. Man fuck this game.

Im semi-kidding, im into it a whole of a lot more than I expected, right place right time I guess, but that dog shit really stuck out to me :/

Jawmuncher

I've almost bought Dark Souls 3 a few times, but remember I only have 20 in steam credit. If I had 10 more bucks I would have probably bought it already.

kagamin

I'm loving my SL50 PVP in Dark Souls 3. Been rolling with the
Aldrich
Faithfuls for the time being and I've been getting a lot of 1v1 fights.

bbd23

im enjoying dark souls 3 so much right now, I might just buy the season pass after im finished with it :p

fashion souls spoiler:
dark set is best set

Shahadan

I'm loving my SL50 PVP in Dark Souls 3. Been rolling with the
Aldrich
Faithfuls for the time being and I've been getting a lot of 1v1 fights.

Oh those are players? I got invaded by two of them at the same time and thought they were npcs. Oh well, I destroyed their ass anyway.

Mivey

I shared a cookie with you! How can you say that to me? :(
But what if we accept he isn't you, but is just generally better at being you? I think the Steam Community should decide, based on his and your output, who is more real. Valve should, as always, take a more hands of approach.
Also, I like the term "identity competition" as opposed to "identity stealing".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom