• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes this does feel like the DS3 OT which is a bit weird. I like this thread because I'm constantly reading random opinions on all kinds of games but when it's half the posts in the thread and in regards to a game that has an active OT going, it's a bit much imo.

Go to Farron's Keep for a bit and then come back with a renewed perspective on what can and can not literally fuck off.

Whaaaa. Road of Sacrifices certainly is not in my top-3-worst-areas of DS3 by far lol.

I'm fucked.

Why are some of you talking about Dark Souls III in here? Take that talk to either the OT or the spoiler thread, whichever you deem appropriate. I don't even feel I should be asking this in the first place. Or at the very least spoiler tag areas and other locations of interest.

Because it's on Steam and it's the biggest release of the past week?

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I really never understood spoiling locations with Dark Souls stuff.

Momentary

Banned
Dark Souls 3
All these armors come back and they leave out the Heide Knight. It better be in some DLC.

Better tag this before the back seat mod here comes and gets me.

Red Hood

Banned
Because it's on Steam and it's the biggest release of the past week?

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I really never understood spoiling locations with Dark Souls stuff.

Well aren't you a clever one, if you were specifically talking about how much DS3 sold on Steam or how many people are playing it right now, sure why not, but there's an OT - regardless of platform - specifically for your kind of discussions. Even a spoiler thread if you feel like a naughty boy.

Well aren't you a clever one, if you were specifically talking about how much DS3 sold on Steam or how many people are playing it right now, sure why not, but there's an OT - regardless of platform - specifically for your kind of discussions. Even a spoiler thread if you feel like a naughty boy.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but thanks.

I guess we can only talk about 'releases' in here and not games people are actually playing? That makes sense.

This happens with every major release that a lot of people are playing, but the Souls series is the only one people get butthurt about. I don't get it. I'd rather have an actual discussion with people here instead of getting ignored in the OT, but whatever.

Momentary

Banned
Levine new game will be a Telltale adventure but in live action lmao

You better post that on a news thread. The STEAM thread is not the place for this. It's only about happy birthdays and Anime. You better fix your post before these back seat mods on here jump on you.

Lumine

Levine new game will be a Telltale adventure but in live action lmao

http://www.wired.com/2016/04/ken-levine-twilight-zone/

That actually sounds kind of cool. :p

I guess we can only talk about 'releases' in here and not games people are actually playing? That makes sense.

This happens with every major release that a lot of people are playing, but the Souls series is the only one people get butthurt about. I don't get it. I'd rather have an actual discussion with people here instead of getting ignored in the OT, but whatever.

Oh come on, stop trying to act like this is some sort of rocket science. The OT is one click away. People stay out of that thread because they'd rather not spoil any surprise the game might offer them when they get around to play it. People might be more vocal about DS than most games, but that's because it's popular. Also it's been pages filled with DS3 one after another in here.

Perhaps I should just stay out of it. I barely ever post in this thread anyway. Might as well stop reading it too then if people need to use it as their own personal chat room or get all defensive when asked to show some common courtesy.

You better post that on a news thread. The STEAM thread is not the place for this. It's only about happy birthdays and Anime. You better fix your post before these back seat mods on here jump on you.

You've got to be joking.

Parsnip

Dark Souls 3
All these armors come back and they leave out the Heide Knight. It better be in some DLC.

Better tag this before the back seat mod here comes and gets me.

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Lain

With Danganronpa 2 out in like 13 hours I wonder what we will get next from Spike Chunsoft. Wonder if Danganronpa v3 will hit PC close to its console release.

If they're smart, they'll do a same day release. They seem kinda smart, so I hope they won't let me down.

I think my gpu died. I wasn't getting a picture on my monitor with the hdmi cable connected to the gpu and now my PC isn't detecting it. Even amd's software is telling me that no amd hardware is in my PC.
Oh man, so sorry to hear. I feel for you :'(
What model is it and what year you got it? Hope your warranty will take care of it. Good luck!
Also, friends don't let friends fat roll.
It's not fat rolling! Just a bit husky ;)
Road of Sacrifices can literally fuck off.
Heh... heh. You'll be reminiscing about the breeze that is RoS once you hit further grounds. Boy do I hope you liked DeS Latria.... I still get the shivers from them creeps...
Being a Thief really made my life easier for that one. My tendency to stick ranged definitely didn't, though. Found it a lot more easy to get in close. t liked the diversity of attacks on that boss. Also,
the wall of fire
surrounding him. Ouch.
The dark orbs were a pain if you didn't dodge immediately. The first ones stagger and rest hits like a freight train.
But the real kicker were the sky arrows straight from another dimension. Damn son, they one-shotted me plenty a time.
Dark Souls 3 is a masterpiece. It's seriously incredible what they've been able to achieve, I love you Miyazaki
It's pretty incredible isn't it? They outdid themselves by laser focusing. No tedium, no trudge, no grind. Great level design, great bosses, great world-building.
As game design I think the recycling is a cheap move.
There is quite a lot of throwbacks, some even major but I'm glad how they kept it in short doses. Those parts still don't overstay their welcome and make sense with the narrative.
Edit: also adding OTGs is bullshit
It works both ways and that is awesome. Love OTG. If get downed, you deserve to be stomped on as well ;)
RPCS3 (PS3 emulator) has just released their first public build yesterday.

There's also this line in the release notes:
Dang, had no clue Vita emulation even existed. Awesome news. Vita has some real nice exclusives.
51 hours... oh man.
61 hours at Soul Level 100.

I don't regret anything. Wish it goes on for hundreds of hours.
You know what kind of game I wouldn't mind paying €28 for?

79835_front.jpg
I don't read Japanese. What is the name?

Lain

Please keep talking about DS3 as much as you like in here. It's a Steam game. We're in here to talk about Steam games, PC games, games we're playing and discussing all them.

Damn, insomniac doing all these games yet can't port sunset overdrive.

they might think that the game having had a tepid sales reception on the xb1 suggests that it's not worth the effort to put it on PC. They own the IP so it's on them to get the port done, maybe they don't think the risk is worth it.

Even though i own on on XB1 i would love to have it on PC for reasons that i dont need to get into because duh. But they might not think it worthwhile

MUnited83

For you.
oh noes, somebody said the very generic name of a area that doesn't even give insight about what the area is about! My experience is RUINED

my favorite section of Dark Souls 3 is the ashen kingdom, falavar. You can tell they really put a lot of effort into that area, it makes my 980 struggle like a mofo.

i haven't played DS3 and made that name up all spur of the moment like

Parsnip

I mean I get that people are super sensitive about Dark Souls spoilers, but super generic area name doesn't spoil anything.

Just praise the sun, sunbros.
g1c6ybS.png

Knurek

Speaking of puzzle games:

header.jpg

Game 41: Squarecells - started on 16.04.2016, finished on 18.04.2016 (4:40) - ★★★★★

Blow who? It's obvious Matthew Brown is the king of puzzle games.
Every puzzle here was meticulously crafted and it shows. Yes, there's only 36 puzzles here, and there's only one of them that's 14x14. Despite that, it still took me 8 minutes on average to clear every puzzle. This is amazing, considering I'm doing standard 15x15 nonograms in... dunno, 2-3 minutes. The nurikabe part adds so much to the overall challenge and feels like such a natural fit.
Im really looking forward to Squarecells+

Red Hood

Banned

That is correct. Otherwise what's the point of having OTs? Just for decorations? Discussing a game in more than a shallow way (e.g. how much it sold, the performance, etc. etc.) in platform threads doesn't make sense, try doing that with Witcher 3 or The Last of Us/Bloodborne in the GOG and PSN threads respectively.

Also, I don't understand why you'd think your posts would be ignored in the actual OT (which has only one goal: talking about the game) as opposed to a general thread like this Steam thread (which has tons of subjects and as a result a much higher chance of getting ignored).

iosefe

header.jpg

Game 41: Squarecells - started on 16.04.2016, finished on 18.04.2016 (4:40) - ★★★★★

Every puzzle here was meticulously crafted and it shows. Yes, there's only 36 puzzles here, and there's only one of them that's 14x14. Despite that, it still took me 8 minutes on average to clear every puzzle. This is amazing, considering I'm doing standard 15x15 nonograms in... dunno, 2-3 minutes. The nurikabe part adds so much to the overall challenge and feels like such a natural fit.
Fuckin squarecells.

The dev has all my money for all future games

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What's going on here? People are actually complaining that someone's talking about a game they are playing, that is currently being sold on Steam, on the Steam thread? I mean, being on-topic is a bad thing now? Man, I don't recall there ever being this much noise about anime or post-sales damage lists.

Can we go back to 3DS talk and discussions about drinking yerba mate, please? :p

header.jpg

Some of the latter puzzles were really hard, but they felt so satisfying to solve. Can't wait for a sequel!

Why are people bitching about others talking about video games in here? I didn't know that this was a thread to just talk about a platform, sounds like a damn boring thread to me. I thought it was a thread for the platforms community to discuss games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, what's your take on Steam Desktop Authenticator?
Is it safe enough for use for people without a smartphone?

Steam Desktop Authenticator and programs like it put me in a weird uncomfortable position. Personally, I don't believe it's worth potentially compromising your account security with - the program itself seems safe enough, unless someone updates it maliciously. Additionally, it removes the "2" from "2FA" (two factor authentication) meaning that if someone were to compromise your PC or gain remote access, having PC based authentication isn't going to prevent said attacker from logging into your account like having it on a separate device would.

Of course as others have pointed out, this stance does seem a bit hypocritical coming from someone who made programs like Idle Master where people had similar concerns of VAC banning or malicious updates that could steal your information.

So in this case I'd say it's probably fine to get around Valve's shenanigans as long as you don't mind your account being somewhat less secure than actually using Valve's 2FA and (maybe) if there is a way to disable automatic updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom